• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

should gw have left henry out?

when henry fumbled last week, and gw let him ride the pine for a bit, i was hoping he would let bryson play longer. granted..i am happy henry caught the winning touchdown...but i would have liked to see if bryson could get into a groove....even just to push henry a little harder and let him think his job wasn't guarenteed.

Thank you.
  • Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Those Were My Thoughts And...

Originally posted by BillsNYC
    when henry fumbled last week, and gw let him ride the pine for a bit, i was hoping he would let bryson play longer. granted..i am happy henry caught the winning touchdown...but i would have liked to see if bryson could get into a groove....even just to push henry a little harder and let him think his job wasn't guarenteed.

I was rooting for Bryson to do well, but when the ground game did NOT work with him in, Travis had to be put in. Proving a point is one thing, but losing a game to make it is another.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

I read in the Buff News it was Gilbrides call and he put him back in.
      I think he made the right decision. Bryson fumbled too and the O was stalled in the 3rd Q.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

As soon as Bryson fumbled, there was no point in keeping him out.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• 4thAndLong
          I'm Really 4 and Short
          • Sep 2002

I told you Bryson sucked worse than Ryan Leaf.

Henry got to ride the bench...And it made him realize what was at stake, and got him motivated. It obviously worked.

Comment

• BillsNYC
            Man of the People
            • Jul 2002

i stil think ryan leaf would have been good in buffalo!
            Thank you.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Agreed. Although, and again, Bryson was holding onto the ball fairly tightly while Henry was not! BIG difference as to the reasons for the fumble. Bryson's was jarred out by whoever that OLB was. It was a good pry. Henry was waving it around like a flag on the 4th. Also, Bryson's wasn't at our own 10 or 20, it was at the other end near the 1 YL.

I'm still incredulous at how some claim that Henry can't be evaluated on only 12 carries, while simultaneously dismissing Bryson's performance on 11. I agree w/ NYC. I'd like to see Bryson play 2 or 3 full games before summarily dismissing him as ineffective. Henry did outplay Bryson on Sunday, but not on the prior two Sundays.

He also did not play well enough to remove the doubts that do exist about his play. He needs to start having some good games. Ie., in his case now, some games over 100. It shouldn't matter whether it's on 18 carries or 25.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                Senior Zoner
                • Sep 2002

Now I Understand Why You Wear The Bag

Originally posted by BillsNYC
                i stil think ryan leaf would have been good in buffalo!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

How did Bryson out-perform him previous weeks when he didn't even play?

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Agreed. Although, and again, Bryson was holding onto the ball fairly tightly while Henry was not! BIG difference as to the reasons for the fumble. Bryson's was jarred out by whoever that OLB was. It was a good pry. Henry was waving it around like a flag on the 4th. Also, Bryson's wasn't at our own 10 or 20, it was at the other end near the 1 YL.

I'm still incredulous at how some claim that Henry can't be evaluated on only 12 carries, while simultaneously dismissing Bryson's performance on 11. I agree w/ NYC. I'd like to see Bryson play 2 or 3 full games before summarily dismissing him as ineffective. Henry did outplay Bryson on Sunday, but not on the prior two Sundays.

He also did not play well enough to remove the doubts that do exist about his play. He needs to start having some good games. Ie., in his case now, some games over 100. It shouldn't matter whether it's on 18 carries or 25.
                    They each had the same amount of carries against the same defense. Who preformed better? Just a simple one word answer will do
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

GW stated that Henry has been doing a good job, other than the fumbles, and was held out to settle him down a bit.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                        • Jul 2002

Wys, how do you rationalize that losing the ball on the other teams one yard line is any better than losing it on our 10 or 20 yard line? If you lose it there, we (most likely) lose seven points and lose the ball. If you lose it on our own 10 or 20, we (most likely) lose seven or three points by the other team scoring and soon regain the ball. It's better to lose it on our 10 or 20 than their one yard line. Plus, you're arguing that it's better for Bryson to fumble from a big hit than it is to fumble from switching the ball? If I'm the coach I would MUCH prefer the ball-switching fumble, which can be coached or worked out of him. A guy that fumbles just from a big hit or pryed from his hands has a bigger problem. The differences in the talent between Henry and Bryson in that game was clearly evident. I still would like to see Bryson get involved in the Bills offense though, and for Gilbride to use his obvious (if limited to a few certain things) talents.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

A fumble is a fumble. If they both are going to fumble than play the better back. Or try Morris or Burns

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            • Jul 2002

Henry has a better fumble per carry rate than Bryson.

Henry 67 carries 4 fumbles 1 fumble to every 17 carries

Bryson 13 carries 1 fumble 1 per 13

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Sep 2002

This Year...

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                              Henry has a better fumble per carry rate than Bryson.

Henry 67 carries 4 fumbles 1 fumble to every 17 carries

Bryson 13 carries 1 fumble 1 per 13

Comment

Working...
                              X