X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Just Shut Up and Play

I suppose I am the typical middle-aged sports fan. I enjoy watching NFL GameDay as much as anyone. I like the pre-game hype and predictions. I'm not that naïve in that I recognize the networks value style over intellect, brashness over substance and mostly loud hyperbole over thoughtful commentary. Hey, whatever is good for ratings is fine by me. I'm just one viewer. I understand they got rid of Sterling Sharpe because he shouted too much. True story. I actually heard that. I guess Michael Irvin doesn't shout. Hmm. OK. I can't use my mute button that well anyhow. A couple of weeks ago Irvin and Steve Young were debating the talents of Keyshawn Johnson, the ( you fill in the blank ) wide receiver of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Michael Irvin, the pre-Keyshawn Keyshawn, believes Keyshawn to be a top-line talent. Steve Young, a reasonable authority on good wide receivers I believe, placed Keyshawn on the step below the top ranked players at that position. I am solidly in Steve Young's camp on this issue.

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
Working...
X