PDA

View Full Version : We hired Drew knowing he had brick feet

justasportsfan
11-23-2003, 11:19 PM
but he's been throwing bricks too. How many underthrown passes did he throw? Reeds diving catch that he didn't make was Drew's fault. Granted that Gilbrides sucks, so did Drew.

That last INT, Drew should've thrown that ball away. I am starting to think he sucks. He sucks under pressure and he's shown that time and again.He isn't a leader who can carry this team on his shoulders.

I am beyond any positive negative emotion as far as this season goes and am looking towards next year is the qb to get us to the sb. Even w/ great coaching there will be times when he will blow big games.

If he doesn't restructure his $$$. get him out and take Brunnell.
I doubt TD is about to try and fix his mistakes. GW ,Gilbride, Teague to name a few were his choices.

BillsFever
11-23-2003, 11:23 PM
He is one of the biggest stiffs in the league. I just knew the game would end by him turning the ball over.

justasportsfan
11-23-2003, 11:25 PM
This game was my upset special of the week and we could've. Drew actually was the reason why we didn't. This loss was on his shoulders. Henry ran well which should've opened the pass game and when our wr's did, Drew screwed up.

BillsFever
11-23-2003, 11:34 PM
We've been running well for 4 weeks and he has been pathetic. Drew just needs to hang it up.

fushetti
11-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Guys seriously....

It was Drew Bledsoes fault he threw that last INT? Didn't he get hit as he threw it?

Other than that long bomb early in the game, have we called a pass play where our receivers have run past 10 yards in the last, oh, i don't know, 8 games? I can't remember many.

Is it Bledsoes fault he takes a three step drop and people are in his face?

This whole damn team is infected by the ineptness of its coaching staff to adapt. How many weeks has it been known that if you blitz the interior of Buffalos OL, that the offense gets bogged down? Kevin Gilbride cannot adjust...won't adjust...and Drew gets killed. I'm sure the guy is gunshy by now, but what are they doing to help him out???

He's played ****ty, no doubt about it, but I can't believe its time for him to hang it up. No way.

Electrici
11-24-2003, 12:18 AM
i think that bomb in the first quarter was the first long pass ive seen from this team in weeks.

they should just lose the rest of the season and get themselves a decent draft spot and improve the offense. im liking what i see on the defensive side of things.

Cntrygal
11-24-2003, 03:49 AM
Since I didn't get to see the game, but shouldn't the WR's be held partially responsible then? How many passes that were "catchable" were dropped????????

Originally posted by Electrici
i think that bomb in the first quarter was the first long pass ive seen from this team in weeks.

they should just lose the rest of the season and get themselves a decent draft spot and improve the offense. im liking what i see on the defensive side of things.

Welcome to the Zone Electrici!

shelby
11-24-2003, 05:17 AM
The loss is not all on Drew. There is enough blame to go around.

BuffaloRanger
11-24-2003, 08:38 AM
If you know your QB is immobile and makes mistakesunder pressure, shouldn't an offseason priority be to upgrade the O-line, especially after a season in which he is sacked 55 times?

TD is such a super genius. I don't like that guy.

BillsFever
11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
There isn't an OL out there that could block for Drew.

For 11 years all you have heard is that Drew needs a new OL, new WR's, a better running game, and a new coach.

Nothing is gonna change folks. Bledsoe has sucked for years but now he's just a joke.

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by shelby

That's the point, Shelby! There IS plenty of blame to spread around. This is a very poorly coached football team. When GW says "We didn't execute," he's absolutely right. What you NEVER hear him say is "We CAN'T execute." And, truthfully, they'd never be able to execute on game day if they don't get it right during practices. Making blocks, adjusting for blitzes, and catching balls is BASIC stuff. GW/KG would rather be cute and clever than getting back to basics.

justasportsfan
11-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by shelby

There is enough blame to go around , but he was the main reason. If he was even average we would've won. He sucked. For all the $$$ and the first rd. we gave up for him, he hasn't even been average if we were to grade him at this point of the season.

