PDA

View Full Version : how much power do we the fans have?

Billsouth
11-17-2003, 08:18 AM
can we force a firing by boycotting the games?

if so, should we?

who can we send letters, emails to?

anyone know td's email address?
how about ralph wilson's/

since td is not taking the bill by the horns we should

ryven
11-17-2003, 08:24 AM
you can go to the bills official site and find it.

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth

if so, should we?

who can we send letters, emails to?

anyone know td's email address?
how about ralph wilson's/

since td is not taking the bill by the horns we should

sure, nobody could show up...and the Bills could buy out the lease and leave town too...

Historian
11-17-2003, 08:46 AM

Boycott what? They're money's already in the bank!

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
Boycott what? They're money's already in the bank!

exactly Indi is almost a sellout and you know NYJ and Miami always draw well...people forget that the TV contract is so big that it pays ALL of the players salaries...not one fan ever has to show up to any stadium.

Valerie
11-17-2003, 08:52 AM
I don't think the fans have any real power. I don't think there's anything we can do to change things. If Ralph and Tom Donohue don't want to make the necessary changes, nothing we say, do or don't do isn't going to change that. Sad but unfortunately true.

sabreshockey096
11-17-2003, 12:36 PM
well according to jay mariotti via around the horn we the fans should have some power

Valerie
11-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Maybe if the city owned the team, the opinions of the fans would hold more water. How much say do the Green Bay fans have? They're the only city that owns the team. I think that's a GREAT idea! :)

Moulds80
11-17-2003, 12:43 PM
fans have 0 power...sorry, thats just how it is...:(

The_Philster
11-17-2003, 07:30 PM

if so, should we?

No and no

Originally posted by Ebenezer
sure, nobody could show up...and the Bills could buy out the lease and leave town too...
exactly :sadwalk:

Originally posted by Jaded 7
Maybe if the city owned the team, the opinions of the fans would hold more water. How much say do the Green Bay fans have? They're the only city that owns the team. I think that's a GREAT idea! :) I do as well....but it can't happen anymore. :down: All teams in the NFL now have to have one majority owner except the Packers....only because they had their current ownership set-up in place long ago.

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Maybe if the city owned the team, the opinions of the fans would hold more water. How much say do the Green Bay fans have? They're the only city that owns the team. I think that's a GREAT idea! :)

Can you imagine the City of Buffalo owning the Bills?? They would fight for 10 years to try to name the damn team and take another 10 to choose the uniform...and another 10 to choose a coach...and another 20 to build the stadium...and they would spend 40 times as much as they paid for the team on studies to figure out all that stuff...you get the picture...

BuffaloRanger
11-17-2003, 11:20 PM
LOL Eb that is funny and so true. Waterfront, Crawdaddy's, Signature Bridge, etc.

One thing that Ralph did notice is the amount of fans leaving the game early. He didn't like and said something like "the team has to play better to prevent fans from leaving with 6 minutes left in the game." I wasn't sure what he was refering to. I didn't even realize fans were leaving so early in a game that seemed winable till the end. But then I read another thread about it.

Go to the game and if the Bills are playing like they have been start a boo chant then get up and leave. It might send a clearer message to Ralph who does want to win and does want the fans to be happy.

The danger is that it could make the fans seem like fair weather fans leaving early.