PDA

View Full Version : Jevon Kearse

saviorbledsoe
11-19-2003, 06:18 AM
What are the chances we sign this guy this offseason? I am hearing that the Titans would have to lose a couple other players just to keep him.

I know he is injury prone but imagine the D with Schobel and Kearse on either side. We are talking 85 Bears!

Your thoughts please........

:news:

Dozerdog
11-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Sure- why not? I think the Titans will keep him though

Tatonka
11-19-2003, 07:43 AM
there is no way that the titans dont franchise him. even if it costs them cutting other players.

IHateTheDullphins
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
He'd probably tear his ACL answering the phone anyways. This guy is a walking injury.

E-Klips
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
there is no way that the titans dont franchise him. even if it costs them cutting other players.

You're probably right. Teams saw the difference between what Buffalo got for franchise tagging Peerless last year (a first round pick) as opposed to what Cincinnati got last year by putting the transitional tag on Spikes (nothing). I don't think they'll let Kearse go without compensation.

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
He'd probably tear his ACL answering the phone anyways. This guy is a walking injury.

He's not my first choice. I'd go after someone like Grant Wistrom, Eric Hicks, Bert Berry of Denver, or maybe even Ogunleye of Miami. Sure it would cost us (he's restricted at the end of the year), but look at what we'd get.

caveboy
11-19-2003, 10:28 AM
Even if we get him, that means our D now, (which holds teams to around 10 points per game or so), might even lower that number to around 6 or lower hopefully? What good is that if we can't even kick a field goal.

Ray Lewis said when they made their SB run a few years ago that all their O had to do was score two TD's because they would go out and hold teams under 10. That's all their D needed.

No way did I ever think Dilfer would end up looking better than Drew has, to the point we can't even drive the ball anymore.

Our special teams are ok, D is solid, (for the most part). O needs overhaul, whether it's the OC, head coach or QB. We shouldn't have to need a D so good that it keeps opponents under three just 'cuz our O can't score. That's bs.

Defense IMO should NOT be our prime focus during the off-season.

Wys was r - r- - i - g...

Naw, can't bring myself to say it.

;-p

kirikong
11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
i think

If it is free injuries and doesn't cost much on the salary cap, is a good one to deal but the true problem is Offensive Line

but the important is fired williams!!!!

Hey Gregg, i can :kissa:

:lastyr: Greeg Williams head coaching

:)

IHateTheDullphins
11-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Kevin Gillbride must go first. I can live with GW for the rest of the year as long as KG is gone. Now.

Miami_Vice
11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
85 Bears BWHAAHAHAHHA! RIghht

SABURZFAN
11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
kearse is another injury away from fred taylor status.i think we have other areas to address.we could upgrade several positions with the kind of money he's going to demand.

stuckincincy
11-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

Yep. Years ago, the bills swapped Paul Seymour for James Loften. Seymour was damaged goods. Texans took Bosellli in theie new franchise draft and cried foul.

titans have, for obvious reasons tried to get Kearse on the field and on their team but no-go.

Kerse is a sucker's bet...

Moulds80
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Keep the Kearse money and upgrade the O

cordog
11-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Eric Hicks is the way to go. Hell be cheaper than Kearse. Hell get you 9-10 sacks and a crap load of pressures and hes relitively young, just getting into his prime. Hes also from Erie, PA so that could play a factor into coming to Buffalo.

Stewie
11-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

I know he is injury prone but imagine the D with Schobel and Kearse on either side. We are talking 85 Bears!

Your thoughts please........

:news: [/B]

Schoebel is very overrated (if an 8 sack guy can be overrated). He makes all his plays against inferior opponents, and dissappears for months at a time against decent ones.

He's exactly the type of guy who should be the first guy off the bench in a rotation.. A guy who can come in and speed rush by a tired lineman and is solid against the run.

zone
11-19-2003, 01:41 PM
85 bears???? Schoebel??? are you kidding?

Schoebel sucks, look at KC!

Kearse is definitly back to pro bowl form, but we need a o-line, and the titians are not going to let him go.

Ð
11-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Kearse is like an aging CB that you move inside to safety, once he loses a bit of speed. I wouldn't touch him...

madness
11-19-2003, 09:53 PM
This should appease all you GW haters. GW would be the ONLY reason Jevon would come here.

Dozerdog
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Yep. Years ago, the bills swapped Paul Seymour for James Loften. Seymour was damaged goods.

That would be 1978 Seymour for Frank Lewis, WR Pittsburgh Steelers

We got Lofton a dozen years later.

The Spaz
11-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Is Schobell all of that no, but he does not suck. Nobody is saying he is awesome but he is what he is a player who will give all out effort and doesn't always make game breaking sacks but is just a dependable type player.

Michael82
11-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Aaron Schobel = Phil Hansen

We need a Bruce Smith and then we will be able to force more turnovers and get more sacks. :D

Gunzlingr
11-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Aaron Schobel = Phil Hansen

We need a Bruce Smith and then we will be able to force more turnovers and get more sacks. :D

My thoughts exactly!