• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Drew is staying. Ralph said so.

According to article in Rochester D&C Wilson made it clear he won’t be seeking a new quarterback.

Wilson indicated Bledsoe, 31 and one season removed from his fourth Pro Bowl, doesn’t have to convince him he’s still his quarterback of the future.

“Definitely, definitely,” Wilson said when asked whether Bledsoe is his man. “I think he’s one heckuva a quarterback, I really do. It’s other areas that need help, a better line, receivers who can get open — and catch.

“I know somebody has to take the blame, but I wouldn’t put it all on Drew. He’s got a great arm and with more time, you know (he’d do better).”
    Several linemen and WRs have been given notice that they are gone next year and their performance until end of year will probably determine who.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

oh, jesus ***** christ...

well, there goes our best hope...

how ridiculous.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Billsbabee

I can live with Drew staying, as long as the Oline gets serious improvement and Gilbride and Man Boobs gets the boot.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Billsbabee
        I can live with Drew staying, as long as the Oline gets serious improvement and Gilbride and Man Boobs gets the boot.
        Exactly! Well Said. This is my exact thinking. I like Drew and as it has been stated over and over and over and over and over, he will flourish with the correct system.
        He is not this bad... he just needs more than a half second to get rid of the ****ing ball.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

give him a chance with a decent HC/OC.

If Ingtar says Drew is good enough, that's good for me. We have to start playing to his strengths.

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

The I cant stand is he is making it sound like the only reason were doing so bad is because of the players . he really should look at his coaching staff first before making cuts, but on another thought getting rid of a couple of O-Lineman would not hurt but the only one that needs to go is pucillo and tegue well maybe not go but definitly moved from center. and recievers I think are recievers are fine but we are not set up for a pass happy system right now and we dont need one what we have is more than sufficient but KG just wont get his head out of his a$$ to see that if we run the ball on third and short more often we would be in the end zone alot more.

Comment

• JayWood
              The Professor
              • Jul 2002

Granted Drew has not had the season we thought he would have, but my god you put a good QB like him with a terrible OL, WR that seem to not be able to cathc the damn ball, take away Eric Moulds since he has been hurt, not use your FB the correct way (lets use him as a WR smart move), never use the one target that Drew has alwasy loved, his TE....and add to that the two biggest horses a$$ that have ever coached GW and KG and of course you are gonna have a terrible season. Right now with the right coaches and the right system Drew will do fine, iam not ready to throw in the towel on Drew yet, maybe other individuals, but not drew.
              When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JayWood
                Granted Drew has not had the season we thought he would have, but my god you put a good QB like him with a terrible OL, WR that seem to not be able to cathc the damn ball, take away Eric Moulds since he has been hurt, not use your FB the correct way (lets use him as a WR smart move), never use the one target that Drew has alwasy loved, his TE....and add to that the two biggest horses a$$ that have ever coached GW and KG and of course you are gonna have a terrible season. Right now with the right coaches and the right system Drew will do fine, iam not ready to throw in the towel on Drew yet, maybe other individuals, but not drew.
                I will give you our WR have not been the greatest this year and our OL has absolutly sucks for pass protection. The biggest fault is coaching again FB not being used in the right way throwing the ball on third and short thats coaching. get and HC and OC and see what happens as I mentioned are pass protection sucks but we must be doing something right in our running game so why isn't KG calling more run plays to set up the play action to then set up the big play down field.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

have all you guys really looked at his career over the last 4 or so years.. hell.. have you ever looked at his whole career? passer rating in the 70s...

have any of you paid ANY ATTENTION to the last 17 games? are you going to blame his whole career of underperforming against good teams and folding like a tent under any pressure from a blitz all on the "offensive scheme"???

he has played under tons of offensive schemes.. and has never been a peyton manning type passer.. he throws for tons of yards and doesnt get the ball in the endzone.. and he will throw pick after pick sprinkled with some fumbles... he has not changed TEN YEARS into his career, why would you think that he is going to change now because he has to learn a new system?

