PDA

View Full Version : I may be changing my mind here

ryjam282
11-24-2003, 02:05 PM
When we got to the 1/2 inch line and didn't punch it in on 1st down, right after the play they showed Gregg on the sidelines speaking to his headset and you could cleary see him say "RUN IT AGAIN, RUN IT AGAIN." and low and behold we did. I mean what if it all isn't his fault. I mean I know he has made a few bad decisions, punting and going for long field goals. But, I think he may have been in a position with Gilbride that maybe TD hired him so Gregg couldn't do much since TD was the hiring guy there. Maybe Gregg just said enough of the crap, RUN THE FRIGGIN BALL and Gilbride had to do what he said. Just my thoughts but give me some of yours so I don't think I am going insane. Also, I thought this game was very well called from the offensive side with the use of Henry. He has ran like a missle all year and he finally got a bunch of chances this week. If not for the holding call late in the game he would have been over 100 again for the 4th straight game. Hey Gilbride, when it is 3rd and long and you know they are blitzing the house, instead of dropping Drew back, mix in a damn draw, or screen pass ya damn idiot. I hate you.

Ryan
GO BILLS!!!:hang:

BidsJr
11-24-2003, 02:18 PM
I saw the same thing.

He waited until week 12 to do this.

Season is already over. Too little too late.

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 02:19 PM
:lolcry: I hate KG too man, but I see your point on GW, but he's one day late and a dollar short. Where was he all those "other" times when KG needed someone in his ear yelling "Run the F***IN balll!!" GW is DONE, and KG goes without saying.

justasportsfan
11-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Pfff! I was waiting to read his lips say" Bench Drew, Bench Drew"

ryven
11-24-2003, 02:50 PM
I think if we atleast got a OC this offseason GW might actually fair out not because he is great coach but because he has a good supporting crew. most of the blame is with KG but at the same time I blame GW for not care of business earlier.

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 03:56 PM
While I partly agree with you ryven, It's just too late for him.

TedMock
11-24-2003, 04:00 PM
I think it's too late for GW as well. I think the guy's a very good defensive coach who isn't necessarily a head coach yet. His biggest fault was not putting his foot down with KG. KG is by far and away the biggest problem this team has. he did call a much better game overall yesterday but in the end he screwed up.

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2003, 04:40 PM
I thought the play calling was much improved yesterday. We ran the ball more than usual, and more than the pass. Especially that Sammy Morris TD, it was great.

If GW is overriding KG in the play calling. Great for him. But like everyone here has said, it's too late for GW to save his job now.

And no, I don't feel sorry for him at all for not having a backbone in 11 weeks to override KG in the first place.

Don't let the door hit you Williams. :church:

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ryven
I think if we atleast got a OC this offseason GW might actually fair out not because he is great coach but because he has a good supporting crew.

Keep dreaming! In three years, ONE animated display on the sidelines means he's finally got a clue? Fat chance! Now that our expectations have sunk to celebrating "moral victories" we can keep GW and KG 'til the end of the season-just for a few more laughs. Lord knows, they're a laugh riot!

BAM
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Don't let the door hit you Williams. :church:

I agree. See below...

:D

nolimit
11-24-2003, 05:24 PM
i honestly do have alot of empathy for gregg! He has done his best and his players have played for him , but he just doesnt have it as a head coach! I'm not mad at him nor do i despise him because he gave it his all! I've actually grown tired of the mocking, and I wish Gregg the best where ever he ends up.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Now that our expectations have sunk to celebrating "moral victories" we can keep GW and KG 'til the end of the season-just for a few more laughs. Lord knows, they're a laugh riot!

we're better off being coached by gary the ******,from the howard stern show,if we're looking for a couple of laughs.

helmetguy
11-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
we're better off being coached by gary the ******,from the howard stern show,if we're looking for a couple of laughs.

Aren't he and GW one and the same?

ryven
11-24-2003, 06:26 PM
O I agree its to late for him but I just wish he would have put his foot down earlier if thats the case.