Here's something to root for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Here's something to root for...

...the Bills to lose the rest of their games. Yes, I know, I'm sure some of you will say that as a fan you should only want them to win, but why? What does that do for us...we're not going to the playoffs! I want the best draft pick that we can get...this team needs some more playmakers and if we can get a top 10 or even a top 5 pick...that would be great. You all know that this team is going to be a lot better next year because a new coach will be here, so why not hope for more talent for him?

Also, I love Travis Henry and he is a warrior, but you have to hope that McGahee can play. Why...because if he proves that he is fully recovered and can be our back, we should then ship Henry out for a top pick. I'm sure somebody would give us a high #1 for him and could you imagine the talent we could infuse into this lineup?

Hey, you've got to keep it interesting and this is how I'm looking at the rest of the season.

Go Bills...lose the rest of your games!
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Trading Henry is the stupidest thing the Bills could do. The played with badly bruised ribs, and is playing with a bruised Fibula. Henry shows toughness that alot of RB's in the NFL dont show. Henry is a proven back where McGahee isnt.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Silentone, you have to read better...I said that IF McGahee plays this year and shows he is fully healed from his injury, then we should trade Henry. However, if he doesn't come back this year...then it would be to risky to trade Henry. But I hope that McGahee does come back this year and shows us what he can do...it will help this team in the long run.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by silent_one
        Trading Henry is the stupidest thing the Bills could do. The played with badly bruised ribs, and is playing with a bruised Fibula. Henry shows toughness that alot of RB's in the NFL dont show. Henry is a proven back where McGahee isnt.
        EXACTLY! We haven't seen what McGahee can do yet. NO ONE should be traded until AFTER next season! Good post!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Mike, my previous post should be directed at you too! Please people, if you're going to respond...please read the post thoroughly!!!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Mike, my previous post should be directed at you too! Please people, if you're going to respond...please read the post thoroughly!!!
            No, you don't understand what we are saying. McGahee should NOT be traded at all! EVEN IF he does play.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
              • Oct 2002

Silentone, you have to read better...I said that IF McGahee plays this year and shows he is fully healed from his injury, then we should trade Henry. However, if he doesn't come back this year...then it would be to risky to trade Henry. But I hope that McGahee does come back this year and shows us what he can do...it will help this team in the long run.
              If McGahee plays this year he would only get a couple plays a game or at the most would split time with Henry.. That is not enough to evaluate McGahee on.. When McGahee heels then look for the possiblity of him doing what Morris is doing.. Morris as much I like the guy would be a much smarter trade... Buffalo wont get a first round pick for Morris though.. Then there is the possibility that Morris becomes Buffalo's FB since Crosby was released..

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Mike, did you mean Henry??? I never said that McGahee should be traded. As for Henry, if McGahee plays this year and shows he is healed and can be the player we hoped he could be...why would we keep 2 stud RBs?? Why not deal Henry when his value is high...this is how you build contenders. Remember Curtis Martin was traded and that worked out great for the Pats...they used some of those players to get to the Super Bowl and win it!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                  • Oct 2002

I did read your post all the way through... Your saying that when McGahee plays you need to hope that he can do what Henry is doing and if he does then Henry should be traded.. No way Henry should ever be traded..

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Silentone...I've got news for you...if McGahee can play, I guarantee the Bills will try to see what he can do. They will want to know if he can be the RB of the future and if so, they will most likely trade Henry while his value is high. McGahee will never, I repeat, never play in a role such as Morris. Morris is a marginal talent and Willis has a ton more talent than him. The Bills drafted him to take Henry's job and plus, Henry's contract only has this year and maybe next year left. The Bills will not want to lose him for nothing. But, again...this is only if McGahee comes back this year and shows he can play. If not, you stick with Henry next year.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Mike, if Mcgahee is able to come back and play as well as Henry...you would keep Henry??? That's nuts...that isn't forward thinking and you would get nothing for Henry after next year.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Oops, that last post should have been directed at Silentone...sorry Mike!

Comment

• caveboy
                          • Oct 2003

Scary scenario: Ralph keeps KG, fires GW. With KG's lack of desire to commit to running game, carrying two potential star backs may be overkill. Henry might be the expendable one.

As far as the rest of the season goes, if we lose the rest and happen to grab a top 10 pick, ok, fine. But I want to see what heart is left in this team. If this D can play consistant and allow only 10-13 points, that's pretty damn good, so we know we could focus on fixing the O. If we had an O that could up 14 - 17 points a game, that's not a problem.

Bills have traded down recently a lot, avoiding the big-ticket items, (Mike WIlliams excepttion). We may all be thinking they'll grab a top-10, but what if they don't?
                          "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Mike, did you mean Henry??? I never said that McGahee should be traded. As for Henry, if McGahee plays this year and shows he is healed and can be the player we hoped he could be...why would we keep 2 stud RBs?? Why not deal Henry when his value is high...this is how you build contenders. Remember Curtis Martin was traded and that worked out great for the Pats...they used some of those players to get to the Super Bowl and win it!
                            Yeah I meant Trade Henry....a few games is not enough for us to see if McGahee is going to be a stud RB. He might be 100%, but he won't get the amount of carries to show that he can be the stud back. IF he plays, I still want to see him in the the preseason and training camp to watch him compete with Henry. They are getting along right now and the best thing to do is feature them both in the preseason and have them compete for the job. Winner gets the start, loser either gets traded right before the season, or gets kept and used as the change of pace back.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                              • Oct 2002

How do you know what they drafted McGahee for?? McGahee as long as he under a contract with the Bills, will do exactly what the Bills want him to do... There is 5 games left this season who knows when McGahee or even if he will play this season... 5 games isnt enough to evaluate a RB who wont even play a whole game this year.. Next year is the year for McGahee to prove he is a starter and to prove if he can take over Henry's place... If the Bills trade Henry away after this season, it will be the stupidest thing Buffalo could do.. If you dont like my statement tough..

Comment

Working...
                              X