PDA

View Full Version : NY Daily News

SMM
11-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Buffalo is famous for two delicacies. One is roast beef on weck, which is overcooked mystery meat served on what appears to be a soft pretzel left over from the Sabres' last appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1999. The other is Buffalo wings, which consist of completely meatless chicken bones (this might be what goes into the roast beef on weck) that are coated in batter, fried and bathed in spices so hot you need to run outside and stick your head in a snowbank. Buffalo provides many of these year-round as a public service.
Forgive me, Buffalo. I solemnly vow that the next time I am forced to travel there on assignment, I will happily spend as much time and money as possible in your vibrant downtown.
As soon as you build one.
http://www.nydailynews.com/11-05-2002/sports/col/sross/story/139193p-123618c.html

Her email is
sross@edit.nydailynews.com

BUT she has it shut off right now....good thing I am a patient man.

E-Klips
11-24-2003, 11:39 AM
She's obviously one of those people who writes really antagonistic crap just to make a rep for themselves. Let's do her a favor and not make her famous.

Speaking of 'vibrant', nice photo of her.:puke:

saviorbledsoe
11-24-2003, 12:03 PM
I sent her a beautiful letter :) Subject: "Your Article Was Wonderful"

Text: "Next time you insult ..... I mean visit Buffalo you should invest money in their downtown by buying a bag for that head and then walk the streets you ugly whore. And, even though the picture of you is cut off slightly above your sagging breasts I can safely say that we all know the reason you only talk about food in your Buffalo review. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO comes to mind :) Have a winner there fattie"

That should teach her. I am not even from Buffalo but that pissed me off!

saviorbledsoe
11-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Bummer .....it was sent back.....I will keep trying till she gets it!

ArcticWildMan
11-24-2003, 12:10 PM
LMAO!!! :lol:

justasportsfan
11-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Emailing her won't get anywhere. Send an email to the newspaper's heads or her superior voicers@edit.nydailynews.com . She trashed an "AMERICAN" City for it's shotcommings. It's uncalled for just because of sports. Trashing the city is like trashing those who live there and trying to make things work. Hell, that's a slap on the city officials face who basicallly are part of the American government.

Some of the soldiers that fought and died for this country live there.

saviorbledsoe
11-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Emailing her won't get anywhere. Send an email to the newspaper's heads or her superior voicers@edit.nydailynews.com . She trashed an "AMERICAN" City for it's shotcommings. It's uncalled for just because of sports. Trashing the city is like trashing those who live there and trying to make things work. Hell, that's a slap on the city officials face who basicallly are part of the American government.

Some of the soldiers that fought and died for this country live there.

I see your point and it makes sense but I thought Id slap her right back....fire with fire.......if she wants a war of words I will battle rap slap he back into the hole she came from and I bet there are a few more posters on this board who could also do so.

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
:monte:

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 12:23 PM
She looks like she's on a massive chicken wing diet. Probably dips them in Mayo, sour cream, and Butter too. Fat disgusting pig.

E-Klips
11-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I sent her a beautiful letter :) Subject: "Your Article Was Wonderful"

Text: "Next time you insult ..... I mean visit Buffalo you should invest money in their downtown by buying a bag for that head and then walk the streets you ugly whore. And, even though the picture of you is cut off slightly above your sagging breasts I can safely say that we all know the reason you only talk about food in your Buffalo review. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO comes to mind :) Have a winner there fattie"

That should teach her. I am not even from Buffalo but that pissed me off!

Now tell her how you REALLY feel.

saviorbledsoe
11-24-2003, 12:26 PM
I think that when the cheesehog's email is back up we should also send her a link to this thread :)

Billsouth
11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
i just found out that she is related to gilbride

Jeff1220
11-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Since when are Buffalo Wings battered?

Throne Logic
11-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

I see your point and it makes sense but I thought Id slap her right back....fire with fire.......if she wants a war of words I will battle rap slap he back into the hole she came from and I bet there are a few more posters on this board who could also do so.

