PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn?

rob040604
11-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Bucs Deactivate Keyshawn
The Tampa Buccaneers will deactivate wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson for the rest of the season, reports ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. Losers of three straight games, the defending champions are 4-6 and in danger of missing the playoffs

northernbillfan
11-18-2003, 12:56 PM
News that doesn't have an impact on the Bills belongs here.

Michael82
11-18-2003, 12:58 PM
:lol:

SUCKS to be MeShawn! :snicker:

fabolouspaul
11-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Lets just hope he dosent land in the AFC EAST next year!

LtBillsFan66
11-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
News that doesn't have an impact on the Bills belongs here.

Aw come on! It's about football.

All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How can they throw me the damn ball now? HAHAHAHAHAHA

BillsFever
11-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Now it will be "Throw me the damn remote control"

Michael82
11-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Aw come on! It's about football.

All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How can they throw me the damn ball now? HAHAHAHAHAHA

He's still getting SHOWN THE MONEY! :shakeno:

Michael82
11-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Now it will be "Throw me the damn remote control"

:lol: Or Throw me the phone to call Bill Parcells. :snicker:

Parcells would eat him alive! :lol:

Michael82
11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Well, it's time to drop him in all my leagues. :mad:

Ebenezer
11-18-2003, 04:09 PM
OK, I'll ask....why deactivate one of your starting WRs?

Devin
11-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Reported today hes been deactivated for remainder of season, and will be released after this season.

Thoughts?

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 04:35 PM
NOT EVEN IF SOMEONE SAID "NO BALLS!"

That's just in case someone even THINKS we should make him an offer!

DraftBoy
11-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Sign him

BillsFever
11-18-2003, 04:39 PM
I'll pass on Keyshawn.

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Sign him

Sure. Then we can find out what Rison is doing, too! Just what this team needs...one more idiot!

STAMPY
11-18-2003, 05:01 PM
grab key!!! he has the tools a change in scenery will help, he did well in ny

DraftBoy
11-18-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Sure. Then we can find out what Rison is doing, too! Just what this team needs...one more idiot!

Cant be a bigger idiot then some of the posts I see here. Why would you not want a former Pro-Bowl receiver who just wants to win? A guy who plays with his heart and does not become adistraction. He gives 100% every game. Id love to get him.

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 05:08 PM
He's been a distraction since the day he was drafted. Buffalo has enough problems to deal with; without bringing a "me first" guy like MEshawn.

STAMPY
11-18-2003, 05:12 PM
key is not a finesse receiver. if u watch him play hes not afraid to go down the middle to make a grab like mr randy moss

DraftBoy
11-18-2003, 05:14 PM
How has he been a distraction by asking for the ball, and wanting to have the team on his shoulders? We need somebody to come in who will come in and make some damn noise. Nobody else on this team has the balls to say anything to Man Boobs, or Gilbride. Why not bring in a compliment to Moulds.

Moulds, Johnson, Reed, Shaw. Sounds damn formitable to me. Then Blewsoe cant blame his receivers.

Gunzlingr
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
OK, I'll ask....why deactivate one of your starting WRs?

That was my first thought also. Why?? Make him earn his keep!

saviorbledsoe
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
watch us pick him up?????????????????????? ralph said we need wrs?????????????

hmmmmmmm????

not that i want him.

Ebenezer
11-18-2003, 05:25 PM
I would take him...in a minute.

saviorbledsoe
11-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I would take him...in a minute.

if we had a demanding coach who could keep his mouth closed....and if we had keyshawn money i sure as hell would love to have price back instead.

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Keyshawn can't be cut- his massive contract would impliment a 7 million cap hit.

Thus they will hold off until they can spread it out. They may also try to trade him for a late round pick.

They unloaded him because he has become a distraction and a detriment to the team. He began blowing off team activities and not being a team player. Good riddance.

The Spaz
11-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah he's so good that the team released him and there 4-6.

STAMPY
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
lets be honest reed isn't a good number 2, we are missing peerless, this is perfect for us, we didn't get jj stokes or kevin johnson... keys better then both, hes better then price ever was

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Cant be a bigger idiot then some of the posts I see here. Why would you not want a former Pro-Bowl receiver who just wants to win? A guy who plays with his heart and does not become adistraction. He gives 100% every game. Id love to get him.

