PDA

View Full Version : Here's something to root for...

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:33 PM
...the Bills to lose the rest of their games. Yes, I know, I'm sure some of you will say that as a fan you should only want them to win, but why? What does that do for us...we're not going to the playoffs! I want the best draft pick that we can get...this team needs some more playmakers and if we can get a top 10 or even a top 5 pick...that would be great. You all know that this team is going to be a lot better next year because a new coach will be here, so why not hope for more talent for him?

Also, I love Travis Henry and he is a warrior, but you have to hope that McGahee can play. Why...because if he proves that he is fully recovered and can be our back, we should then ship Henry out for a top pick. I'm sure somebody would give us a high #1 for him and could you imagine the talent we could infuse into this lineup?

Hey, you've got to keep it interesting and this is how I'm looking at the rest of the season.

Go Bills...lose the rest of your games!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Trading Henry is the stupidest thing the Bills could do. The played with badly bruised ribs, and is playing with a bruised Fibula. Henry shows toughness that alot of RB's in the NFL dont show. Henry is a proven back where McGahee isnt.

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Silentone, you have to read better...I said that IF McGahee plays this year and shows he is fully healed from his injury, then we should trade Henry. However, if he doesn't come back this year...then it would be to risky to trade Henry. But I hope that McGahee does come back this year and shows us what he can do...it will help this team in the long run.

Michael82
11-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
Trading Henry is the stupidest thing the Bills could do. The played with badly bruised ribs, and is playing with a bruised Fibula. Henry shows toughness that alot of RB's in the NFL dont show. Henry is a proven back where McGahee isnt.

EXACTLY! We haven't seen what McGahee can do yet. NO ONE should be traded until AFTER next season! Good post! :up:

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Mike, my previous post should be directed at you too! Please people, if you're going to respond...please read the post thoroughly!!!

Michael82
11-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Mike, my previous post should be directed at you too! Please people, if you're going to respond...please read the post thoroughly!!!

No, you don't understand what we are saying. McGahee should NOT be traded at all! EVEN IF he does play.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Silentone, you have to read better...I said that IF McGahee plays this year and shows he is fully healed from his injury, then we should trade Henry. However, if he doesn't come back this year...then it would be to risky to trade Henry. But I hope that McGahee does come back this year and shows us what he can do...it will help this team in the long run.

If McGahee plays this year he would only get a couple plays a game or at the most would split time with Henry.. That is not enough to evaluate McGahee on.. When McGahee heels then look for the possiblity of him doing what Morris is doing.. Morris as much I like the guy would be a much smarter trade... Buffalo wont get a first round pick for Morris though.. Then there is the possibility that Morris becomes Buffalo's FB since Crosby was released..

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Mike, did you mean Henry??? I never said that McGahee should be traded. As for Henry, if McGahee plays this year and shows he is healed and can be the player we hoped he could be...why would we keep 2 stud RBs?? Why not deal Henry when his value is high...this is how you build contenders. Remember Curtis Martin was traded and that worked out great for the Pats...they used some of those players to get to the Super Bowl and win it!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 09:51 PM

I did read your post all the way through... Your saying that when McGahee plays you need to hope that he can do what Henry is doing and if he does then Henry should be traded.. No way Henry should ever be traded..

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Silentone...I've got news for you...if McGahee can play, I guarantee the Bills will try to see what he can do. They will want to know if he can be the RB of the future and if so, they will most likely trade Henry while his value is high. McGahee will never, I repeat, never play in a role such as Morris. Morris is a marginal talent and Willis has a ton more talent than him. The Bills drafted him to take Henry's job and plus, Henry's contract only has this year and maybe next year left. The Bills will not want to lose him for nothing. But, again...this is only if McGahee comes back this year and shows he can play. If not, you stick with Henry next year.

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Mike, if Mcgahee is able to come back and play as well as Henry...you would keep Henry??? That's nuts...that isn't forward thinking and you would get nothing for Henry after next year.

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Oops, that last post should have been directed at Silentone...sorry Mike!

caveboy
11-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Scary scenario: Ralph keeps KG, fires GW. With KG's lack of desire to commit to running game, carrying two potential star backs may be overkill. Henry might be the expendable one.

As far as the rest of the season goes, if we lose the rest and happen to grab a top 10 pick, ok, fine. But I want to see what heart is left in this team. If this D can play consistant and allow only 10-13 points, that's pretty damn good, so we know we could focus on fixing the O. If we had an O that could up 14 - 17 points a game, that's not a problem.

Bills have traded down recently a lot, avoiding the big-ticket items, (Mike WIlliams excepttion). We may all be thinking they'll grab a top-10, but what if they don't?

Michael82
11-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Mike, did you mean Henry??? I never said that McGahee should be traded. As for Henry, if McGahee plays this year and shows he is healed and can be the player we hoped he could be...why would we keep 2 stud RBs?? Why not deal Henry when his value is high...this is how you build contenders. Remember Curtis Martin was traded and that worked out great for the Pats...they used some of those players to get to the Super Bowl and win it!

