PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see from our coaches as the season progresses?

WG
10-02-2002, 12:41 PM
What are you looking for as our season continues on?

Offensively I'm looking for a continuance of the passing game being opened up to incorporate the TEs more. Both of them. Centers as well. I really think that would not only open up holes for the running game which is struggling, but that it would also put the icing on the cake as far as us being the indisputable #1 offense in the league this season.

If we can have Moulds, Price, and Reed coupled w/ dynamic and effective play from our TEs receiving wise, man, we'll be able to control any D. Teams would no longer be able to put any more than 4 men on the line and Henry would start running better IMO.

On D, I'd like to see us not play this ridiculous zone as much as we are, especially against teams that have good WRs like Denver. We need to put AW and NC on the best WRs usually.

The other the coaches can't control, but I'd like to see the DL keep improving. They're giving us hope that they can grow quickly and actually be an effective DL by season's end.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 12:52 PM
:biggrin:

Please let me know when you get the money otherwise I have to track it down from my end.

:bravo:

Agreed re: TEs being worked into the passing game more. I have been preaching that since the Home Opener and I loved the drive on Sunday that did just that.

Agreed that the above would help the running game. However, I am also looking for the OL to continue to jell (gell?) and to open up holes simply by surging and blocking. I expect us to run behind R. Brown -- our "Pro Bowler" -- now and switch to running behind Mike W. by the second half of the season. He is big and mobile and once he gets 8 games under his belt, let's use him properly.

Disagree that we have been playing zone on D. As I mentioned previously, I was at the Player's Tunnel on Sunday at 10:20 AM when Gray came in (why he did NOT sleep there the night before, I do NOT understand) and I asked him to stop blitzing so much. He responded whether we should play zone more. I responded, can't we play a little man to man with perhaps some zone thrown in. Thus, we have NOT been playing zone much this year until Sunday when we played more. I do NOT want to leave Watson all alone out there without support because we are blitzing or do not have our dime in. We do NOT need to hide Watson, but we need to help him when the other team tries to mismatch him against their best receiver.

Agreed that if our DL improves its pass rush, the above will NOT happen.

WG
10-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I guess my comments on the zone were primarily in response to what may have been a poor assumption that we would continue to play zone. You're probably right that we did that b/c Chicago does not have the best of WRs.

Well taken. In any event, I guess my main point is to ensure that Watson isn't on guys like Rod Smith. ;)

The only way that's possible is if we choose our matchups. Not the opposing offense by virtue of "picking their spots/coverage" in any zone that we would put up.

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
In any event, I guess my main point is to ensure that Watson isn't on guys like Rod Smith.

That's exactly what I want to see.

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 01:04 PM
I'd like to see Danny Smith run over with a steam roller.

I'd like to see GW work out a little more; tighten up a bit. Wouldn't hurt Gilbride either.

WG
10-02-2002, 01:08 PM
LOL

Bring Phillips and Maulk back and have them stand on Smith.

Post game penalties! If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will...

:D

WG
10-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Why oh why did we ever let DeHaven go!

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Why oh why did we ever let DeHaven go!

:deadhorse

...when....

oh, you were NOT asking a serious question.:girlsmil:

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 02:55 PM
You laugh, but under DeHaven, the Bills were always at the top in all special teams categories. Of course Tasker and Pike, et al had something to do with that as well....

Buffarama
10-02-2002, 09:37 PM
I'd like to see Jerry Gray win a game, for his own good, and my mental health.