PDA

View Full Version : Wit and Wisdom of GW

Earthquake Enyart
11-17-2003, 12:06 PM
from BB.com

On running a quarterback draw from the 6-yard line

"We knew we had coverage on that play. We were a little impatient with it. We thought it was a safe call in respect to if they blitzed us, we'd be able to have a safe throw. If they played coverage, which they did, we thought we'd be able to take it into the end zone. We all agreed on the call during the timeout."

:puke:

On the Bills' defense

"They just played super and played strong. We had a couple missed tackles. That was the only thing that ended up being a failure on the defense. A couple missed tackles. Otherwise, it's a pretty good day. You have to make tackles on every play, on their space players."

:huh:

On the team's mindset after not scoring a touchdown in three games

"The guys are pressing a bit. We had opportunities again today. We had a couple who were a bit confused down there (near the goal line). "

On Sam Aiken dropping a pass in the end zone in the first half

"I thought Sam Aiken played strong today. There were just a couple opportunities down there where we didn't come up with plays. Drew (Bledsoe) threw a nice pass down there and we didn't make the catch."

On whether or not Sam Aiken is too young for his role as a receiver on the team

"No. He has been coming on strong. It's time to play. There's no such thing as 'young' at this point in the season. You can't use that as an excuse."

:maggie:

If it's too late in the season to be young, then is it too late to be confused, too?

"Yes."

:hitself:

On passing on third-and-two

"When you take a look at that you'll see that they were blitzing on those plays. We had run calls. We checked out of them and into safe passes. Those are things we didn't execute again. We had plays packaged and had a couple runs on third-and-three and third-and-four that were good. That was our plan when we came into the ball game."

:attn:

On if the Bills are outsmarting themselves

"No. We're not executing. You don't like to hear it. I don't like saying it over and over again. When you look at the films and see things everyday with our guys, it's the itty-bitty things.I don't think (offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride) is surprised by anything. He understands what the call is and sees the call. He is putting in a play design, knowing what's coming, and our guys aren't surprised."

:ugly:

On the missed field goals

"We were up and down the field. You have to come away with points. It puts a different strategy on the ball game. When you don't come away with those points, it makes it tight and the defense has to press, and press and press. I really think that's the cause of some of the missed tackles. The defense was trying to manufacture a turnover that's awful hard to get."

:hitself: :hitself:

On if there is a need for a personnel change based on lack of execution

"We're playing as many of the guys who we have dressed. You're not seeing us play the same guys over and over again. We're playing everyone we have."

:mad:

Mr. Miyagi
11-17-2003, 12:16 PM
The only personnel change should be on the coaching personnel. I'm so sick and tired of GW defending Gilbride and himself by blaming everything on the players' "execution".

F**k you Gregg Williams. :angry:

justasportsfan
11-17-2003, 12:20 PM
We lost to the texans. What's there to defend?

G. Host
11-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
We lost to the texans. What's there to defend?

Yeah who does GW think we are? The Fins?

Moulds80
11-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Face it GW, you blew it.

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Moulds80
Face it GW, you blew it.

It's never GW's fault...he hasn't owned up to anything in 3 years other than collecting a paycheck.