PDA

View Full Version : What Do You THINK Will Happen With The Coaches?

R. Rich
11-24-2003, 08:31 AM
I know we all have our opinions about who should stay and who should go. What I'd like to know is what you all think the Bills will do about the coaching staff this offseason. With the way the defense has played this year, do they just get rid of all their coaches and get an entirely new staff? Do they just look for a new head coach and offensive coordinator? Do they do nothing and keep the same people? What say you all?

E-Klips
11-24-2003, 10:31 AM
I say we all get ready for some other Donahoe cronie like Mike Mularkey to come in here as either the new OC or HC. They'll keep the defensive staff in place and either promoted LeBeau to head coach or hire Mularkey and then have him bring in his own offensive coordinator. It's not what I want, but that may be the way we're headed.

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 10:38 AM
With the way Pittsburgh has been playing, and with all the gadgets Mularkey has been trying to run on offense, I don't see TD wanting to go through THAT nightmare again (considering how KG has gone to great lengths to be cute for two years). Any new HC coming in is going to want to have the final say in hiring his assistants. LeBeau, if promoted, might keep SOME of the current staff-like Steckle, maybe-but still want quite a bit of autonomy. In any event, it's pretty certain that, whomever TD hires, it'll be with an eye toward fitting the coach(es) to the player personnel we have. I give TD that much credit. He's not as bad as people want to think. He looked pretty smart when we went from 3-13 to 8-8.

ryven
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
The three coaches I would get rid of are as follows Kevin Gilbride, Gregg Williams, and Pat Reul(then again how much of it was his fault considering whos making up the plays so I may keep him).
Gilbride has to go hes just horrable. Williams has no control of his staff any more. Reul verdictic is still out on him it may have been the calls by KG that makes him look bad or GW who played with the line.

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Gray has had an up-and-down season as Def Coor. Playing our CBs in prevent most of ther game, especially Winfield, was beyond stupid.