PDA

View Full Version : Doug Gilmour - "If you're at the Saddledome, could you please pick up my knee ?"

Ð
11-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately, that ill-fated shift on March 13 may have been Gilmour's last in the NHL. An accidental collision with Dave Lowry of the Calgary Flames left Gilmour with torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee and has clouded his future.

While Gilmour feels it is too early to determine whether he will attempt a comeback in the new year, he holds no ill will towards Lowry

Story (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2003/11/18/260912.html)

JD
11-18-2003, 09:47 AM
He deserved it. Remember he went after one of our players legs, AFTER THE WHISTLE, like 2 freakin minutes after it!

He charged at our guy who was looking other way, bent down, taking out his knee.

So, **** him!

:angel2:

I the end I
11-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
He deserved it. Remember he went after one of our players legs, AFTER THE WHISTLE, like 2 freakin minutes after it!

He charged at our guy who was looking other way, bent down, taking out his knee.

So, **** him!

:angel2:

He went after Varada.

fushetti
11-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by I the end I

He went after Varada.

Varada kneed the montreal goalie (Hackett I think) in the head knocking him out. i was at the game. Plus a week earlier in Montreal, Buffalo (maybe Varada again) took out Jose Theodore for a few weeks.

JD
11-19-2003, 05:12 PM
NOOOOO HE DID NOT HIT HIM IN THE HEAD I REMEMBER EXACTLY NOW

The goalie came all the way out to cover up the puck or clear it, varada went down before hitting the goalie, getting him in the back, not the head.

fushetti
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
JD, he kneed him in the head. I was there. I saw it with my own eyes.

JD
11-19-2003, 09:00 PM
OHHHHH YOUR RIGHT

DAMN I HAVE SHORT TERM MEMORY!

AFTER HE HIT HIM IN THE HEAD THE GOALIE SPUN AND HIS HELMET WAS KNOCKED OFF RIGHT?

fushetti
11-20-2003, 09:05 AM
you got it....CAPS hehe.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2003, 06:07 AM
gilmour is better off hanging up the skates.i hear he owns a greasy spoon called a restaurant.he could save a few bucks on a dishwasher.

Ð
11-21-2003, 07:49 AM
He owns a bunch of them. When I lived in London, Ontario, we used to go to Gilmours sports bar because the beer was cheap, they had a million screens and kids meals were free every night of the week.