X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

blah

unfortunately, or maybe very fortunate, i have had to work just about every Sunday 130-10 and have only seen little bits of Bills football this year. I would come on hear to read what you guys have to say, but never really got a chance to develop an opinion to share.

Well, this week, I took work off and made the trip out to Buffalo for the game yesterday. First off, I was very impressed with our fellow fans, 70K+! Unbelievable.

Salary cap wise..what hurts us more? Keeping Bledsoe, or cutting him? I still think if you put him in an explosive offense, that he could get the job done. But, I don't think that's the direction we should be going in. We need a game manager at QB, and control the tempo of the game with our stingy 'd' and Henry. Then every now and then, find a way to get Moulds the ball. I almost wish we went with Van Pelt in the WCO for a year and drafted someone like a Ken Dorsey (the future AVP IMO). A very run-oriented WCO. But that's in the past now.

Can AVP = Dilfer. I'm not so sure he can't. He's got everyone's respect, something I'm not sure Drew even wants. Draft a QB, go w/AVP, spend the bucks on a pass rusher? Just a thought.

I've heard the argument that Bledsoe didnt lose the game yesterday. Neither did Justin Bannan. Neither did Terrence McGee. But Drew is making that much more money than them, just about everyone on the team. You don't pay a player that much money to not lose games, they are supposed to be the reason you win them. He just for whatever reason seam as though he doesnt have it. Confidence maybe? Spiting gilbride?
    to be honest, i dont care. He's not helping us win ball games.

back in the day, when I watched the Bills, I always had this feeling that they would find a way to pull it out when they were losing. Well, yesterday, the whole time I sat there, thinking, we are going to blow this somehow. It's how the players seem to play now. I knew all along, didn't matter how many times we stopped them on the goaline, because come fourth down, theyd get in somehow. We lost that winning swagger. Wade didn't have it, and GW sure as hell doesn't.

I think besides the obvious (new coaching staff) we are very, very close to a championship caliber team. We need another pass rusher, a playmaking FS, 1/2 more O-Lineman, and 1 more playmaker on offense (WR/TE). I've said all along that Mike williams should be a RG. He would be dominant there. Put Jennings back at RT where he belongs. Draft a LT with a top 3 round pick in the draft and have him compete with Teague. Sign 1 of the several legit C's in FA.

LT-Teague/rook
    LG-Brown
    C-FA
    RG-Mike Williams
    RT-Jennings

Last but not least, I thought Thurman was the man yesterday! he was always my fav. player. He really got everyone riled up. You'd swear he had more heart in that game than half our offense.
    Any thoughts?
    Its all about the quest.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

I was pretty excited to see Thurm in the crowd getting everyone all crazy and stuff. I wish that he, and the rest of us, didn't have to witness yet another loss.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

I nodded off there mid-way through your novel, but I agree with almost everything you said. Thurman was awesome, and the crowd really got going. I really thought we would pull that one out when TT juiced up the crowd.
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Drew wasn't expected to be the savior of this team. He was expected to at least be a leader. Instead he's become a liability. Part of the problem a major part at that.

A "great" player should at least perform at a certain level even when playing for a lost cause or stupid coaches. Just like Spikes was when he was w/ the bengals.

Drew" Anything less than a playoff appearance is a disappointment".

No Drew, you're the biggest disappoinment !!! Before we blame a first time coach, a 2nd yr. wr, rookie OLman, you are supposed to be a seasoned veteran. Your'e playing like you're no better than Rob Johnson without the injuries.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
        X