PDA

View Full Version : Do the refs REALLY hate us???

Mad Bomber
11-18-2003, 09:49 PM
I was at the game on Sunday, and watched London Fletcher go non-linear when the ref announced that the penalty would be accepetd (I only wish that he would have flattened the ref).....

Why can the Pats "reverse" a call, but our defensive captain can't even make a call????

It really hurts when the part-time, have-no-clue-about-the-rules refs make a call that potentially (assuming our no-guts offense could have scored) cost a team a game! This happened several times a few years ago (hence my avatar)...

Should the NFL get REAL professionals to determine the outcome of games????

Dozerdog
11-18-2003, 09:55 PM
The Steelers wanted to reverse their choice on a penalty on MNF as well but were rebuked.

OpIv37
11-18-2003, 10:00 PM
The refs are just plain bad- it does seem that the Bills get more than their fair share of bad calls, but I'm not exactly an objective source.

The NFL does need to do SOMETHING about it though- there are too many close games that have been decided by blown calls over the last several years (for all teams, not just the Bills). Couple that with the completely worthless current incarnation of instant replay, and the officiating is generally a disaster.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2003, 01:24 AM
IF GW had any BALLS he would have called his team to the sideline and told the refs to eat **** until they allowed them to decline the penalty.

The game was over at that point. What did they have to lose?

What's funny was GW was worried about the clock continuing to run if he declined the penalty.

Either way, if you give them another 3rd down to run out the clock (because you wasted 2 time-outs in the red zone to kick a field goal) you still lose.

GW is pathetic.

Tex
11-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I am a member of a lot of NFL teams forums and this thread is on every single one of them. It's just that you watch your team all year and see every single bad call against your team. Refs make bad calls in every game against every team. You can not take away the human error from officiating. You can just hope that at the end of the year it evens out.

don137
11-19-2003, 06:45 AM
From what I understand Grier made the right call and the wrong call was made in the NE game. Your not aloowed to change your mind on a call. It wasn't that the officials were against the Bills as much as it was for the Patriots..Grier is one of the best in the league. Bledsoe's fumble under two minutes was a judgement call that you can't blame the call on the officials. What you can blame is the Bills for giving up four sacks o a team that had 8 sacks total all year...

The_Philster
11-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by don137
From what I understand Grier made the right call and the wrong call was made in the NE game. Your not aloowed to change your mind on a call. It wasn't that the officials were against the Bills as much as it was for the Patriots..Grier is one of the best in the league. Bledsoe's fumble under two minutes was a judgement call that you can't blame the call on the officials. What you can blame is the Bills for giving up four sacks o a team that had 8 sacks total all year...
:huh: the call being talked about was that Grier forced us to accept a penalty that London Fletcher, the only one allowed to accept or decline a penalty, clearly declined it.

Phins054
11-19-2003, 04:19 PM
To answer your question, in short...Yes. They hate all teams.

In all honesty tho...they do a good job and seem impartial. They screw up calls for everybody.:rolleyes:

Mad Bomber
11-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:huh: the call being talked about was that Grier forced us to accept a penalty that London Fletcher, the only one allowed to accept or decline a penalty, clearly declined it.

Yeah, Philster...that's what puzzled me. When the captain is jumping up and down yelling to decline the penalty, exactly who DID accept in the first place?

The_Philster
11-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I'm of the mindset that maybe a Texans player did...and was standing near a Bill and Johnny Grier wasn't paying attention.

Thailog80
11-20-2003, 08:10 PM
I never buy into the conspiracy stuff but sometimes you just gotta shake your head and say " I wonder"

Marino13Phins
11-20-2003, 08:24 PM
I wonder when that chicks boos are gonna fall outta that shirt