PDA

View Full Version : Did Moulds injury sneak up on us?

BuffaloRanger
11-23-2003, 08:46 AM
I'M NOT BLAMING THE POOR SEASON ON INJURIES!

I'M NOT BLAMING THE POOR SEASON ON INJURIES!

But..If you took a Poll at the beginning of the season and asked what player getting hurt would be the most devastating, the answers would have probably been something like...

Bledsoe
Moulds
Henry
Spikes (for the emotional impact)

When Moulds first got hurt if it was known that he would have been out 4 of the next 5 games the fans would have been crushed. But with it always being a game-time decision and the offensive play-calling problems I think it has slipped by us a little bit.

Moulds being out or at half speed has contributed to the Bills losing 4 of the last 5. Not the only reason of course, but it has hurt. You can't repalce a Pro-Bowl WR very easily.

I'M NOT BLAMING THE POOR SEASON ON INJURIES! Good coaches would have adjusted. The Colts are scoring points without Harrison.

Just an observation.

Michael82
11-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Don't forget...Travis Henry got the sore ribs and cracked fibula. So he hasn 't been playing at 100% much this year either. :(

caveboy
11-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Did it sneak up on us or did he hide. It's admirable that he plays hurt, but it's a valid point that the injury might be hurting the team. I'd question too that if GW/KG know he's hurt and continue to run him deep when we don't make those plays, if we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Keep him short with Shaw and Reed to confuse LB's and secondary. It sure looked like the few times they sent multiple WR's across the middle, Colts were confused on who they were picking up.