PDA

View Full Version : Damn

northernbillfan
11-19-2003, 04:47 AM
I know the team has been miring in futility lately, and I don't want to take anything away from Travis Henry, but his 64 yard run this past Sunday, matched the longest at Ralph Wilson stadium since Kenneth Davis ran for 64 yards in '92. Henry's run was one of the first, and only times the Bill decided to run in the first half on third and short. AND LOOK AT THE RESULT!!!

Unfortunately, the staff failed to realize how important it is to run the ball in those situations. Who the hell is Drew to audibile a play when he sees the house stacked? Henry will get through and find a hole more often than not. Just give him the damn ball.

Sheesh, this isn't brain surgery. :nerd:

helmetguy
11-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Didn't GW babble something about audibling to "safe" passes when it looked like Houston was going to rush an extra guy? Yeah, Drew shouldn't have audibled, but I have to think that Houston was actually expecting a pass in those situations (since we ALWAYS pass in those situations!), and the extra guy that the offense hadn't accounted for was actually there to, at a minimum, show pass blitz; if not actually blitz. The trouble is, in the "Gilbride Method" audibles are either "FROM pass TO pass" or "FROM run TO pass." I may be wrong, but I have yet to see an audible called "FROM pass TO run."

Thoughts?

Halbert
11-19-2003, 07:30 PM
I think it's moot because it has all failed miserably and it's all going to change soon. I wonder if Gilbride will ever get another job as OC?

helmetguy
11-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
I think it's moot because it has all failed miserably and it's all going to change soon. I wonder if Gilbride will ever get another job as OC?

You're probably right on the first part; it is moot. We're stuck with the "Gilbride Method" until the end of the season. As far as getting another OC job? I'm betting he does, simply because he has enough cronies around the league who'll give him another shot. "One man's pain is another man's pleasure," I guess!

The_Philster
11-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
You're probably right on the first part; it is moot. We're stuck with the "Gilbride Method" until the end of the season. As far as getting another OC job? I'm betting he does, simply because he has enough cronies around the league who'll give him another shot. "One man's pain is another man's pleasure," I guess!

People will think, as some of us did, that his years in Jacksonville are the norm rather than what he did here.