PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Ruff

chubluv
11-18-2003, 10:42 AM
So whats Lindy Ruff doing with our goalies is he playing the hot hand or is he rotating every game ? He strated off by playing the hot hand now it seems hes rotating every game .... whats up wit dat ?????

Myers57
11-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Nah, the hot hand seems to fade quickly whenever a goalie has a bad game, it tends to look like he is rotating them. I can assure you that Biron will be playing against New Jersey...

fushetti
11-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Noronen will be in the nets.. he's rotating them

Twistmyarm
11-18-2003, 04:13 PM
we need to rotate a couple of them out of buffalo!

Deal off Biron and Norrenon, get a proven vetran (like Cujo) bring Miller back up and let him learn the ropes from a vetran, he's the future of this club IMHO and who's going to teach him how to be a starting proven goalie? Biron? Norrenon? Nope!

SkateZilla
11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Noronen will be in the nets.. he's rotating them

True, We Need to Train Miller With a Vet.
AHL STATS AS OF TODAY

Miller, Ryan
GP-11
TOI-673:54
WIN-5
LOSS-3
TIE-3
SHUTOUTS-2
Goals Allowed-14
Goals Againsts Avergage-1.25
Saves-306
SAve % - .956

JD
11-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Its more like this,

Biron has a bad game, Noronen is next.
Noronen has a bad game, goes back to Biron.

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

Deal off Biron and Norrenon, get a proven vetran (like Cujo) bring Miller back up and let him learn the ropes from a vetran, he's the future of this club IMHO and who's going to teach him how to be a starting proven goalie? Biron? Norrenon? Nope!

I still can't figure out this obsesson with Cujo

He cost twice as much and will be playing hockey for a year or two tops.

Plus- he sucks. What has he done this season that Biron hasn't?

fushetti
11-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

Have the sabres goaltenders been that bad with the exception of a few games (Atlanta comes to mind) ?

Ruff has been rotating goalies the last few games and I think its worked out well. Both Noronen and Biron have played very well dating back to the first Montreal game 2 fridays ago.

I have WAYYYY more confidence in Noronen since he came up from Rochester at the end of last season. Biron has played lights out this year except for his brainfart against Atlanta.

Push has to come to shove in the Buffalo nets. Either Mika, Marty, or Ryan is going to get dealt. It looks like its gonna be one of the two guys that are up here...or possibly both if Miller is the goaltender of the future. Rotating the goalies...keeping them both active both mentally and physically to play, and keeping Miller in Rochester for the time being is the Sabres orgainization's best option.

Finally, as dozer alluded...curb the Joseph talk, he isn't coming here. Rob Ray scored on him in the conference finals for chrissakes.

Twistmyarm
11-18-2003, 08:24 PM
I said LIKE Cujo! I know the rumor has nothing behind it, my point was that I would love to see a proven vetran come into Buffalo, someone to mold Miller from an AHL great goalie to an NHL great goalie, and I don't think that anyone we have here can do it! I just don't want to see another great prospect get lost in the system like so many Sabres players that have been touted as "this is the one"

and the other thing I have said time and time again is we need at least one vetran "D" in the organization to help out with our blue line, the goalies are secondary if we can't stop the attack!

SkateZilla
11-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Atlanta was all REFs not Biron..

hurls
11-19-2003, 02:01 AM
our goalies are fine, as long as we can score 4 a game, which we can't. Their GPA really isn't bad, it's the offensive slumps we go into that kill us.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2003, 06:47 AM
He'll go with Biron.

pyrrhonist
11-19-2003, 09:47 AM
I only remember the real "bad" game in net being the Biron performance against the Thrash. Other than that, it's been leaving forward unchecked in front of the net, or allowing wingers to skate by in our zone. Most of the blame has fallen on our defense, IMO. Plus, the lack of offense in a few games hasn't helped. Most of us can remember games where Dom would only allow 1 or 2 goals, and still lose, right?

Bringing in an overpriced goalie like Cujo isn't the answer.

fushetti
11-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
Atlanta was all REFs not Biron..

Skate, your posts baffle me more and more as time goes on.

Ebenezer
11-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Take a look at the stats...Biron on the Road. Mika at home.

SkateZilla
11-19-2003, 12:44 PM
and Miller on I-95 :)

JD
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
:lol: