PDA

View Full Version : I want Brian Billick

ublinkwescore
11-23-2003, 10:31 PM
If it's true that he and the soon to be new Ravens ownership don't get along, I'd say the hell with it, let's try to pry Billick away from the Ravens with a first round draft pick (only if thats what it takes). Not only would we be getting an offensive genius, we'd also be getting a guy that would make his peace with having to win with a D (as evidenced by the superbowl 3 years ago).

TD, swallow your pride, and hand the reins to this team over to him - you make the personell decisions in conjunction with him, and the sky's the limit for this team.

what do you guys think. I don't want no Martyball in there - the guy's cursed.

Not to mention the fact that some coaches have players that will follow them - I wouldn't mind seeing some Todd Heaps, or some Johnathan Ogdens, or some Jamal Lewis's coming to town to where some red, white and blue.

TigerJ
11-23-2003, 10:40 PM
If he becomes available I would definitely be interested. I'm not going to put blinders on and rule out other good candidates though.

The Spaz
11-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't mind Billick I guess but we need our 1st round pick for sure!!

BillsFever
11-23-2003, 11:09 PM
And I would like the Olsen twins too but neither will ever happen.

Historian
11-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Billick would be a good fit here, as would Haslett.

BTW blink, perhaps its time to change your username....how about ublinkwepunt ?

:D

Tatonka
11-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Billsology

the difference between those two is that billick has done something with his career.. like win a superbowl.. haslett has just helped a talented team underperform every year... haslett is a crappy coach.. i really have no interest in him at all.

R. Rich
11-24-2003, 08:34 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I don't want Billick at all, and certainly not at the cost of our first round pick. Give up our pick when we need help on BOTH lines? I guess we could do 'business as usual' and keep drafting subpar offensive and defensive linemen in the later rounds, huh?

Jeff1220
11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Haslett, unfortunately, might be TD's #1 option. I heard somewhere that TD and Haslett still stay in touch (from their days when JH was the DC and TD was the GM in Pittsburgh), and that TD thinks very highly of him. Combine that with the fact that Haslett is an ex-Bill, and TD will almost certainly give him the first look of candidates.

Throne Logic
11-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Billick is a good coach. I don't know what R. Rich's problem is with him. He does a lot with what he has and takes time to explain it to the fans. What impresses me the most about him, is that he learns from his mistakes.

ryven
11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
The only two coaches I like so far is Billick and Coughlin so either of those two guys I would be happy with.

E-Klips
11-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Billick is okay. Sure he's an arrogant SOB, but I'm sure most coaches are in some way. He knew enough to leave the defense alone and ride them to a super bowl title. I still don't see any offensive genius from him, so that is a concern, but other than that he's good.

caveboy
11-24-2003, 02:21 PM
To win that SB, Billick also had/has the advantage of having all-world LB Ray Lewis and the Goose at NT. We got Gash and Henry, just need a 'Dilfer'. Lewis is the kind of playmaker we don't yet have – one that can single-handedly change the direction of a game.

(Maybe Spikes can become that guy, remains to be seen. Would love to have seen Billick with Cowart when he was still here.)

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Where has Ray Lewis gotten them in the last couple of years?

caveboy
11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
He sure made the difference yesterday in their win.

But I'm talking during that SB run. Soon as they shipped off Dilfer in favor of a QB that could take them into the future, the team went downhill. Losing Tony S. hurt them. Never understood the logic. Dilfer was good enough to run the offense, win them a SB, but not good enough to be thought of as their QB of the future.

baalworship
11-24-2003, 06:01 PM
A head coach that has already won a Sunperbowl. Hell, yeah. How could you NOT want that? Can anyone name the last bad coach to win the big one?

Gruden
Belichick
Billick
Vermeil
Shanahan
Shanahan
Mike Holmgren
Barry Switzer
George Seifert (maybe)
Jimmy Johnson
Jimmy Johnson
Joe Gibbs
Bill Parcells
George Seifert
Bill Walsh
Joe Gibbs
Bill Parcells
Mike Ditka

I like this list. Would take anybody on it.

Dozerdog
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Switzer is an awful head coach in the Pros. He can't recruit the top 100 HS players& run the wishbone in the NFL

He rode Jimmy Johnson's coat tails. Look how quick they fell apart - 2 seasons.

Turf
11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
I would be happy with Billick.

Billsouth
11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Billsology

BTW blink, perhaps its time to change your username....how about ublinkwepunt ?

:D

more like u blink we lose!!!

Billsouth
11-24-2003, 09:08 PM
quite frankly, i would be happeier with thurman thomas. he showed more emotion yesterday than all of our coaches combined.

i really think gw is an undercover agent for bud adams and the now tennessee titans who is still trying to make buffalo pay for the greatest comeback in nfl history. it started when they got to wade phillips and has continued since then. i think we may be able to get oliver stone to create a movie out of this plot line.