PDA

View Full Version : If Healthy McGahee needs to play.

BidsJr
11-17-2003, 08:43 AM
I agree with EE McGahee needs to play this season if only to size up our situation next year. I am not a big Bledsoe hater as I think in the proper system with the proper personell he CAN be very successful in this league.

BUT..... If Donahoe has HIS doubts right now about Drew we need to verify McGahee's talent this year. Here's why.

WHEN we continue to suck for the rest of the season and land between 5 and 15 in the draft we need Henry/McGahee as leverage if TD wants to make a move. If it is deemed that Eli Manning is half the QB his bro is MAYBE we could use either Travis/Willis (you pick) to move up and grab someone who is a big need.

If it were me I would attempt to Trade up for Manning keep Willis and dump Bledsoe and the coaching staff.

Hire Kirk Ferentz from the Iowa team who Led the Big 11 in total offence 2 of the last 3 years with 3 different starting QB's. His special teams and Defence are always top notch and has his team overachieving year in year out.

ryven
11-17-2003, 08:54 AM
I dont know I am not a real huge fan of Eli Manning not saying he is bad I think he is a god player but Ben Rotholis(sp?) from miami of ohio might be a better choice he is a big guy who can move around really well for hi size and he has a cannon for an arm and seems to have a decent head on his shoulders and the fact we might not have to trade one of our RB for the guy.

mybills
11-17-2003, 09:02 AM
I'll take any QB without tunnel vision. Josh Reed was wide open in the endzone, but no, Drew was focused on someone else yet again.

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BidsJr
I agree with EE McGahee needs to play this season if only to size up our situation next year. I am not a big Bledsoe hater as I think in the proper system with the proper personell he CAN be very successful in this league.

BUT..... If Donahoe has HIS doubts right now about Drew we need to verify McGahee's talent this year. Here's why.

WHEN we continue to suck for the rest of the season and land between 5 and 15 in the draft we need Henry/McGahee as leverage if TD wants to make a move. If it is deemed that Eli Manning is half the QB his bro is MAYBE we could use either Travis/Willis (you pick) to move up and grab someone who is a big need.

If it were me I would attempt to Trade up for Manning keep Willis and dump Bledsoe and the coaching staff.

Hire Kirk Ferentz from the Iowa team who Led the Big 11 in total offence 2 of the last 3 years with 3 different starting QB's. His special teams and Defence are always top notch and has his team overachieving year in year out.

I agree 100%. If the doctors say he's healthy enough, there's no reason he shouldn't be in there. No reason at all.

BidsJr
11-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I have seen Ben only once. Iowa played Miami O to open up the season and apparently that was the worst game in his career. I wsa not impressed with him as Ferentz D completely shut him down. But again maybe it was an off day.

Regardless maybe L. Fitz get in the draft early and we go after him.

My point was we need the leverage of two KNOWN quantities so as to help our position in the offseason.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 09:06 AM
i don't think he fully recovered.with the way this season is going,there's no sense playing him.he will be in our future.that's more than i can say for Gee Dubya and KG.

Stewie
11-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I agree 100%. If the doctors say he's healthy enough, there's no reason he shouldn't be in there. No reason at all.

How about if HE says he's not ready? Doctors know more about his knee than he does? I doubt it.