I'd like to see what Van Pelt can bring to this team. Just like we call for GW and Gilbride to be fired since we have "nothing to lose", I'd like to see Van Pelt in there. I doubt that's gonna happen.

Sure he was pressured in that last play, a seasoned veteran would know to get rid of that ball a have another shot at least. He isn't playing like one. He's looking like a freaking rookie out there.

fushetti
11-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

There is enough blame to go around , but he was the main reason. If he was even average we would've won. He sucked. For all the $$$ and the first rd. we gave up for him, he hasn't even been average if we were to grade him at this point of the season.

I'd like to see what Van Pelt can bring to this team. Just like we call for GW and Gilbride to be fired since we have "nothing to lose", I'd like to see Van Pelt in there. I doubt that's gonna happen.

Sure he was pressured in that last play, a seasoned veteran would know to get rid of that ball a have another shot at least. He isn't playing like one. He's looking like a freaking rookie out there.

I thought Bledsoe was average. How did he lose the game for us Just? I didn't think he sucked yesterday. I think our offense sucks as a whole. our offensive coordinator is a bumbling idiot. our head coach is even worse. How is that all Drew's fault?

We've seen Van Pelt....many times. he's not bringin much. the most popular person on a football team is always the backup QB. I bet you were hollering for Frank Reich ten years ago to unseat Kelly.

This isn't like Rob Johnson. Rob sucked ass. he was the worst QB i've ever seen. Drew isn't the one losing games for us. Its the whole offense.

justasportsfan
11-24-2003, 03:11 PM
He sucked.I guess we both looked for different things. My focal point this game was to zero in on Drew. Although our wr's did drop passes Drew missed targets he should've made. For someone who supposedly has a strong/accurate arm, he couldn't hit his wr's in short passes.

it's no secret he get's rattled under pressure. That last hit and int was classic Drew. He made a bad decision under pressure and it got intercepted. Granted that the OL didn't hold up, he holds on to the ball when he should get rid of it and he throws it when he should've taken the sack and get another chance. All we needed was a freakin field goal for cryin out loud.

Like most people agree, there's a lot of blame to go around, but more is expected out of Drew. I'm sorry, but Rob had just as bad an OL Drew has right now but we at least have a better rb now and you would think Drew could do something with it.

The running game was good yesterday. If it wasn't for Moorman dropping that punt and rushing for the first down, 1 td would've been all we've had yesterday. That is not what I expected out of Drew.

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 04:01 PM
The secondary coverage sucked pretty badly, I thought. Playing Winfield in "prevent" mode all day long? What kind of moron calls something like that?

The Natrix
11-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Instead of spending millions to try and build a great offense around Bledsoe, wouldn't it be easier to get a QB who can succeed with the current offensive personel?

What is more expensive? -

TO, Winslow jr., a couple OL or a winning QB?

caveboy
11-24-2003, 04:36 PM
That's going to be the big question natrix. Do we get a QB to fit our system, or adapt a new system to our guys. When your QB's as, well, not mobile as Drew, the systems you can adapt to him aren't many.

You better have a kick-ass O-line. We don't. You need for him to have a LOT of available short-range passing options. We don't. Centers and Price bailed him out last year. He barely throws a screen now, and too many times overlooks Henry waving his arms in the flat. Instead trying to hit Moulds downfield.

Drewpac
11-25-2003, 08:46 AM
I agree. This guy sucks. We need a QB who can make decisions and get rid of the ball. I'm praying that we won't see Drew in a Bills uniform next season.

justasportsfan
11-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Granted that Manning has had his bad moments you can see that Manning has control over his team and Drew doesn't. There's no fire and passion in Drew's eyes. He's definitely a mirror of Rob Johnson except Rob could scramble and Drew is less injury prone.