PDA

View Full Version : Who's over/under performing now?

WG
10-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Based on salary, expectations, experience, reliance by the team, etc., who is over-performing, under-performing, or playing where they should? Doesn't mean it's their fault as in the case of the TEs for example.

Include coaching. Starters primarily as well.

Over:

DREEEWWWWW!!!
Schobel
Wire
Reed

On or about where they should be:

Moulds
Price
Mike Williams
Jennings
Centers
Pat Williams
Prioleau
Clements
Newman
Ahanotu
Sullivan
Rogers
Gilbride

Under:

Brown
Winfield
Fletcher
Robinson
Teague
Henry
JR
Jerry Gray

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2002, 01:23 PM
Why Winfield?

The only one I'm real unhappy with is Robinson.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I would move Price up one category and Prioleau done one if he is on his new contract already.

I would also move Fletcher up one category.

I would put Gred Williams in the middle category and put Tom in the first.

Otherwise you have once again done an excellent job.

Phins054
10-02-2002, 01:27 PM
I think Drew is playing the way he always has been capable of. I think the issue with him over the last few years (other than health) has been staying motivated. It seemed that if a game or two fot away or he played poorly...it carried over into the next game. I am sure that at some point this season Drew will be in a lull. It will be interesting to see how he responds to it.

SoCalBillsFan
10-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Underachieving:

Fletcher
Watson
Clements
Robinson

I know putting clements here will upset people, but I think he has not played as well as he could, therefor is underachieving. He has allowed several big pass plays, and has no picks, I haven't seen him make too many plays. He has been good in run support however. I'd like to see him play better.

SoCalBillsFan
10-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
I am sure that at some point this season Drew will be in a lull. It will be interesting to see how he responds to it.

Phins I agree completely. I definately think there will be a two or three game span where he hits the wall for a bit, and I am very interested in seeing how he and the fans will respond.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Phins I agree completely. I definately think there will be a two or three game span where he hits the wall for a bit, and I am very interested in seeing how he and the fans will respond.

:grind:

Or are you under the influence of stickin' rotting dead fish smell?:nana:

Who says he will hit a wall? Previous year's patterns mean nothing this year.:blah:

WG
10-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah, as one of Drew's formerly harshest critics, and as one who has watched him very, very much while he was on the Pats, I agree w/ Cree. Like all QBs, he'll have an off game or two, but I don't see the QB who used to go into 3-5 game slumps. He's playing far better than he ever has and much of that has to do w/ his mentals and lack of key errors.

He'll have tough games v. the Phins as he always does, but he'll have better games v. them than he has in the past. I see 2 or 3 non-consecutive games in which he doesn't perform well. If you look over the past couple of seasons, you'll notice like 4-6 games per year in which he tossed 0 TDs. I see that happening maybe once this year in a bad-game scenario. I see only a few 1 TD games too. 1 or 2 perhaps.

BFO,

I put Winfield on that list b/c he's been getting burned a lot lately in pass coverage. His run coverage is outstanding. Especially this past week. He's a better CB against the run than he is against the pass.

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Under:

Watson
Danny Smith
Mean Sharks

BillsNYC
10-02-2002, 01:52 PM
over - our entire offense ( i never thought we'd be this good!)

under - linebackers (been way too quiet)
special teams (i don't have to explain)

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
BFO,

I put Winfield on that list b/c he's been getting burned a lot lately in pass coverage. His run coverage is outstanding. Especially this past week. He's a better CB against the run than he is against the pass.

I guess he has been less than stellar. And since we all think he can do better, it's a fair rank.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 01:54 PM
..., I agree w/ Cree.

:wave:

I'm honoUred that U agree with me O'Wise One.

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Yeah, as one of Drew's formerly harshest critics,

:rofl:

Ingtar33
10-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Wys...
Have you noticed how Drew has only thrown one or two passes off his back foot this year (both in week one)? That use to be his trademark INT throw. Have you also noticed how he has settled down over the last 4 weeks and is playing more confident that he did at the beginning of the season? All of his bad habits (repetitive patting of the ball, indecisiveness, "happy feet", ect...) which developed when he was getting pummeled by a bad O-line seem to be going away... is that coaching or just confidence?

SoCalBillsFan
10-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Like all QBs, he'll have an off game or two, but I don't see the QB who used to go into 3-5 game slumps. He's playing far better than he ever has and much of that has to do w/ his mentals and lack of key errors.

I didn't say 3-5 game slumps, I said 2 or 3 games where he may not play well. Maybe they wont be back to back even. I just think we need to be prepared that he might not be amazing every time out, and i'm interested in seeing how he responds to those games.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 02:02 PM
...But can SoCal be WestCoastFin in disguise? He does smell like fish!:nana:

Ingtar33
10-02-2002, 02:04 PM
BTW:
over... Sullivan, Reed, and Wire
under... P.Williams, Robenson, Clements, Watson, Winfield
no ints? come on guys you have to do better than that!

SoCalBillsFan
10-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker
...But can SoCal be WestCoastFin in disguise? He does smell like fish!:nana:

Because I think Drew might have a couple off games I am a fin fan in disguise? This isn't the official site- we are allowed to think that bad things might actually happen. Drew is the man, I love watching him play, I'm glad we have him. All I'm saying is I'll be interested in seeing how he responds to a negative performance or two. I hope he can rebound strongly the next week.

Guess that makes me a fin fan...

Cree :chair: Socal

SoCalBillsFan
10-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
BTW:

Agreed Ingtar! We need some picks!

doug45
10-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Yeah, as one of Drew's formerly harshest critics, and as one who has watched him very, very much while he was on the Pats, I agree w/ Cree. Like all QBs, he'll have an off game or two, but I don't see the QB who used to go into 3-5 game slumps. .

I was another that was a harsh critic, But I couldn't have been more wrong. He has made the team wake up, and I am very gald we have him.

BillsNYC
10-02-2002, 02:26 PM
i've been toobusy at work to post....did wys finnally admit that it was a great move dropping rj and bringing in bledsoe? or is he still in denial?

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 02:42 PM
SoCal, I agree with you. I don't see a long streak, but it's very possible that Drew could have 2 bad games in a row. When/If that happens, we have to be careful to still support him. Booing Drew will do no good.

Why are we talking about this anyway?? Let's enjoy it while it's good!

Over:
Drew
Edwards
Price
Sullivan
Jennings
Wire
Prioleau

Under:
Henry
Ruben
Clements

Everyone else is about where i thought they'd be.

northernbillfan
10-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Origianlly posted by lordofgun
Booing Drew will do no good.
At least it will still sound like DREWWWW to him.

We have to stay behind the team, if a slump does happen. If we show the team that we are behind them, they will stay focused. If we let the team down in support, they will not try as hard as they can.

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

Here is a good article from Shout written by Antoine Winfield. I think it's interesting. I don't think it's the secondary's fault that they are not getting picks. I think we need to blitz more to force bad decisions.

"PEOPLE ASK ME when are the interception floodgates going to open for Nate and me. You know what? I have no idea. We go out each week trying to get them, but it seems like they don't come. And then I'm watching TV, watching the Monday night game, Tampa Bay vs. St. Louis, and Bucs corner Brian Kelly gets a ball thrown right to him by Kurt Warner. Well, we never get those opportunities. It's incredible."

http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/66635.html