PDA

View Full Version : Three more failed "trick" plays

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 08:48 AM
1. Flea Flicker that nobody bought on and DB threw short to prevent the sack.

2. End around on the punt return that nobody bought.

3. QB sneak from the 6?? DB couldn't outrun me to the end zone on that play. They stretched the Def and the MLB stood there and never bit on the motion, daring them to run the QB draw.

IF you have to trick the other team then you know you cannot perform...or you think you are smarter than the average NFL coach...new flash!!! Dom Capers (and Bill Parcells) have better resumes than GW.

Another firable offense

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 08:52 AM
We were doing stupid trick/bunch formations all game. It's the freaking WCO again. And Neufeld at FB OVER AND OVER AND OVER??? Why did we even sign Sam Gash?

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
We were doing stupid trick/bunch formations all game. It's the freaking WCO again. And Neufeld at FB OVER AND OVER AND OVER??? Why did we even sign Sam Gash?

Give Neufeld credit...he did not play badly...

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

no :mad:

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 08:59 AM
how many times did we run on 3rd and 2 or less?:mad:

TedMock
11-17-2003, 09:10 AM

No he didn't but on 2nd and 2 Gash should be in the game. As well as Neuefeld blocked, Gash does it better. I didn't mind the QB sneak that much, but the rest of the play calling just stunk. With the way Henry was running we still decided to pass on every third down. Again, picking some sort of screen play on several of those 3rd downs. I honestly think that Gilbride may be the worst OC in all of football. There are teams worse than us but they're not nearly as talented and there are teams better than us who aren't nearly as talented. The time out called before a short field goal really irked me. Lindell was obviously having a bad day. Why on earth would you call time knowing that more time to think about the kick is the last thing he needs? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

G. Host
11-17-2003, 09:15 AM
The SNAPPER was having a bad game. If we had kept Albright (Tom Donahoe decision, year 1) this kind of thing would not have occured.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
The SNAPPER was having a bad game.

i wasn't too high on conaty but i wish we had him back.

Moulds80
11-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Its sad to see a team like Cincinatti (good in thier own respect) at 5-5, when a team like us, who is 4-6 and a much better team. Jesus, we barely beat Cincy at that...I don't get it. Gilbride is making a joke out of this years team...so sad :(

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Moulds80
Jesus, we barely beat Cincy at that.

Amen :up:

Stewie
11-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Drew changed 5 3rd and short running plays to a passing play at the line. End result? 1 of 5 and 1 of 6 passing on 3rd and short overall.

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by paulB
Drew changed 5 3rd and short running plays to a passing play at the line. End result? 1 of 5 and 1 of 6 passing on 3rd and short overall.

AMEN! Including the first two 3 and less than 3...Time to tell him---No Audible...

Moulds80
11-17-2003, 10:47 AM
alotta amens in this thread :priest:

EM Bills Fan 80
11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
2. End around on the punt return that nobody bought.

Correct me if Im wrong, but on this if he had handed it off, whoever it was going too would have been gone up the sideline cause he had the whole sideline with blockers. No im not sure who it was cause I was at the stadium and didnt pay attention at the time, so maybe those of you watched it on TV could tell me, if it wasnt for Brown being tackles right away did it seem as if he was going to hand it off, or was it a fake???

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Correct me if Im wrong, but on this if he had handed it off, whoever it was going too would have been gone up the sideline cause he had the whole sideline with blockers. No im not sure who it was cause I was at the stadium and didnt pay attention at the time, so maybe those of you watched it on TV could tell me, if it wasnt for Brown being tackles right away did it seem as if he was going to hand it off, or was it a fake???

it was a called play and the guy who made the tackle was about to tackle Brown...

The_Philster
11-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Neufeld did play well but I still think Gash would have been better at FB. Heck, we could have gone with three TEs and lined up Henry behind Gash and run all over these guys. :madfire: