X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I am very impressed with the Oilers

Man, that is a hard working team that skates very well. I wish the Sabres worked half as hard as they do.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Yeah, they hung on to beat the Leafs...

Both teams looked good except for that Leafs defenseman Ponokoraofsky who frickin' skated to the bench to get a new stick while the play was still going on in his end...GOAL.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Yo Big D! Yes, that was a bad play for sure,,,the difference in the game. The Canucks just scored in OT to win against Chicago.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

And we now have Adam Oates...Woo Hoo!!!

Ty Conklin is playing like a mad man on a mission. He wants Salo's job, and is running pretty good campaign for it. He had 120+ shut out minutes last week.

Torres is an awesome addition to the team, Hemsky is okay. He makes a lot of mistakes, and can hold on to teh puck too long, otherwise he's a great player. Hemsky only had 2 shots on goal for all of November,a nd both of them were goals.

The Edmonton Oilers are what every team should strive to be, a hard working team from a town of hard workers. And they are cheap too.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• hurls
          • Oct 2003

And they're missing Comrie. Just signed Oates

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

the OILERS are a nice,young team.(except oates)they're getting great play from their defensemen.i've seen them play 4-5 times this year and it seems they always got a goal from a defenseman.this team could easily add another veteran and REALLY be dangerous.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              And we now have Adam Oates...Woo Hoo!!!

Ty Conklin is playing like a mad man on a mission. He wants Salo's job, and is running pretty good campaign for it. He had 120+ shut out minutes last week.

Torres is an awesome addition to the team, Hemsky is okay. He makes a lot of mistakes, and can hold on to teh puck too long, otherwise he's a great player. Hemsky only had 2 shots on goal for all of November,a nd both of them were goals.

The Edmonton Oilers are what every team should strive to be, a hard working team from a town of hard workers. And they are cheap too.
              Originally posted by slruh
              And they're missing Comrie. Just signed Oates

adding oates added a veteran who wins faceoffs.that's HUGE.r.smyth's name wasn't mentioned.york,dvorak and moreau are having good years.bergeron,j.smith,and staios are playing some defense for them too.like NBF said,conklin is playing great and management has to loving that.
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Myers57
                Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                • Sep 2003

Who is the Oilers coach?

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

That would be good old "stay off the sidewalks when I drive" Craig MacTavish

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
                    Who is the Oilers coach?
                    ask the mascot.

Comment

• Myers57
                      Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ð
                      That would be good old "stay off the sidewalks when I drive" Craig MacTavish
                      Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      ask the mascot.
                      haha thanks, the more you know...

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

I watched them play The Wings one night...man what an exciting and wide opened game they both played with tons of hard hits and good forechecking.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Yup we don't play the stupid trap, and have found a way to break down teams who do try to trap us. All that takes is a few crisp passes.

Comrie can kiss my ass, cry baby millionaire.

I know I didn'tr mention Smyth, Bergeron, York and Moreau, who are all having great years. I just wanted to point out the less obvious players.

Our team is the all around package. Great leadership on and off the ice in our Captain Jason Smith, and now we have Oates who should play with Smyth and Hemsky on the first line. Look out NHL.
                          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Ð
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

The Oilers are built for western division hockey, but I'll guarantee you if they were playing in the East, they'd have a hard time making it out of their division because the style of play is so different. A good example would be how Pittsburgh plays...very much like a western team.

The east stresses defense, while the west stresses offense.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

We need to be offensive to take care of the heavy west. We have to beat Colorado, Detroit, Dallas and Vancouver to name just a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X