PDA

View Full Version : The Story of the Bills

Mr. Miyagi
11-21-2003, 12:47 PM
In Week 2 of the 2002 season, the Buffalo Bills looked as if they were on the verge of becoming one of those special offenses, the kind that is not only fun to watch but good enough to win a Super Bowl playing wide-open football.

The Bills beat the Minnesota Vikings 45-39 in overtime that week, and Drew Bledsoe threw for 463 yards and three touchdowns. Bledsoe was the early rage of the league, his trade to the Bills from New England being considered a steal.

Now it's the Bills who people are saying got the raw end of the Bledsoe trade. He has struggled, and the Bills are not scoring points. They have 21 total in the past three games, and the offense has not scored a touchdown.

They are ranked 29th in total offense and have scored 15.9 points per game, second fewest in the league.

How can an offense that was so proficient last year become so inept this season?

One word: stubbornness."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6850397

:mad:

caveboy
11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
"The Bills are having trouble running it and throwing it. "

Overall, pretty good take on our troubles. But we're having trouble running because WE AIN'T DOIN' ANY! We don't run enough for it to even compete with how many passses Drew has tried.

I'm just curious – during the off-season, the coaching staff thought we'd go to a ball-control offense? How, by throwing every down?

At this point, I say we let Bledsoe go out and run the offense for an entire game by himself. No plays called in from the sidelines. How hard could that be? Couldn't do any worse than GW/KG.

Voltron
11-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Pete Prisco is an idiot. He knows we couldn't have kept peerless and get the D help we got. I don't see why all these people are complaining about losing peerless when we were transitioning to what was supposed to be a different run oriented O. It is no one's fault but Gilbride for being a stubborn a-hole and not changing his pass first mentality. I can't believe Prisco didn't bring up the fact that we got rid of 2 pass catching people at TE and FB and brought in more of a blocking crew for much less money to lead the hay for Travis. How about the fact that Sam Gash one of the all time best blocking full backs in the league has been used sparingly at best. Pete get another Job or watch more film one of the two because you are way out side the Bulls eye on this one!

The_Philster
11-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Does Prisco know a thing about the salary cap?

Mad Bomber
11-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Does Prisco know a thing about the salary cap?

Nope.

Does he know about anything?