PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Greer Screwed up twice

Ebenezer
11-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Interesting! The NE Pats just decided to change their mind on a penalty call and that was fine. However, when London Fletcher is screaming into Greer's face that the Bills want to decline the holding penalty with 45 seconds left it doesn't get changed. What is up with that? Couple that with the miscall of Bledsoe's "fumble" and that stinks. Granted, there is no way to know if Buffalo would have been able to score but at the same time competency on the part of Johnny Greer might have helped.

BuffaloRanger
11-16-2003, 08:57 PM
The NFl will issue some sort of statement tomorrow defending that friggin idiot. GW should have kept his players on the sideline until Greer listened.

Throne Logic
11-16-2003, 10:33 PM
The better question is: Who was the idiot that even hinted that that penalty should have been anything other than declined?

Tatonka
11-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
The better question is: Who was the idiot that even hinted that that penalty should have been anything other than declined?

had to be a "coach"

Ingtar33
11-17-2003, 02:27 AM
Fletch is D-captain, only person Greer would have listened to over him would have been Gregg Williams.

When I saw Fletcher screaming he’d decline it… and Greer giving the penalty, I was thinking “Gregg you ****** moron.” Technically, he’s the end all of those calls, and Greer must have got the “accept” sign from Gregg… Fletch you could see was completely flummoxed.

northernbillfan
11-17-2003, 02:40 AM
It was absolute bulls#it

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 04:36 AM
the refs have been noticably inconsistant the last couple years.

Historian
11-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
the refs have been noticably inconsistant the last couple years.

The worst part about that, is that they NEVER , EVER got anything wrong back when I was a kid. I think the players are just too big and fast nowadays for these blind, old, men.

Greer is one of the best the NFL has too.

saviorbledsoe
11-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Spikes accepted it. Greer pointed to him when Fletcher was yelling and then the camera showed an embarrassed Spikes.

Dozerdog
11-17-2003, 07:22 AM
What's this BS about "not being able to change your mind"?

It's one thing if they walked it off and set the ball/ put the clock in motion- but while driving home from the game I heard the ref call in the pats game and I nearly drove off the road. The exact quote from the Ref ......

..... During the explanation of the penalty, the Patriots have changed their minds and will accept

BAM
11-17-2003, 07:35 AM
That is gay. Why can't we ever catch a friggin break.

clumping platelets
11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
:couch:

The_Philster
11-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Spikes accepted it. Greer pointed to him when Fletcher was yelling and then the camera showed an embarrassed Spikes.

What camera were you watching? :scratch: I was there and Spikes was jumping up and down pissed off at the fact that the call was accepted.

clumping platelets
11-18-2003, 07:42 AM
I bet one of the Texans players said it :mad:

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Something wierd like that happened to Pittsburgh last night, too. They "accpted" the penalty, then tried to change their mind. Hoculi wouldn't let them, either. Not sure of the details...I was half asleep at the time!

Michael82
11-18-2003, 02:54 PM
What was up with that late hit penalty? Clements had no way to stop and his hit was barely right after the player caught the ball. I was really pissed with that call too! :mad: :madcurse:

The_Philster
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I bet one of the Texans players said it :mad:

That could very well be. And Johnny wasn't paying attention to who said it. After all, London didn't say it and he was the only one that Johhny was supposed to listen to.