PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Heisman Hopes

juice
11-17-2003, 08:30 PM
If TA Mclendon doesn't get hurt NC State would probably beat FSU and allowed them to determine their own destiny by winning out and at least tying for the ACC confer. title. River's was put on center stage and nearly pulled it out. Over 400 yds. passing and something like 25 for 32 completion/attempts Does his performance put him into serious Heisman contention and would the Bills go after another non-mobile QB? Reguardless of what you think about Bledsoe's abilty and future the Bills need someone to bring along in the "FARM SYSTEM". ACC COUNTRY

Demon
11-17-2003, 08:37 PM
I'd preder Eli Manning.

juice
11-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I'd preder Eli Manning.
Why, name recognition? Is he a Gamebreaker or a Greise, Rivers comes to play each week.

The Spaz
11-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by juice

Why, name recognition? Is he a Gamebreaker or a Greise, Rivers comes to play each week.

Exactly. It's all a name game to a lot of people.:jj:

juice
11-17-2003, 11:02 PM
If you go after a "Glammer Boy" you have to deal with expectations, commparisons, and egos. Rivers has been productive throughout his career and would maybe age like fine wine if plugged into the right system.

elltrain22
11-17-2003, 11:53 PM
If NC State would've won that game vs. FSU then we maybe would have seen Rivers get the Heisman. Does Rivers deserve the heisman? Damn strait he does. He has thrown for nearly 4000 yds, has thrown for 29 tds and only 6 picks, and he always makes the big play. Unfortunately, Rivers plays for a very porous defense, which gives up way too many scores, and consequently looses the ball game for State everytime. So to reitterate, Rivers does deserve the hardware, but I think Jason White or Eli Manning will bring home the hardware. White b/c he plays on an awesome OU team, and Manning b/c of his last name & some nice stats ( but not better than Rivers ).

Wouldn't he look good in Bills unie????

don137
11-18-2003, 05:25 AM
Rivers? That's all we need is a tall, strong arm, slow and immobile quarterback...Maybe he'll choose #11..He reminds me of Bledsoe too much. No thanks.

NC-BILLS44
11-18-2003, 08:06 AM
He's more mobile that you think. Certainly not a statue like Bledsoe, plus he can through on the run.

juice
11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Bledsoe Might deserve a season under a true OC and gameplanner, one who can make a pass and run game co-exist. He threw for alot of yards last season before the offense became as predictable as a highschool option "O". Rivers might fit in as an understudy and he's sliding into the draft under the radar, maybe a second round pick.

SoCalBillsFan
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
I think manning is GREAT quarterback, maybe even better than Rivers. He has done extermely well in a, SEC conference that is the best conference in college football this year. Don't think he's "just another manning," becauses he's the real deal.

DraftBoy
11-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by don137
Rivers? That's all we need is a tall, strong arm, slow and immobile quarterback...Maybe he'll choose #11..He reminds me of Bledsoe too much. No thanks.

Well you see your wrong there, b.c this is a tall, mobile, avg arm QB with mechanics problems, which immediately puts a big X next to his name.

juice
11-19-2003, 05:47 AM
25-30 with over 400 yds against a tough FSU defense, I'd say he has an above ave arm. QB's with mechanics problems include Brett Farve and Marino.