Although I understand your anger, responding with an email like this is the literary equivalent to leaving a burning paper bag filled with dog crap on her door step. She will only laugh at the immaturity of it and use it as backup support to her article.

You see, her article, although moralistically wrong in many ways, is well thought out. She took time out of her egotistical lifestyle to construct many colorful insults directed at one of America's blue collar cities. Clearly she was upset that she was wrenched away from her Manhattan apartment and high-nosed social crowd. Instead of delivering a focused and objective article regarding the event that she was sent to cover, she decided to use the opportunity to describe her hellish experience while visiting a true American community. I mean, look, she was forced to suffer through a bit of real life where the food staples are wings and Beef on Weck instead of caviar and $75 Fillet Mignon.

Please don't offer her any fuel for her fire. She is not worthy of the response. Just let it go. For people like her, the best punishment is to take away what she craves the most - attention.

LtBillsFan66
11-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I find this entertaining.

Throne Logic
11-24-2003, 12:47 PM
BTW, it's perfectly health to vent at the Jersey in-bred, blue-blooded wench here on the website. :biggrin:

SMM
11-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I find this entertaining.

cuz you're from YONKERS....jerk! :baghead:

LtBillsFan66
11-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by SMM
cuz you're from YONKERS....jerk! :baghead:

lol.

Welcome back, baghead.

ArcticWildMan
11-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

.....Clearly she was upset that she was wrenched away from her apartment and high-nosed social crowd. .

....... I mean, look, she was forced to suffer through a bit of real life where the food staples are wings and Beef on Weck instead of caviar and $75 Fillet Mignon.

Please don't offer her any fuel for her fire. She is not worthy of the response. Just let it go. For people like her, the best punishment is to take away what she craves the most - attention.

Jaded wrote an article? :huh:

bobblehead
11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
I would offer that she should solemnly swear to spend as much time and money as possible on a treadmill. And a salad or two.

Earthquake Enyart
11-24-2003, 02:31 PM
She looks like Liberace in a wig.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-24-2003, 02:57 PM
My letter:

Dear Sir,

I can handle certain people "picking" on the city of Buffalo or like you with the food, but for someone from Jersey who are famous for two things:

1. a mysterious devil
2. garbage

I don't think you have the right to say anything about any other place in the world.

Then again, I see your point. You are a woman sports writer and I am sure that you are trying to get people to take you seriously by trying to make some real bad joke. I'm sure that when you and the other yentas you hang around with think it is absolutely hilarious, but believe me when I say this, you aren't funny. I actually find it hard to believe you have a job in sports with the way you write.

Another thing, there are reasons people that look like you are on the radio or in a newspaper.

Sincerely,
Buffalonian.

The Spaz
11-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
My letter:

Dear Sir,

I can handle certain people "picking" on the city of Buffalo or like you the food, but for someone from Jersey who are famous for two things:

1. a mysterious devil
2. garbage

I don't think you have the right to say anything about any other place in the world.

Then again, I see your point. You are a woman sports writer and I am sure that you are trying to get people to take you seriously by trying to make some real bad joke. I'm sure that when you and the other yentas you hang around with think it is absolutely hilarious, but believe me when I say this, you aren't funny. I actually find it hard to believe you have a job in sports with the way you write.

Another thing, there are reasons people that look like you are on the radio or the newspaper.

Sincerely,
Buffalonian.

:clap:

SMM
11-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Our members at NYCBBB have been writing replies, this is my favorite:

The Buffalo-bashing article has been written for years - all you're doing is
parroting the same old stereotypes. Had you bothered to explore Buffalo,
you might have found out some interesting facts and written an article worth
reading.

Did you know that Buffalo contains the Albright Knox Art Gallery? This is
one of the premier modern art museums in the country. Don't believe me?
The New York Times (NY's premier newspaper) recently referred to this
Buffalo, N.Y., museum as "one of the nation's best collections of modern
art."

Did you know that Buffalo's park system was designed by Frederick Law
Olmstead? Yes, the same man who designed Central Park.

