PDA

View Full Version : Let the Kellen Winslow Jr Countdown Begin!

baalworship
11-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, it's lame but I need something to look forward to. Looking at our remaining schedule I see only one more win (Miami at Home). So that would put the Bills at 5-11. We should draft somewhere from 5-12. That's right where the top TE prospect to ever enter the NFL draft is slated to go off the board.

Once we get a real coordinator and o-line coach, we need to give Bledsoe a real pass-catching TE. Kellen Winslow JR would be the pick to upgrade the offensive side of the ball. The only other offensive player I would take this high for our team would be the top 2 WR's, Roy and Reggie Williams.

gonzo1105
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
The bills will more and likely take the other receiver on the board over Winslow I think........Dont be surprised if we go OT either or trade down

STAMPY
11-23-2003, 07:08 PM
ummmm didn't we resign our TE couple weeks ago? i forgot which one cambell or moore

STAMPY
11-23-2003, 07:09 PM
signing oline protection is more important and also DE's

Ron C.
11-23-2003, 07:12 PM
You don't take a TE with a top 7 pick.

STAMPY
11-23-2003, 07:13 PM
unless his name is tony gonzalez

baalworship
11-23-2003, 07:17 PM
I agree that DE is a huge priority but we are not even going to win 8 games in 2004 unless we upgrade our offensive personnel. I would like to see a veteran guard brought in but we need a serious upgrade on the offensive side of the ball. Hell, even the Texans look better at the skill positions. I would also like to see another center/guard drafted high. But we need another player for our passing game. Moulds injury has expoded how weak the Bills really are at the receiver/ TE position. I think good coaching will help with pass protection more than it will help inferior players attempt to get separation while running routes.

casdhf
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Winslow has character issues, I don't think TD will chase him.

The Spaz
11-23-2003, 07:21 PM
F that ***** Winslow Jr.!!!!!!! :mad:

STAMPY
11-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
F that ***** Winslow Jr.!!!!!!! :mad:

tell us how you feel spaz

The Spaz
11-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

tell us how you feel spaz

***** him and his pompous a$$ attitude!:pound: :2guns: :mad::snicker2:

fushetti
11-23-2003, 07:39 PM
You guys and your stupid countdowns..

ryven
11-23-2003, 10:23 PM
the bills dont need that virus in the locker room.

Michael82
11-23-2003, 10:29 PM
He's an overrated piece of trash! His mouth and tude is worse than Shockey's! :shakeno:

cablesabres68
11-23-2003, 10:34 PM
I think bledsoe needs a proven tight end and winslow jr. is proven in college and will be as good of a tight end if not better then the other great miami tight end Jeremy Shockey so if you don't pick him up it's a really bad mistake that the bills can not afford to take right now.

The Bills need proven guys on the offensive line not people out of college for that position i think they should pick up people in the FA market and draft K. Winslow Jr. and get a pass rusher in the draft in the second or third round or try to trade up in the draft and have 2 first round selections.

BillsMan80
11-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Say all you want about Winslow, but he's as good as any TE prospect ever. We need skill position players in the draft much more than OLs. We need established OLs. Not rookies. Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Kellen Winslow, or Manning would be better selections.

cablesabres68
11-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I agree we need established OL's Billsman that is what i just said but picking up winslow would helpo the O-line out a lot and it would give bledsoe a great target

Tatonka
11-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by gonzo1105
The bills will more and likely take the other receiver on the board over Winslow I think........Dont be surprised if we go OT either or trade down

why in gods name would we go OT when we need a C and OG?

Originally posted by casdhf
Winslow has character issues, I don't think TD will chase him.

exactly.. he will never be a bill... guarentee it.

SoCalBillsFan
11-23-2003, 10:46 PM
No way we get winslow. Guys is not only a cancer, but he's also overrated.

juice
11-24-2003, 12:24 AM
If travis gains over 1000 yds we'll either trade he or Willis for someone's first pick, priorities are offensive production then we have to do somthing about our pathetic pass rush

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
why in gods name would we go OT when we need a C and OG?

We got a RB when we were stocked at the position and needed DL help.
Originally posted by Mike32282
He's an overrated piece of trash! His mouth and tude is worse than Shockey's! :shakeno:
He's not Buffalo material...simple as that.

ryven
11-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Just saw this TE on one of the draft sites and it intrigued me his name is Bobby Blizzard and he is a very big TE tell me what you think or if you know any thing about him.

http://tarheelblue.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/blizzard_bobby01.html

Tatonka
11-24-2003, 08:07 AM
scrub.

ryven
11-24-2003, 08:11 AM
any chance of converting him into a DE? He looks like he has some speed maybe more than you average, but that could be a huge bust

ryven
11-24-2003, 08:11 AM
all I know is I would consider Blizzard before winslow

R. Rich
11-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by cablesabres68
The Bills need proven guys on the offensive line not people out of college for that position i think they should pick up people in the FA market and draft K. Winslow Jr. and get a pass rusher in the draft in the second or third round or try to trade up in the draft and have 2 first round selections.

Getting a good guard in the draft can really help solidify your line. Players like LeCharles Bentley in New Orleans, Leonard Davis in Arizona, and Steve Hutchison in Seattle have come in and played very well right off the bat. This year, there are some outstanding talents at guard available in this draft. If the Bills use a 2nd round pick on a guy like Stephen Peterman of LSU or Adrien Clarke of OSU, our line will be better because these guys can handle the bigger DTs and open up holes for the RBs. They're also good in pass protection too.

BuffaloRanger
11-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Wasn't the need for O-line help just as obvious last year? 55 sacks anyone? Who was added?

TD is a super genius remember. There's no need to worry about the O line. His boy from Iowa is going to come into his own.

How pathetic, huh?

