PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle Offense...

quizlet2003
10-02-2002, 04:31 PM
...It really suprises me why they do not do this. Talking with friends and looking over super bowl years tapes, I see there is one major factor that got the "K-gun" offense so great (other than great players)... NO HUDDLE OFFENSE. I mean if we can get our guys in shape (they are pretty much) we could tear the defenses apart.

...Looking over tapes, in a couple games in-particular the defense called all 3 of there first half timeouts while Kelly and the offense was on the field for they where gasping for air. Throw- first down. Back on line. Run- first down. Back on line. No huddling. No waiting. Get the job done and kill the defense.

Any thoughts on this. I believe Bledsoe would do this. They have done this, this year but with only like 2 minutes remaining in the game!

WCoastFin
10-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Drew Bledsoe is not FAST enough to run.....literally!

quizlet2003
10-02-2002, 04:34 PM
very funy- have you watched the games. He has done it succesfuly every game for the last 4 games. Do it some times during the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammeru:

Drewpac
10-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Our offense needs to control the clock with sustained drives because our defense sucks. We had a good defense in the early 90's but they weren't statistically rated very high because the other offense always had the ball.

quizlet2003
10-02-2002, 04:37 PM
I dont think you understand. This would HELP our defense. If we score very quickly, then there offense is always on the field. Thus they get tired and our defense can utilize this!

THATHURMANATOR
10-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Whats with all those Creed pics?

MissBuffalo
10-02-2002, 04:59 PM
He's a Creed Hoe.

MissBuffalo
10-02-2002, 05:00 PM
Oh....and the more you keep a defense on the field, the more they get tired.

Creemoredrinker
10-02-2002, 05:01 PM
This has now been changed to Creedfanszone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

:dink:

Why when our offense is the best in the NFL should we now move to a no huddle? Perhaps you can explain the logic to me of why the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" does NOT apply right now?

MissBuffalo
10-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

Let's start planning on a Zone tailgate before the Creed concert. I'll start a thread to get everyone signed up.
:jk:

Captain gameboy
10-02-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by quizlet2003
I dont think you understand. This would HELP our defense. If we score very quickly, then there offense is always on the field. Thus they get tired and our defense can utilize this!

This runs contrary to all professional opinion. The reason we couldn't win a super bowl in our 0-4 run was becasue we couldn't stop anybody. We ran the K-gun and our defense was on the field way to much. Don't ask me, ask Cornelius Bennett, Talley, Bruce Smith etc. They were sucking air in each of the super bowl losses-too much time on the field. To win you need to be able to control the clock and to do that you need a credible, if not outstanding, running game. While defenses tire on the field, offenses gain energy because plays can be called to rest certain elements of the offense, but the defense is reactive and never rests. The best thing we could do now is use our potent offensive throwing game to help us establish clock control through the running game. Otherwise, we might make it through Dec., but not January. I think it will take until next year, but I think it's coming.

Dozerdog
10-02-2002, 05:58 PM
It also takes much more energy to defend than to go on offense

WCoastFin
10-02-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Whats with all those Creed pics?

Someones in love! ....:love: :smooch: ;)

TigerJ
10-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Miss Buffalo is right. Playing defense is more tiring than playing offence because the defense has to react to what the offence is doing. That often means defensive players have to cover more ground when they run. The no huddle that Buffalo ran during the Kelly era tired out the opponents' defenses because they couldn't get a breather during drives. It also tired out Buffalo's defense because time of possession was often highly in favor of the other team. It was sure fut to watch though. I would mind if Drew Bledsoe ran it some during games, and not just as a 2 minute offence. It would knock opposing defenses off balance. A steady diet of it might be awfully tough on our defense though.

Creemoredrinker
10-03-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
...It also tired out Buffalo's defense because time of possession was often highly in favor of the other team. It was sure fun to watch though. I wouldn't mind if Drew Bledsoe ran it some during games, and not just as a 2 minute offence. It would knock opposing defenses off balance. A steady diet of it might be awfully tough on our defense though.

JefftheBillsfan
10-03-2002, 04:48 PM
ummm...WCF....Jim Kelly was never that fast either...but I think we need to controll the clock more...or defense isn't good enough to be on the field for 2/3 of a game. In a year, we should def. look into it though.

quizlet2003
10-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

:dink:

Why when our offense is the best in the NFL should we now move to a no huddle? Perhaps you can explain the logic to me of why the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" does NOT apply right now?

DOH! Do you understand that 4 of our TD's have been scored in our "late" no-huddle offense.

WOW- you look stupid now! :earpoke:

casdhf
10-04-2002, 05:13 PM
This guy is still around? :shakeno:

Dazydog
10-04-2002, 06:31 PM
You do not have to hurry to score in the last two minutes if you are ahead.

Key to success - a nice mix of running and passing. The old Bills had both running and passing - but the key was that they scored so quickly that the other team got right back on the field and could score against a tired defense.

:curtsey:

quizlet2003
10-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by quizlet2003

DOH! Do you understand that 4 of our TD's have been scored in our "late" no-huddle offense.

WOW- you look stupid now! :earpoke:

Sorry- I shouldnt of said the stupid part :wail:

ublinkwescore
10-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Creed sucks. You guys need to get some punk stuff - like 98 mute, Pennywise, old AFI (before they decided to turn to flake rock), Deviates, $400 Suits, BF!, 88 Fingers Louie, Shutdown, Skarhead, Blood for Blood, No Big Deal, Boy Kicks Girl, Armed and Hammered, there are tons of them out there.

quizlet2003
10-04-2002, 09:03 PM
3rd biggest fan base in the world...hmm. Yah. They suck alright!