PDA

View Full Version : Martz shoots down conspiracy talk

Gunzlingr
11-18-2003, 09:39 AM
When it comes to sports controversies, this town loves conspiracy theories. And in the aftermath of Sunday's near-hook for quarterback Marc Bulger, conspiracy theories abounded on talk radio, Internet forums, and water cooler discussions.

Among them:

Kurt Warner didn't want to go in Sunday in Chicago because he wants to be traded.

Warner didn't want to go in because if the playoff-contending Rams lost to the Bears with Bulger running the offense, coach Mike Martz would have no recourse but to bench Bulger and start Warner this week in Arizona.

more (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Rams/0F431132FDE17DEC86256DE2001B9E40?OpenDocument&Headline=Martz+shoots+down+conspiracy+talk)

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 09:42 AM
I love Kurt- he would have sunk my FFL undefeated season if he didn't do the classy thing and tell Martz to give the kid a chance. His wife might be a whack-job, and his finger bones made of china, but as a man, he's a top notch individual:up:

Gunzlingr
11-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I love Kurt- he would have sunk my FFL undefeated season if he didn't do the classy thing and tell Martz to give the kid a chance. His wife might be a whack-job, and his finger bones made of china, but as a man, he's a top notch individual:up:

I agree that as a person he is top-notch. As a player tho, I think that he is a product of the system he is in. Rams Fan may disagree, but I think that Warner would have failed if he hadn't been in the system Vermeil had in place in St.Louis.

RAMS FAN
11-19-2003, 09:09 PM
I agree he is a top notch player. But the way he throws goes back to when he was in the arena football league. Vermeil is a good coach, Kurt had alot of that when he got there. I still say Kurt Warner is the best QB between him and Bulger.