jesus... wys seems more right then ever at this moment.. i am disgusted by the thought of drew being our qb for one more disappointing year... you guys all act like you havent seen what is just hitting us in the face.. horrible qb play for 2 years... he has not been one bit better than rob johnson imho.

you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

and what is better yet is that we are going to have to spend an ASS LOAD on his contract renewal... awesome..

i feel sick.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Well there was talk about Drew needed to renegotiate on contract. Maybe he will refuse. If GW & company stay though I am not bothering to go to games.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                      • Sep 2003

I guess someone had to take Wys' place

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
                        I guess someone had to take Wys' place
                        look... i tried.. i tried my damndest to believe in drew when he got here. i looked at all the number and how pathetic drews meaningful stats have always been, and i wanted drew to do so well.. i still do.. but i am convinced that he is just not a good qb.

i have watched him give away 2 games this season.. dallas and texas.. both on his absolutely horrible turnovers.. i dont care about the o line.. i dont care about if they are blitzing.. he put the ball on the tuff when it counted.. and this is not a new thing.. he also blew the KC game for us last year.. which essentially cost us the playoffs.. because he just HAD to chuck the ball deep with 4 minutes left to try and get the big pretty td to price.. instead of just moving the ball down the field with short passes and eating up the clock and winning with a field goal..

i am just sick to death of it..

we know what we have in bledsoe.. and it is not much at this point.. i am tired of the "hey, lets get him another OC and a bunch of good players around him, and he will be great".. GUESS WHAT.. if you surround just about ANY qb in the nfl will quality players and a good OC he will do well!!!!!

do you think it is just coincidence that brady has flourished in NE, while drew failed there..

i dont know.. i am just fed up with losing and not scoring any points.. drews numbers are embarassing, and i have watched him stand in the pocket like a statue for long enough..

give me some young blood.. a guy that can move.. a guy that is not set in his ways of holding the ball for hours in the pocket, only to look surprised when he gets raped from behind by a DE.

Comment

• doug45
                          • Jul 2002

Re: Drew is staying. Ralph said so.

Originally posted by G. Host
                          According to article in Rochester D&C Wilson made it clear he won’t be seeking a new quarterback.
                          Thank God I did not renew my seasons tickets. I can watch at home on the big screen for free and turn it off when I start to go crazy.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

look... i tried.. i tried my damndest to believe in drew when he got here. i looked at all the number and how pathetic drews meaningful stats have always been, and i wanted drew to do so well.. i still do.. but i am convinced that he is just not a good qb.

i have watched him give away 2 games this season.. dallas and texas.. both on his absolutely horrible turnovers.. i dont care about the o line.. i dont care about if they are blitzing.. he put the ball on the tuff when it counted.. and this is not a new thing.. he also blew the KC game for us last year.. which essentially cost us the playoffs.. because he just HAD to chuck the ball deep with 4 minutes left to try and get the big pretty td to price.. instead of just moving the ball down the field with short passes and eating up the clock and winning with a field goal..

i am just sick to death of it..

we know what we have in bledsoe.. and it is not much at this point.. i am tired of the "hey, lets get him another OC and a bunch of good players around him, and he will be great".. GUESS WHAT.. if you surround just about ANY qb in the nfl will quality players and a good OC he will do well!!!!!

do you think it is just coincidence that brady has flourished in NE, while drew failed there..

i dont know.. i am just fed up with losing and not scoring any points.. drews numbers are embarassing, and i have watched him stand in the pocket like a statue for long enough..

give me some young blood.. a guy that can move.. a guy that is not set in his ways of holding the ball for hours in the pocket, only to look surprised when he gets raped from behind by a DE.
                            That's cool. I understand your opinion & apologize for the Wys comment. Just please don't force it down our throats like he tried to. :)

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                              Well there was talk about Drew needed to renegotiate on contract.

Exactly! I don't want to but I guess I can live with Drew if he re-negotiates that 7 million dollar bonus he is due next Nov. If they pay him that I am going to be very upset. With a new system where running the ball is the priority.he may be ok. Maybe being the key. I still would rather bring in Brunell.

Comment

Working...
                              X