• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

Sabres to Air game Locally

This is great news to help local support as Channel 2 WGRZ in Buffalo will broadcast an afternoon matinee...

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
    This is great news to help local support as Channel 2 WGRZ in Buffalo will broadcast an afternoon matinee...

http://sabres.com/news/pr_1118wgrz.html
    If they were smart they would also schedule a few Fri or Sun games...watching those games growing up made you pine to go to the Aud. Showing a half-dozen games would not hurt the bottom line (i.e., season tix)...it might just entice some people to go to a few games.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

This is good news, but somewhat old. I've known it for about a week now.

I agree that more games should be televized like this.

Some dont have cable, especially in Buffalo, so them seeing the environment and excitement at a game MAY entice them to save up some money for tix. All in all, good idea.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Myers57
        • Sep 2003

BTW JD, love the custom title! (Even though I changed it back )

Watch out buddy, you'll be next!

Comment

• fushetti
          President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

watching those games growing up made you pine to go to the Aud. .
          Do you guys remember that smell that enveloped you when you walked in memorial auditorium? That smell, is the best smell i've ever inhaled. After the aud closed, they let people go in one last time during the summer of 1996. Maybe it was because the aud was "dead" but that smell was totally gone.

Eb, i still pine to go to the Aud. I went to so many games there as a 13-16 yr old.... oh man.
          "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
          Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Awww come on man I left mine as is.

Your no fun Darryl
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Fushetti, I always remember walking out of the AUD and smelling the Cheerios they was makin at the GM.
              I always looked forward to it, lol.

You can sumtimes smell it after games at the hsbc, but not too often.

Comment

• Myers57
                • Sep 2003

I would have left it JD, but it was kind of disturbing...

Comment

Working...
                X