PDA

View Full Version : Henry Injured / Will McGahee Play

RedEyE
11-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Henry has a cracked fibula. Let's face it, for a running back that's a serious enough injury to "lay you out" for 3-6 weeks. I'd say that it's about 99% certain that Henry will not play against the Dolts.

So, who gets the carries in Henry's place?

Is it McGahee time? ....or has McGahee not been seasoned enough this year to get an NFL start?

The Spaz
11-17-2003, 12:53 AM
I want Morris or Burns in there I definitely don't need this season to get any worse with McGahee possibly getting injured again!

RedEyE
11-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I want Morris or Burns in there I definitely don't need this season to get any worse with McGahee possibly getting injured again!

That's an intertesting point....is McGahee even 100% yet?

The Spaz
11-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE

That's an intertesting point....is McGahee even 100% yet?

No! He said he could play but wouldn't be effective is the last thing I heard.

shelby
11-17-2003, 04:01 AM
McGahee isn't ready and therefore not worth the risk. Give the nod to Burns and Morris.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 04:05 AM
with the way things are going,we're better off having willis just take the rest of the year off and wait until next season.at least he'll be here next season.the coaching staff won't.we don't need these homers screwing up our future.

Dozerdog
11-17-2003, 07:26 AM
I'd put Morris & Burns in, and sit Moulds, Henry, & McGahee.

It's not giving up, it's protecting your assets- no need to further risk these guys

Earthquake Enyart
11-17-2003, 07:39 AM
I want Willis. We need to see what he can do this season.

Dozerdog
11-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Why do we need to see him now? Even if he shines, we aren't trading Henry this offseason. I don't see the reward compared to the risk

Earthquake Enyart
11-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why do we need to see him now? Even if he shines, we aren't trading Henry this offseason.

Yes we are.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
we aren't trading Henry this offseason.

Yes we are.

if so,why play willis?save the kid for next year.

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 09:40 AM

I agree. If the doctors say he can play, he should play.

Moulds80
11-17-2003, 09:49 AM

Yes we are.

If the Bills trade Henry, a PROVEN running back just so Willis can play, then this team has already failed next season. Sure, Henry had a few bad games in the beginning of the season, but right now, he IS our offense. we have no passing game, Bledsoe is just there to basically call hut. Henry isd the anchor of this offense, and without him, I bet this team would be getting shutout all of these games. He is the guy who needs to rush for 150+ yards a game to keep them in it. I would rather have Henry as the #1 back like he SHOULD be next year and make Willis the 3rd down back, get him use to the speed of the NFL, and slowly break him in. Don't throw him into the spotlight right away...Henry can get the job done and is proving it again this year, even if no one is watching...

TigerJ
11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
For me, the question of McGahee playing should depend on only two questions. The first question is, can he play with no more risk of reinjury than a normal healthy running back has of being injured?" If the answer to that is "yes" then I ask the second question, can he run more effectively than guys who are now playing? If the answer to the second question is "yes" then he should play.

Stewie
11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
You guys are smokin some good shiznit... EVERY running back that rips his knee up takes 2 years to return to full strength. There's NO WAY he should play this year unless you're willing to mortgage his future to get a worse draft pick and still miss the playoffs..

Does anyone else realize that Travis gets hurt every year? We need both these guys to be healthy and on the roster next year.

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by paulB
You guys are smokin some good shiznit... EVERY running back that rips his knee up takes 2 years to return to full strength. There's NO WAY he should play this year unless you're willing to mortgage his future to get a worse draft pick and still miss the playoffs..

Does anyone else realize that Travis gets hurt every year? We need both these guys to be healthy and on the roster next year.

I trust the doctors. I find it hard to believe that he's ready, but the doctors know more than I do.