X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Where were you during No Goal?

I still think it's rather telling that they changed the rule to allow the skater in the crease less than 2 days after that BS happened.
    helmetguy and I were at a going-away party for a buddy who was moving a few hours away to DJ at a different radio station.

The opener the following year, when the Eastern Conference Championship banner was raised, helmetguy and I were there and the chants of No Goal were ringing in my ears throughout the game. Thee was also a No Goal banner raised on the opposite side of the Arena from where we were sitting and I think, that night, more people were focused on that than they were the other banner.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i was along Lake Erie,by Evangola State Park,getting drunk and watching it on a big screen in the back of my friends Ford F150.we ended up rescuing some jagoff out of the lake because the water got rough and his boat was taking on water.we pulled that boat out of the lake with some rope and another truck.i was cussing him out too.the boat was for a pond,not Lake Erie.

friggin einsteins............
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• fushetti
      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
      • Feb 2003

I was in Section 313, Row 9 Seat 13. I had tickets there for 4 years. The goal was scored on my end of the ice. Too bad James Patrick couldn't bury that blistering slap shot in the second overtime that rang off the crossbar.
      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

I was watching the game last night when Delmore's deflection "went in" according to that knob ref.

Good thing for video goal judge.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

In Front Of My TIVO Replaying over and over again his foot entering hte Crease before the puck (or was that pitts burg)
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

I was actually sleeping, I believe I had school the next day....I feel asleep watching, woke up seen it, went down stars and burned each Dallas Stars hockey card I had, one by one.
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
              • Sep 2003

I was in front of the TV in my then apartment, watching it, and cussing profusely. My good buddy (a Stars fan) was over, and even he wasn't exactly cheering, as he thought the rule clearly was violated at the time. Alas, I think they showed that replay something like 50 times that night.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

umm
                espn showed it during the entire off season..

hmm

i think fraser was the one that made the GOAL CALL :) lmao,

everyone says it was NO GOAL
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• hurls
                  • Oct 2003

I was in section 113, a few rows in front of the Harbor Club. Bummin'

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

The biggest kick in the junk is, that the city we lost to, doesn't even form natural ice.

Duck Fallas.

:rocket:
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• fushetti
                      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                      umm
                      espn showed it during the entire off season..

hmm

i think fraser was the one that made the GOAL CALL :) lmao,

everyone says it was NO GOAL
                      Bill McCreary.
                      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

Watching it in my apartment in Columbus, Georgia. When that happened I got up from the couch and in the same motion grabbed the coffee table in front of me and flipped it straight in the air yelling the loudest F%&# ever. There of course were several beer bottles and glasses on it. The table actually flipped over the glasses in the air then crashed down on them, breaking them all. I immediately turned off the TV. My girlfriend was sleeping in my room, she came out all sleepy to see what the commotion was - but she knew it wasn't good.

My cousin (A Sabres fan living in Texas )called about 10 minutes later to tell me it shouldn't have been a goal. That's when things got real ugly.

Have you ever seen that scene in Dracula (with Keanu Reeves) in the beginning when Dracula swears at God and the cross starts bleeding? What went on in my bedroom behind closed doors was worse. I screamed myself horse. Things between me and God haven't been the same. My girlfriend slept on the couch.

That coffee table stayed there untouched for two weeks. I seriously considered calling in a bomb threat to the Stars victory parade. It was going to be something like "You shouldn't make such a big deal over a hockey game while people are dying (in whatever country they were dying in then, I don't remember). There is a bomb in a garbage can along the route."

Crazy huh? That is nothing compared to what will happen if the Bills ever move.
                        Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 11-23-2003, 07:03 PM.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• alyson
                          Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
                          • Sep 2003

Good thread!
                          I was in Europe! I was so pissed that of course the year I choose to spend 5 weeks in Europe is the year the Sabres make it to the Cup finals. Of course I had to head into an Internet Cafe whenever I could find one, and call my parents to keep up on the games. I had to find out about the no goal from an email from my friend. At least I was in Amsterdam when I found out :)

Comment

• sabreshockey096
                            • Oct 2003

i was in the basement of my house screaming at the television no goal and then i lost it and went insane
                            http://www.myspace.com/krixside

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Falling asleep in front of the TV

Comment

Working...
                              X