PDA

View Full Version : Fourth and Goal from the One and a Half Yard Line..

mchurchfie
11-17-2003, 03:14 PM
...and our mental giant of a coach not only elects to go for a FG but burns a much needed timeout to think about it.:down: Your team hasn't scored a TD in 2 1/2 games...what better position to be in to score one and make a statement. We were shoving the ball down the Texan's throats with the run all day....how about helping the Offense's confidence a little by going for it.:shakeno: Our defense was playing great. At the very least The Texans would have took over backed up in their own end on the one or two yard line...another safety maybe??:idunno: It ultimately ended up being one of the MANY things that cost us the game.:shakeno:

lordofgun
11-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Plus our D completely shut them down most of the day. I'd rather go for it and if we miss, give them the ball with 99 yards to go. It's all about Field position, and our coaches are too ******ed to figure that out.

Ebenezer
11-17-2003, 03:30 PM
I said at the time you go for the TD because the way the offense was playing they might not get another chance to score. If you make the TD it is 12-9 Buffalo. If you don't you lose 9-5 (or in this case it would have been12-7). IMO, they killed any confidence that was left in the OL. The Bills did get down the field again but still needed a TD to win. At least if you score the TD there you put the pressure on Houston to have to score a TD to go in the lead.

Mad Bomber
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
GW has repeatedly said that we need some "big plays" to get us fired up and playing with emotion. Scoring that TD would have been just the play he's been talking about.

Sitting in the stands, I was INCREDULOUS when they burned a time out and then brought out the FG team.

GW's reason? He thought the ball was on the 1 yd line, but then saw that the spot was "closer to the 2" so he went for the FG! This shows a total lack of cajones, a total lack of confidence in your offense, and a total lack of leadership. The FG didn't put us ahead or even tie the game. Even if we went for it and didn't make it we would have them pinned deep.

This guy is the worst coach I've ever seen.

BuffaloRanger
11-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Listening to it on the radio both Van and Murph were saying "OK, I understand them taking another TO, they want to make sure they have the right call for this TD try. They have to go for it, it's the right call."

Then when the kicking team came out, they were struggling for the words to defend it.

They must have said "that's unbelievably bad" about 10 times during the game. Some of the play calls, some of Bledsoe's throws, the penalties, etc" They definately were not blindly supporting the Bills.

Van even made a point to mention "see that you run the ball on 3 and 2 and it goes for 64 yards, it's not that complicated" about 3 times