PDA

View Full Version : WOW...We are truely the best fans in the NFL........

mackey789
11-24-2003, 07:08 AM
73,005 people came out yesterday to watch a 4-6 team with an inept head coach and a pathetic offense lose again. Honostly, nowhere else in the league would there be a complete sellout like that for such a dissapointing team. We all need to tip our caps to the fans of Buffalo and the way that we have supported this team...by far the BEST and most LOYAL fans in the NFL. Yesterday was probably the second loudest game i've been to all year and the crowd was into it the entire game. Unbelievable.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-24-2003, 07:44 AM
You need to get out of this area once in awhile. Just for an example there is a waiting list for Redskins tickets. They are sold out every game, every year. I think that Buffalo fans are OK, they are very fickle and are very easily swayed by the media.

I was at the game last year against Cincy, there were 50,000 people there, where were all the "great" Buffalo fans then?

mackey789
11-24-2003, 08:01 AM
In a market like this, about 1/25th of the size of washington, i would say we are pretty damn good. This is by far one of the best fanbases in the league. Kansas City, Green Bay, and Us. that Cincy game last year was the very last game of the year against one of the worst teams ever.

Rude American
11-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Try getting a Bears ticket. Or Packers.

We're good but I don't know about the best.

Rude American
11-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Besides, football's a novelty in Buffalo right now.

(jk)

R. Rich
11-24-2003, 08:15 AM
I think Bills fans do okay given the circumstances. I'll bet that once we win a championship, that's when season ticket sales will be good enough to possibly have a waiting list. All of those teams mentioned (Bears, Packers, and Chiefs) have at least one Lombardi Trophy. I don't know when they'll be ready to win a championship, but I'm sure it will help.

Patrick76777
11-24-2003, 08:37 AM
I hate this site. I'm really getting depressed! it may be time to bail.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Why is it that when you say something like I said about Washington, some a-hole has to jump on your exact words? Hey, I said that was one example. I've been to other NFL cities and they have the same dedicated fans, same tailgaters, same enthusiasm. Take off your rosed colored glasses. Buffalo has good fans when the team is winning.

Rude American
11-24-2003, 08:56 AM
The hopeless Lions sell out every game, even back in the days of the Silverdome.

(But, it is a dome...a bit easier to "brave" the elements.)

Rude American
11-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I'm really getting depressed!

That's the Downz's syndrome kicking in. Give it a few minutes. It'll pass.

Valerie
11-24-2003, 09:03 AM
I think the quietest staduim I've ever been in was the Meadowlands for the Jets v. Bills game. There's not a peep out of anyone. It's depressing. Don't the Jets/Giants sell out every year and have a waiting list too? And I think so do the Cowboys. I know the freaking Skins have a waiting list. God only knows why. Bills fans are good, but I don't think they're the best.

E-Klips
11-24-2003, 09:29 AM
The crowd yesterday was very lively! Especially on the last goal line stand; it was LOUD!!!!! One of the loudest games I have gone to in a number of years, even louder than the Miami game last year.

Billsbabee
11-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Why is it that when you say something like I said about Washington, some a-hole has to jump on your exact words? Hey, I said that was one example. I've been to other NFL cities and they have the same dedicated fans, same tailgaters, same enthusiasm. Take off your rosed colored glasses. Buffalo has good fans when the team is winning.

Attack the post.. not the poster please.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee

Your right, sorry.

Rude American
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee

It was borderline. I'd have let it slide and then kept a close eye on them. ;)

Billsbabee
11-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Your right, sorry.

No problem, we are all very frustrated and pissed about our team right now. ;)

NoRing4U
11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
What else is there to do in Buffalo on Sundays?

Stay at home and freeze your ass off? Might as well go to a game :hump:

I surely hope Buffalo fans didn't take their shirts off at the game. I heard it was pretty nice out.

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
What else is there to do in Buffalo on Sundays?

Stay at home and freeze your ass off? Might as well go to a game :hump:

I surely hope Buffalo fans didn't take their shirts off at the game. I heard it was pretty nice out.

Oh stop it!! har har:lolcry: Oh gosh,:lmao:

I don't care what everyone here says about you C-Ring, I love you. :bigwave:

XNOUGHT
11-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Pats fans used to be loud until we got the new stadium (and much higher ticket prices).

Our fans are a whine and cheese type crew instead of the usual gang of A-Holes :boring:

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by E-Klips
The crowd yesterday was very lively! Especially on the last goal line stand; it was LOUD!!!!! One of the loudest games I have gone to in a number of years, even louder than the Miami game last year.

We can partially thank Thurman Thomas for that. Did you see him up there under Kent Hull's name on the Wall of Fame getting everyone going? And I liked how he encouraged everyone to get loud in his acceptance speech.

AG75
11-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I would definitely say Bills fans are among the most supportive in the NFL!! The best? I don't think such a thing exists. Any city in the NFL that have very supportive fans will argue they are the best, but Buffalo has proven for the second smallest markets in the NFL with one of the largest stadiums that they are very, very loyal and supportive.

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Any team that has a fan who makes it to 160 straight home and away games has gotta be the best. :up:
http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/095849-5777-036.html