PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been fired?

juice
11-20-2003, 08:51 AM
At this point wouldn't be wise to sacrifice someone, whether it be the OC or at least the line coach, just to get the idea out that if you dont play this week you might be replaced? I cant beleive the only "O" lineman that we could find to bench was Sullivan. They were just learning to play as a line and jelling. The "O" line coach should be sacrificed. If Marvin plays and Moulds doesn't I could see this going real bad real quick. ACC COUNTRY Have we given up?

Gunzlingr
11-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by juice
At this point wouldn't be wise to sacrifice someone, whether it be the OC or at least the line coach, just to get the idea out that if you dont play this week you might be replaced? I cant beleive the only "O" lineman that we could find to bench was Sullivan. They were just learning to play as a line and jelling. The "O" line coach should be sacrificed. If Marvin plays and Moulds doesn't I could see this going real bad real quick. ACC COUNTRY Have we given up?

I agree. Get rid of HC and OC :snicker: All we can do is play spoiler now, I think.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2003, 10:09 AM
i wouldn't complain if they got rid of Gee Dubya and KG.i think lebeau and steckel can do better.

TedMock
11-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by juice

I think Gilbride's the biggest culprit. I don't necessarily think we need to fire the OL coach. A lot of the pressure is coming off of schemes, not missed blocks. Quite often there are more pass rushers than blockers. Pucillo is definitely the weakest link on the OL and he's caused Mike Williams problems. Williams has to protect the inside first (Pucillo's usually being beat) and this is getting him back to the outside too late. However, there's never a TE or RB staying in to help out which falls directly on Gilbride. The jailbreaks don't allow the QB to accurately get rid of the ball either. Jennings had a poor game last week but in all fairness to him, he's playing injured. He's actually been solid most of the year.

juice
11-20-2003, 10:27 AM
I think the line coach because the line has gotten worse over the season and he failed to make any effective adjustments and he doesn't seem to have tought the youth anything, Jennings, Sullivan and Williams seem to all have taken a step backwards.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2003, 11:12 AM
ruel hasn't done squat to show that the OL has improved.get rid of the bum.

juice
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I think Gilbride's the biggest culprit. I don't necessarily think we need to fire the OL coach. A lot of the pressure is coming off of schemes, not missed blocks. Quite often there are more pass rushers than blockers. Pucillo is definitely the weakest link on the OL and he's caused Mike Williams problems. Williams has to protect the inside first (Pucillo's usually being beat) and this is getting him back to the outside too late. However, there's never a TE or RB staying in to help out which falls directly on Gilbride. The jailbreaks don't allow the QB to accurately get rid of the ball either. Jennings had a poor game last week but in all fairness to him, he's playing injured. He's actually been solid most of the year.

I just dont see the progress over where they were last year and have no idea why Pucillo is even playing. This line combo couldn't open anything like a whole the first 6 wks of the season for a pro bowl back. I just feel whoever is getting paid for coaching the line is stealing his check. ACC

juice
11-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
ruel hasn't done squat to show that the OL has improved.get rid of the bum.

Use him as a lamb, It's all about accountability, He's about to ruin Big Mike and waste Sullivan and Jennings they were supposed to be the pillars of this pwr run game.