Yeah I meant Trade Henry....a few games is not enough for us to see if McGahee is going to be a stud RB. He might be 100%, but he won't get the amount of carries to show that he can be the stud back. IF he plays, I still want to see him in the the preseason and training camp to watch him compete with Henry. They are getting along right now and the best thing to do is feature them both in the preseason and have them compete for the job. Winner gets the start, loser either gets traded right before the season, or gets kept and used as the change of pace back.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:00 PM
How do you know what they drafted McGahee for?? McGahee as long as he under a contract with the Bills, will do exactly what the Bills want him to do... There is 5 games left this season who knows when McGahee or even if he will play this season... 5 games isnt enough to evaluate a RB who wont even play a whole game this year.. Next year is the year for McGahee to prove he is a starter and to prove if he can take over Henry's place... If the Bills trade Henry away after this season, it will be the stupidest thing Buffalo could do.. If you dont like my statement tough..

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Hey now,...we are having a civil conversation and you have to go show your ignorance..."If you don't like my statement, tough?" Now I know you have no clue about football!

Michael82
11-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
How do you know what they drafted McGahee for?? McGahee as long as he under a contract with the Bills, will do exactly what the Bills want him to do... There is 5 games left this season who knows when McGahee or even if he will play this season... 5 games isnt enough to evaluate a RB who wont even play a whole game this year.. Next year is the year for McGahee to prove he is a starter and to prove if he can take over Henry's place... If the Bills trade Henry away after this season, it will be the stupidest thing Buffalo could do.. If you dont like my statement tough..

That's exactly what i'm thinking! McGahee is for the future. Travis Henry was signed to an extension thru the 2004 season. McGahee would not have enough time to show that he is ready to be the star with only 5 weeks to go. And if u trade your star RB based on the fact that your backup RB is healthy and looked good in 5 games, then you are insane! Henry and McGahee should fight it out next season! Winner gets the job!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Mike, if Mcgahee is able to come back and play as well as Henry...you would keep Henry??? That's nuts...that isn't forward thinking and you would get nothing for Henry after next year.

Rushing McGahee back wouldnt get you anywhere either.. Even if McGahee is 100% percent he hasnt played a NFL game yet... Even at 100% Buffalo needs to be careful with him if he were to take over Henrys spot..

You need to calm down there a bit... If McGahee can prove he can play at a Henry caliber then yes trade 1 of them.. Im saying it wont happen this year... McGahee is 1 bad tackle from never having a NFL career..

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

That's exactly what i'm thinking! McGahee is for the future. Travis Henry was signed to an extension thru the 2004 season. McGahee would not have enough time to show that he is ready to be the star with only 5 weeks to go. And if u trade your star RB based on the fact that your backup RB is healthy and looked good in 5 games, then you are insane! Henry and McGahee should fight it out next season! Winner gets the job!

Exactly Mike!!!

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey, guys...it's only my opinion and I feel strongly about it. Now it may not happen, but what happen with Price this year? Why did the Bills draft Reed? To replace Price...I believe they did the same with McGahee. I have no problem with your opinion, I just don't happen to agree and I stated why...no need to get snippy.

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 10:09 PM
Silentone...I'm not the one getting fired up...maybe you need to relax. I'm calm as hell...I just don't think you like my opinion, that's fine. You're entitled to yours.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey now,...we are having a civil conversation and you have to go show your ignorance..."If you don't like my statement, tough?" Now I know you have no clue about football!

Before you say that read through your posts and tell me who knows football.. To me this a civil conversation.. You as a poster just like me or anyone else on the board must realize that people will agree or disagree with you.. If they disagree with you then just accept it.. Me saying if you dont like my statement means if you disagree with what I say then just accept it and thats it...

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Silentone...I'm not the one getting fired up...maybe you need to relax. I'm calm as hell...I just don't think you like my opinion, that's fine. You're entitled to yours.

As you are to yours Nighthawk.. We both disagree with eachother and thats all.. Im not all fired up, well a little because Miami is losing...

Nighthawk
11-23-2003, 10:12 PM
No, that means argue your point...I'm fine with what you have stated and in fact believe part of it. However, I don't agree with all of your logic. But hey, to each their own.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Im not an arguing type of person really.. I read what other people say then give my thoughts..Then just move on.. I respect your thoughts as I do everyones and I shared my thoughts.. So its just time to find another thread.. Have a good one NightHawk..

Mr. Cynical
11-23-2003, 10:32 PM
If Henry finishes the year with 1K+ yards and a 4+ avg, I think they should trade him. Trades are all about timing and you want to trade on an uptick, not a downtick. Is McGahee the real deal? No clue. But one thing is true IMO, this team ain't going anywhere next year either. Time to start rebuilding, meaning drafting a #1-3 QB. If Henry can provide some leverage to get this accomplished I'm all for it. Even if McGahee is a bust, you still have the value from a Henry trade (assuming it is a good draft...but that's never a guarantee)

I like Henry's drive alot....and so will alot of other teams...hence strike while the iron's hot.