He Just wants to win? How can a guy be so sour toward a coaching staff and game plan that won him aSuper Bowl is beyond me.

They win a SUPER BOWL and all he's worried about is getting the ball. If he was so into winning- why isn't he yelling "Give Mike Alstott the damn Ball!!"

He's in it for himself and himself only

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
BTW- Merged the two Keshawn threads

BAM
11-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I'd rather not get Sheshawn. She is a little too cocky for me.. remember that mic'd up a few weeks back?

:shakeno:

Mad Bomber
11-18-2003, 06:30 PM
How has he been a distraction by asking for the ball, and wanting to have the team on his shoulders?

This guy is POISON. He wants the team on his shoulders. When Testaverde went down a couple of years ago, all he could think about was that "I lost my quarterback!. I live in the NYC area, and have seen that this guy only thinks of one person...himself!

If he were to come to Buffalo, he'd be pissed because Drew only focuses on that #80 guy (whatever the hell his name is).

What has this guy ever done? He has a SuperBowl ring. So does Rob Johnson! What has he done to CONTRIBUTE to it? NADA!

I for one do NOT want to see us even
THINK of getting a me-first, mediochre, high-priced, 8 yd possession catch, less than 10 TD per year, locker room poison (remember Ronnie Harmon?), salary-cap endangering, receiver.

The only differences between MeShawn and Bobby Shaw are that:
1) MeShawn is taller
2) MeShawn is more expensive

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 06:33 PM
awesome post, mad bomber!!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/billscards/1966lamonica.JPG

Devin
11-18-2003, 06:38 PM
right..........so I sense a little............ oh I dont know animosity towards Key?

Guessing the answer to my post is about 60 - 40% against.

To be honest I think a season or two couldnt hurt....not like it will prevent us from winning,we do that now.

helmetguy
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
I saw his interview with Dan Patrick on SportCenter. With him, it's "the media" putting words in his mouth. "I know what I meant, and it wasn't what I said." Aside from being a possession-type receiver (where we REALLY need a deep threat-provided KG is canned, of course), he'd cost WAY too much to bring in. The amount of distraction he would bring to ANY team is inversely proportional to any value he might have as a player.

SoCalBillsFan
11-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Keyshawn is the ultimate number 2 receiver. Unfortunately he thinks he is the ultimate reciever-period. It's because of that attitude that I would never want him on this team.

BuffaloRanger
11-18-2003, 08:48 PM
If he is a distraction on TB how can people say he'd be a great addition to the Bills?

No, there's better and cheaper out there.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
awesome post, mad bomber!!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/billscards/1966lamonica.JPG

Thanks, dozer.....DAMN! I'm pissed that I didn't have a chance to catch you at the
Texans game the other day....I had my son with me.....he loves your avatar, but you come a VERY VERY VERY VERY second to the Philster's Jills sig pics...!:D

Glad you made the long trip home safely....I know......6 hours is tough!

(BTW...where did you find that awesome pic of Lamonica?)

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Thanks, dozer.....DAMN! I'm pissed that I didn't have a chance to catch you at the
Texans game the other day....I had my son with me.....he loves your avatar, but you come a VERY VERY VERY VERY second to the Philster's Jills sig pics...!:D

Glad you made the long trip home safely....I know......6 hours is tough!

(BTW...where did you find that awesome pic of Lamonica?)

Sorry i missed you too...

BillsZone Pic Gallery (http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=lamonica)

Check out the Zone's picture Gallery- e have thousands of Bills images on file- plus over 500 old Bills cards.

Just ckick "search" and then a keyword for easy retreival of your favorite players,

Mad Bomber
11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Man, this sucks....
I found The Plilster, Helmet Guy, Sabre Ally (hope she managed to stay out of jail), Mike322864549495479734932 at the Red Pinto.

Then, the ketchup started to fly......we all scattered, and I couldn't find them. I'm pissed because they said that you, Eb and Clump all showed up "at the car".....wherever the hell that is!!!

