PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Crosby released

G. Host
11-19-2003, 08:25 PM
The Bills released fullback Phil Crosby from the Reserve-Injured list. They came up with an injury settlement.

Crosby's injury (broken bone unlike a cracked bone like Henry) was supposedly severe but nothing he could not recover from. On IR he could have continued working out with team to recover as other players have in the past.

I think this resembles what they tried to do with Christie in Donahoe's first year. Crosby was a full participant in off season, participated in community activities and was a very good special teams player. :mad: :madfire: :blowtop:

The_Philster
11-19-2003, 08:32 PM
link?

Dozerdog
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Where did you hear this?

Dozerdog
11-19-2003, 08:34 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=214938&dsp=press

G. Host
11-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Was also on WNSA radio according to some other people I know in Buffalo.

RedEyE
11-19-2003, 09:16 PM
This is crap! I know it's a business, but there has been a certain amount of ruthlessness embedded in the front office since Donahoe's arrival. I used to take pride in this team's front office for rewarding devoted hard working players. Now I question their integrity and the coarse way that things are being handled. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times.

Dozerdog
11-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Let's look at this objectively.

Gash was brought in as the blocking FB, replacing Crosby in the blocker's role. Crosby doesn't catch, and hasn't had a run in regular season either.

Now with McGahee on the horizon, ther Bills have Henry, Morris, & Burns. Burns is versitule enough to fill in at FB, and Morris could too. Boith are more talented overall than the one-dimensional Crosby.

Once we get rid of Gilbride, then Gash returns to his traditional battering ram role. The team is better off with releasing Crosby than Burns & or Morris- since they can fill more roles. The Special teams have done great without him in there, thus Crosby has no role on the team.

I wish him the best in finding a new team once he heals.

The Spaz
11-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Let's look at this objectively.

Gash was brought in as the blocking FB, replacing Crosby in the blocker's role. Crosby doesn't catch, and hasn't had a run in regular season either.

Now with McGahee on the horizon, ther Bills have Henry, Morris, & Burns. Burns is versitule enough to fill in at FB, and Morris could too. Boith are more talented overall than the one-dimensional Crosby.

Once we get rid of Gilbride, then Gash returns to his traditional battering ram role. The team is better off with releasing Crosby than Burns & or Morris- since they can fill more roles. The Special teams have done great without him in there, thus Crosby has no role on the team.

I wish him the best in finding a new team once he heals.

I agree but who's to say Sam Gash returns. Didn't he only sign a 1 year deal and he is getting up there in years.

socalfan
11-20-2003, 12:11 AM
And after this year would he want to return?

ArcticWildMan
11-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Most injury settlements are quite lucrative. Crosby probably isn't complaining. It's all part of the game.

Dozerdog
11-20-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree but who's to say Sam Gash returns. Didn't he only sign a 1 year deal and he is getting up there in years.

Two years to my knowledge

Earthquake Enyart
11-20-2003, 06:30 AM
Once again, the public falling in love with a below average player. :cynic:

Guys like Crosby are a dime a dozen. You can get them in dime stores.

Ebenezer
11-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
I think this resembles what they tried to do with Christie in Donahoe's first year. Crosby was a full participant in off season, participated in community activities and was a very good special teams player. :mad: :madfire: :blowtop:

Christie was injured and had he been on the roster for the kickoff of that first game his contract would have been guarenteed as a vested veteran...it was a cap move, nothing more, nothing less...

Crosby can always be brought back in the offseason...if that happens he got a good chunk of change and would get a new contract.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Once again, the public falling in love with a below average player. :cynic:

Guys like Crosby are a dime a dozen. You can get them in dime stores.

i agree.Crosby wasn't even close to being anything special.

Mr. Miyagi
11-20-2003, 08:21 AM
I never even liked him to begin with.

Earthquake Enyart
11-20-2003, 08:22 AM
People missed Robb Riddick for crying out loud.

And I can't even remember the FB's name that used to live in Eden that everyone cried about..... :eek:

Ð
11-20-2003, 08:23 AM
It's Jimmy Kleinsasser syndrome.

TedMock
11-20-2003, 08:32 AM

And I can't even remember the FB's name that used to live in Eden that everyone cried about..... :eek:

Robb Riddick came to my high school (Lackawanna) for a "just say no" drug campaign. The following season, which was literally 2 or 3 months away, he was suspended for drug abuse. That has nothing to do with anything we're talking about but that's the first thing I think about when I hear "Robb Riddick".

Dozerdog
11-20-2003, 08:44 PM

Jamie Mueller?

I wish we could get a Jim Braxton clone

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/billscards/1976Braxton.JPG