Did you know that Buffalo is home to 5 Frank Lloyd Wright masterpieces? The
Darwin Martin House, the Walter Davidson House, the George Barton house &
the gardener's cottage and Greycliffs.

Did you know that Buffalo is home to a Philharmonic, two large and
recognized theatres (Sheas & Studio Arena ) and many smaller theatres such
as Alleyway, Irish Classical, Kavinoky, etc.?

Did you know that downtown Buffalo is growing every day? Not only does
Chippewa host a myriad of bars and clubs for the younger set but there are
also places to listen to live music, eat great food and oh yes, visit a
gallery or play.

Did you know that there are lots of food options beyond chicken wings and
beef on weck? Restaurants like Fiddleheads, Left Bank, Rue Franklin and
Tsunami exist in Buffalo and they are as good as what you can find in New
York City.

Did you know Buffalo was named an All-American city?

Next time, take the time and effort to really do your research before you
write an article. You might have learned something and you might have
taught your readers something. Buffalo has problems - bad economic planning
being the premier one. However, there is a lot more to Buffalo than chicken
wings & sports teams & snow in the winter. Its a shame you weren't smart
enough to see it.

Earthquake Enyart
11-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Fiddleheads? :eek:

TedMock
11-24-2003, 03:13 PM
here's what I sent....

Sherry,

I'm a native Buffalonian and I was extremely offended by your gross inaccuracies regarding the food there. To call hand-carved roast beef mystery meat is ridiculous. You also mentioned that the wings were coated in batter and hot. Not true AT ALL. First off, a true Buffalonian would NEVER bread their wings. Secondly, everyone who's never had wings there assumes that they all come in hot and nothing else. Also false. They come in quite a few flavors, not just hot and extra hot. These meatless chicken bones you refer to are actually those served in most other places, not in Buffalo. I'm sure you're not the only columnist to have a problem with Bucky Gleason but why insult the entire city with totally false and ignorant statements? You should come for a visit and I'm sure you'll change your mind.

LtBillsFan66
11-24-2003, 03:28 PM
here's what I sent:

That was one funny article!

Sincerely,

billsfanone

SMM
11-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
here's what I sent....

Sherry,

I'm a native Buffalonian and I was extremely offended by your gross inaccuracies regarding the food there. To call hand-carved roast beef mystery meat is ridiculous. You also mentioned that the wings were coated in batter and hot. Not true AT ALL. First off, a true Buffalonian would NEVER bread their wings. Secondly, everyone who's never had wings there assumes that they all come in hot and nothing else. Also false. They come in quite a few flavors, not just hot and extra hot. These meatless chicken bones you refer to are actually those served in most other places, not in Buffalo. I'm sure you're not the only columnist to have a problem with Bucky Gleason but why insult the entire city with totally false and ignorant statements? You should come for a visit and I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Did it bounce back? Her email has been off all day..

LtBillsFan66
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
I like Buffalo, in a small town type of way.

TedMock
11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by SMM

Did it bounce back? Her email has been off all day..

yes it did. I'll keep trying.

TedMock
11-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I like Buffalo, in a small town type of way.

I don't think Buffalo has a small town feel (some of the suburbs do). I lived in Central NY for awhile and there's definitely a difference. Obviously it's a totally different feel from NY but it's actually not that different a feel as to Baltimore. Remember, I'm talking about the actual city of Buffalo. My job has taken me out of Buffalo but I do miss it. My wife's originally from Long Island but I told her that if we ever move back to NY, it'll be Buffalo or somewhere near it. I can only stand L.I. for about 2 days at a time before I start freaking out but I still have respect for the place.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2003, 05:47 PM
i wonder how much she charges to haunt a house.

AG75
11-24-2003, 06:27 PM
The irony of it all is she is from New Jersey!! Not that I am picking on NJ mind you, but Buffalo and NJ jokes pretty much go hand in hand. She would have stood out and made a bigger statement by NOT doing the obvious and actually pointing out the positive in Buffalo, not something old and and tired like Buffalo bashing.

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Would you actually expect a native of New Jersey to do the right thing, though?