Wow.. espn insider is already calling it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Wow.. espn insider is already calling it..

Should Drew Bledsoe continue to perform like an average quarterback, the Bills will search for a replacement.

"Brunell won't be a Jaguar next year, and although he's far from a savior, he is a capable passer. Over his last 51 starts he hasn't fared much better than Bledsoe in wins and losses (20-31), but his passer rating over that span is considerably better (84.4). Not only would Brunell provide veteran leadership, but his mobility would help a line that hasn't always been the quarterback's biggest ally.

Plus, he'll be 34 next year so he won't get a big contract. He can likely be had for a moderate figure that can increase if he meets certain incentives. Of course, Bledsoe still can save his career in Buffalo. There are seven games left, and if he can regroup and lead them to the playoffs, he may be able to land a big contract."

the rest of the article just talks about how bad bledsoe has actually been over his last 51 games (20-31) and how his passer ratiing is a meger 75.00 over that time.

very interesting, doctor jones.

ditch drew.. bring in brunell for a year or two.. hell, look at what gannon did at age 34.. he was dominant for several years afterwards.. the best he had been actually... draft a kid like rivers, van pelt, or the like and let them learn for a year or two.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

I think John Kitna is a FA next year too. I'm not sure if the Bengals plan on bring Palmer in next year or not.

Kitna would be a good fit too. Sign him for a couple years and draft a rookie QB. He's a true professional and has treated the Palmer situation with class.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

pass on kitna.. thanks.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
        • Aug 2003

I wonder if WYS likes Brunell? Or will we see novels written about how Brunell sucks so much.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1659284

"Brunell won't be a Jaguar next year, and although he's far from a savior, he is a capable passer. Over his last 51 starts he hasn't fared much better than Bledsoe in wins and losses (20-31), but his passer rating over that span is considerably better (84.4). Not only would Brunell provide veteran leadership, but his mobility would help a line that hasn't always been the quarterback's biggest ally.

Plus, he'll be 34 next year so he won't get a big contract. He can likely be had for a moderate figure that can increase if he meets certain incentives. Of course, Bledsoe still can save his career in Buffalo. There are seven games left, and if he can regroup and lead them to the playoffs, he may be able to land a big contract."

the rest of the article just talks about how bad bledsoe has actually been over his last 51 games (20-31) and how his passer ratiing is a meger 75.00 over that time.

very interesting, doctor jones.

ditch drew.. bring in brunell for a year or two.. hell, look at what gannon did at age 34.. he was dominant for several years afterwards.. the best he had been actually... draft a kid like rivers, van pelt, or the like and let them learn for a year or two.
          Prediction: Brunell follows Coughlin...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Rivers put in work against FSU, If TA Mclendon doesn't get hurt and they win his name would come up in heisman talk. ACC COUNTRY

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Winfield_26
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Dont draft Phillip Rivers unless you wanna a career backup!!
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                • Jul 2002

I never thought Drew could look this bad. Like someone else said, it's an insult to the deer. With Rob I could cut him some slack with youth, lack of playing time. With Drew, even if the system isn't suited for him, he just can't stand there and be sacked and fumble.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Just one question: When has ESPN Insider EVER been right???

I'v had it once, because i love reading rumors from all the sports, but it got dumb after a while when EVERY rumour never turned true. So, has anyone ever seen ESPN Insider being right about anything??
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Winfield_26
                    Dont draft Phillip Rivers unless you wanna a career backup!!

man.. you NEVER know.. you just dont.. the guy could be a stud or a bust.. just like manning or leaf.. all i know is he finds ways to win.. he is pretty moble and he is a leader with a lot of heart... the big knock on him is arm strength.. the same knock on pennington.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I think Tim Rattay is a FA next year- been looking good the last 6 quarters fir San Fran

Comment

• madness23
                        • Apr 2003

How can you blame Drew for our offensive woes when it's clearly Gilbride's system. First of all, you need a mobile quarterback for the run and shoot incase it breaks down. Second, you have to read for the safety valve because it depends on how the defense reacts. What made Drew so succesful in NE was because there was always a definite one and he knew right where it was.
                        Not to mention WR routes change on the fly in this offense.

This is not an easy offense for any quarterback.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

Bledsoe lack of desicion making is one of his problems.. He hasnt showed when given the time to throw that he can fling even a simple out pattern like he did last year.. He looks for one WR and thats Moulds, when Moulds is out he sometimes seems clueless.. At the Texans game I saw Josh Reed wide open in the endzone and he didnt look his way, he was rolling the opposite way but the throw could have been made.. TH was open a couple times to dump the ball off to and Drew missed him..

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            I think Tim Rattay is a FA next year- been looking good the last 6 quarters fir San Fran
                            while that is fine and dandy.. he has shown to be a west coast offense qb.. and san fran always seems to have another good qb on the bench.. BUT.. i really would like to have a qb with some mobility personally.

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                              • Mar 2003

Hey its me.

Read back to my slash and burn method to fix the Bills.

You guys could be so good its not even funny.

Brunell would be perfect on this team. Just perfect. Make this a power I team with Brunell in to get 3rd downs and you guys would be fine.
                              I'm lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X