PDA

View Full Version : Something isn't right here...

Ickybaluky
11-18-2003, 10:58 AM
In games this season where Travis Henry has rushed for a 100 yards or more individually, the Bills are 1-2.

In games this season where the Bills rushed for 100 yards or more as a team, they are 2-3.

Wouldn't you think that rushing success would equate to victory?

BillsFever
11-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Not when you can't complete a pass and the QB gives away points every game from turning the ball over.

Ebenezer
11-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Not when you have a coaching staff that tries to outthink the likes of Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil and tries to trick them with gadget plays.

kirikong
11-18-2003, 11:23 AM
I think that the victories is on the L.O.S., like taught myself the mine first coach, who wins on the line of screemage war wins the game! the remainder am alone ****!!!

caveboy
11-18-2003, 03:43 PM
It used to be almost automatic when Thurman was here. If he got over 100 yards, Bills won. But now that's the case. Those yards IMO are only successful if they translate into points. If teams knew, sorry, know, we can't score, I'd think they'd even give up 200 yards rushing.

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Not when you have a coaching staff that tries to outthink the likes of Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil and tries to trick them with gadget plays.

I guess they figure that, if they can outwit themselves, they must REALLY fooling Parcells, etc. That is, Parcells would say to himself "NOBODY can be THIS stupid! Can they?"

The_Philster
11-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I guess they figure that, if they can outwit themselves, they must REALLY fooling Parcells, etc. That is, Parcells would say to himself "NOBODY can be THIS stupid! Can they?"

Guess they fooled him, huh? ;)

Pride
11-19-2003, 07:45 AM
I will say this... when Thenry gets 30 carries... only about 10 are actually worthwhile carries.

Think I am crazy? Think of it this way.

When the bills utilize Henry... sure he gets the yards, but they use him in a way that isnt doing the TEAM any good.

For instance... Henry will run on first down, and gain 6. We, of course, pass on second down. Then on 3rd and 4, Gilbride panics and passes again. Drive done.

Once in a while, 3rd and 4 will be completed, and we will have another first down. Run THenry again, then resort to passing.

Hell, 58 outta 58 times passing on 3rd and 2 further illustrates this fact. Henry gets his yards, but they are meaningless yards when we pass on 2nd and 3rd down rather than run him 3 straight times.

3.4 yards a carry X 3 carries = 1st down.

Gilbride only believes that 26 yards a reception X 1 pass is the only way to get a 1st down.