R. Rich
11-24-2003, 08:40 AM
You're right about the need for offensive line help last year. I think the reason there wasn't a major effort to upgrade the OL was because of all the attention paid to the defense in free agency and the draft. But if Donahoe doesen't take into consideration the number of sacks we've allowed over the past 2 seasons (87, I think), then he's crazy. The OL and the DL must be upgraded this offseason. There is NOTHING more important to be done this offseason!

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Let's not forget, guys, that a GM also has to rely on his HC for input on what positions need to be filled and what "type" of players he's looking for. Is it possible that TD mislaid some trust and confidence in GW as far as what the OL looks like now? A GM can bust his ass to get good guys. Nothing says that a guy who flourishes in one place will do the same in another? Wasn't it Williams' decision to put Pucillo at RG?

We DO need line help. We DO need the coaching talent to put ALL the pieces of the puzzle together.

don137
11-24-2003, 11:42 AM
You can get real good OG's in round 2...I say go FA for WR get the best pass rushing DE in rd 1 and OG in rd 2...

losman2evans
11-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I want Winslow- I'd like a little attitude on this offense. Bring him and T.O. in here along with a new center and guard and we will be a productive offense.

ryven
11-24-2003, 12:54 PM
With winslow you get more than attitude you get a whiney little
B!@%h. he causes more trouble than hes worth.

attitude is fine but he is a big me player definitly not a team player.

BillsMan80
11-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ryven
With winslow you get more than attitude you get a whiney little
B!@%h. he causes more trouble than hes worth.

attitude is fine but he is a big me player definitly not a team player.

So what? God knows we have enough pussies on this team. I want someone like Winslow. Give me a Winslow and TO, and you got an offense. Enough with the soft players. I want someone like Winslow or TO who would whine and speak their mind if the offense sucks. Then maybe something would have been done about our coaching weeks ago. Winslow is a stud and worth every bit of a Top 10 pick IMO.

ryven
11-24-2003, 01:31 PM
I agree that Buffalo has some players that wont speak there mind on the O side of the ball and having someone that will speak up would be nice but IMO winslow will create alot of problems in the locker room. he reminds me alot of shockey when shockey got to the NFL and I am not talking about his hard nose style of play but when he developed a major piss poor attitude well winslow has it already. Now I am not saying he isn't a good player but he needs somebody who can keep him in check and I dont think the bills have the personel to do it. In stead we have a coach right now that doesn't have control of his own staff and we dont know whos going to be replaced or whos coming in for that matter.

Now TO I would have no problems with he is an outstanding player and he is team orientated and all he wants to do is win and he has the personality that if somethings not working hes gonna get on someones a$$ until they change or until he gets benched either way

cablesabres68
11-24-2003, 01:55 PM
I want Winslow- I'd like a little attitude on this offense. Bring him and T.O. in here along with a new center and guard and we will be a productive offense.

i agree totally the Bills need an attitude on offense. Defense is attitude and that is what we have on the defensive side of the ball. We need T.O. and Winslow in here to speak there mind i mean come on the bills should be in the playoffs this year but i don't see anyone on offense who wants to be a leader and TD should see that and get TO and Winslow or just TO. Look at what the sabres did in the offseason they aquired a great player and an even better leader in Drury and it has made all the other sabres step up and play better. What should this tell you teams need leaders. I don't care if it's Drew, Moulds, Henry, Owens, or Winslow we need an offensive leader. These are just a few of my thoughts.

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 03:52 PM
We have two starting caliber TEs. Not superstars, but Metzelaars was no superstar but I don't recall many complaints about him.

Phins054
11-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by juice
If travis gains over 1000 yds we'll either trade he or Willis for someone's first pick, priorities are offensive production then we have to do somthing about our pathetic pass rush

I just don't see anyone giving up a 1st for either of them. No offense but TH is a solid back but not worth a 1st and Willis is truly unproven. JMHO

SoCalBillsFan
11-24-2003, 04:00 PM
We need talent on offense, not attitude. Winslow is overrated. There are other areas in which we can improve talent more. I hardly think the addition of a TE is gonna revolutionize our offense

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Winslow and Owens would do nothing more than attract the wrong kind of attention to the Bills. It's bad enough that we have GW and KG around. For that, we get some sympathy. All Winslow and Owens do is piss off the wrong people; particularly team mates and coaches. Don't want 'em, don't need 'em.

The Spaz
11-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Winslow and Owens would do nothing more than attract the wrong kind of attention to the Bills. It's bad enough that we have GW and KG around. For that, we get some sympathy. All Winslow and Owens do is piss off the wrong people; particularly team mates and coaches. Don't want 'em, don't need 'em.

AMEN I'll take a Dallas Clark for that matter!:)

baalworship
11-24-2003, 05:00 PM
This offense needs playmakers. Kellen Winslow Jr is a playmaker. Bills o playmakers

QB- NO
RB- Travis Henry
McGahee?

WR-Moulds

That's it. I'm sorry, but Mark Campbell ain't a playmaker.

If Winslow Jr isn't there we should go WR if a top guy is there. Moulds isn't getting younger and it takes 3 years for most WR's to hit their prime. If we draft a stud WR this year or next he should be hitting his prime right when Moulds starts to fall off.

Guards/ Centers can be had in later rounds. The only positions I can see us going if we draft 5-12 overall...

QB
WR
TE
DE (Pass-Rusher)

But who knows what Donahoe is thinking right now. All I know is that Ralph Wilson is already calling for an upgrade on the offensive side of the ball.

TigerJ
11-24-2003, 05:20 PM
The best DE is probably not worth a top ten pick. To pick Will Smith, Buffalo would want to trade down. The only position I really see Buffalo picking in a top ten position would be QB. I don't really think Buffalo will go that route, so I expect them to trade down.