PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious about...

mybills
10-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Just how many of you (those who say we'll beat the Raiders) have actually watched Oakland play this year?
Just curious because I have, and I can't dismiss them that easily.

So, have you seen them play yet?

casdhf
10-02-2002, 10:48 PM
I have. :shakeno:

RedEyE
10-02-2002, 10:49 PM
:wave: I watched the game against Tennessee last week, the local channel switched to the SD game after the first part of the 2nd quarter: The Raiders were up 31 - 7. Granted the Titans are struggling this season, but the Oakland D looked phenomenal. The Oakland O sat back and ate clock the rest of the night.

venis2k1
10-02-2002, 11:25 PM
I watched their game against pittsburg. i think we can win, depending on how big of a game drew has.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2002, 03:20 AM
that's all we get out here in vegas.i can't tell you how many times i've seen them on TV since i moved out here.

shelby
10-03-2002, 04:43 AM
The Raiders have a good team...their D is superior to ours...that is why i think, unfortunately, that the Bills are going to lose this one.
:(

WG
10-03-2002, 05:24 AM
The Raiders need to make the tough trip out here and they haven't beaten any good teams. So I think that they are at least a tad bit overrated.

Neither Rice nor Brown are on pace for much more than 1,000 yards, Brown far less right now. Combined they have 3 TDs.

The combined record of the three teams they've beaten, Pitt., Tenn., and Sea. is 3-8.

While Phillip Buchanon, the rookie CB, and a very good one I might add, played a good game in place of Woodson last week, he still hasn't seen an air attack such as the one that we possess.

The Hawks (26th ranked O) put up 17 points v. them, the Steelers (21st ranked O) put up 17, and the Titans (18th ranked O) put up 25. Now the Raiders face us, the 6th ranked yardage O and the 4th ranked scoring O.

Our passing game is better than the Raiders, their rushing game is better than ours even though they've struggled too. Their D is better, but their secondary is weak and highly exploitable w/ a diverse offense such as ours. Gilbride can earn his keep again this week by mixing it up and spreading the ball around and utilizing the TEs a lot again.

We can win this one as long as we don't make game-changing blunders on STs or D or Henry coughs up the ball for another TD etc.

Rice will be 40 in a week and while I respect his career, he's finished as anything other than an average WR. Brown isn't far behind. Again, just keep Watson away from Rice and Brown and this game shouldn't be that close barring TOs.

Creemoredrinker
10-03-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by mybills
Just how many of you (those who say we'll beat the Raiders) have actually watched Oakland play this year?
Just curious because I have, and I can't dismiss them that easily.

So, have you seen them play yet?

:bigwave:

I have Sunday Ticket and have seen two games.

Look I am NOT dismissing the Raiders -- they are an excellent team right now -- but I just think we are better at this point in the season, have a big home filed crowd behind us and have a lot of mommentum. I only think we will win by 7 points.

mybills
10-03-2002, 12:19 PM
hey wys, you didn't answer the question! :stone: lol

THATHURMANATOR
10-03-2002, 12:31 PM
I have seen them once and they really do impress me. If this game was in oakland I would be picking the Raiders but it is in the Ralph and the crowd is going to be insane!!! I also agree with Wys take on the Raiders opponents. None have been very good and none have high scoring offense but have put up some points against the black and silver. If we can establish a running game we should have a solid shot to win this game with a rowdy crowd behind them!

GO BILLS!

justasportsfan
10-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Whoever dimisses an unbeaten team needs to to change his allegiance to the Dolphins. Not much football knowledge there.

Some poeple dimmised the Lions, Ravens against the Broncos, etc.

Na we are the underdogs and it's the other way arround.I'm not saying we will make the playoffs , however the best way to describe the Bills this season is, "don't dismiss or underestimate the Bills"

THATHURMANATOR
10-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Good call justa!

Novacane
10-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

:bigwave:

I have Sunday Ticket and have seen two games.

\

Me too. Saw all of game against Pitt and pieces of the other 2 wins. It's really to early to get a real handle on how good any teams are yet.

The_Philster
10-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Me too. Saw all of game against Pitt and pieces of the other 2 wins. It's really to early to get a real handle on how good any teams are yet.

Yeah......the identity of the team really doesn't come into focus until Week 6 or 7. Before that, teams can still be using plenty of new plays and figuring out what they want to do.

Drewpac
10-03-2002, 04:55 PM
I've seen all of the Raiders' games and they look great. I have this bad feeling that the Bledsoe bubble will burst this weekend. I think the Raiders are gonna win by a double digit margin.