Oh well, my son told me (regarding the Bills fans he met while tailgating)...."these are the nicest people in the world...let's do this next year".

Done deal.....

Tatonka
11-18-2003, 10:12 PM
How has he been a distraction by asking for the ball, and wanting to have the team on his shoulders?

lets just not talk about how he talked **** about his own team mates in his book ... calling chrebet "the flashlight"... he is a POS... i ****** hate that guy... yelling at coaches and telling them that you would rather retire than play for them again for another year during the season.. real TEAM guy.. that is what he did to gruden and that is why his ass is on the bench for the season.

Tatonka
11-18-2003, 10:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1265

look at the guys numbers.. he is very average.. always has been.. but he thinks he is better than harrison.. the difference between the two is harrison does his talking with his actions on the field and keyshawn does his talking into a microphone while watching the real studs play.

it was SO classic to see meshawn talking all that **** about harrison on monday night football and then harrison burns them for two sweet tds and they lose in the final three minutes.

screw that bastard.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1265

look at the guys numbers.. he is very average.. always has been.. but he thinks he is better than harrison.. the difference between the two is harrison does his talking with his actions on the field and keyshawn does his talking into a microphone while watching the real studs play.

it was SO classic to see meshawn talking all that **** about harrison on monday night football and then harrison burns them for two sweet tds and they lose in the final three minutes.

screw that bastard.

C'mon, Tatonka, quiit pulling your punches...

tell us what you REALLY think!:D

Tatonka
11-18-2003, 11:01 PM
C'mon, Tatonka, quiit pulling your punches...

tell us what you REALLY think!:D

ok.. i dislike him. :D

DraftBoy
11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
This team could use anything to get some fire under our belly if it takes a coaching change, or a problamatic WR who has a big mouth but great skills, then so beat it. I love the way he talks back to the coach that shows that its obvious something wasnt working right and look at their record its 4-6. Something isnt working right there, or here for that matter. I dont know maybe Im letting his skills be put ahead in my mind over his attitude, but I also defended clements a year or so back when he started talking trash and alot guys got onto him about it, and i also like the way Shockey plays, but thats me and my opinion about the way football should be played, and I still say we should sign him.

eddiehaskill
11-19-2003, 12:12 AM
I'll tell you what. I could definitely see him going to Dallas with Parcells. He loves Parcells and a player like Keyshawn just seems to fit in Dallas. He's like a Michael Irvin minus the public drug charges. Parcells would whip his ass in line. you can guarentee that. I am VERY VERY surprised the two got along

The Spaz
11-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Keysahwan has great skills...please!?

helmetguy
11-19-2003, 01:15 AM
So, you're saying, W26, that we should sign a guy who disrespects his coach, is concerned about getting his own "props," and believes he's above the team? Tampa Bay would be 4-6 without him, so he's really a non-entity down there; as Gruden demonstrated by deactivating him for the rest of the season. The only thing that wasn't working for Meshawn was that others were doing there job better than he was doing his. We really want a guy like that? BTW, if he played half as well as he trash talked, he'd be average...at best.

The_Philster
11-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Then, the ketchup started to fly......we all scattered, and I couldn't find them. I'm pissed because they said that you, Eb and Clump all showed up "at the car".....wherever the hell that is!!!

Oh well, my son told me (regarding the Bills fans he met while tailgating)...."these are the nicest people in the world...let's do this next year".

Done deal.....

We park directly opposite the Pinto. To find us, all you have to do is go straight across the lot from the Pinto to the guardrail. We're always parked right there. In the preseason, anyone looking for us usually gets guided over by the Pinto Guy himself.

RedEyE
11-19-2003, 04:15 AM
The Bills have there fair share of problems, but the very last thing that this team needs is a locker room cancer. Keyshawn has brought misery and despair to every coaching staff that he's worked under. For that reason alone, he is a distraction and not worth the money or the problems that he causes. Dungy had issues with him as well. Gruden's decision to bench him is a respectable one.

Historian
11-19-2003, 06:02 AM
He's a piece of crap....send him to the arena league.