PDA

View Full Version : The Bills need to cut Rueben Brown loose after this season.

mchurchfie
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
He has had an over-rated career and IMO is a very average to sometimes good Guard. He has a history of mental errors throughout his career...false starts are his forte. I think that he has survived here in Buffalo not because he was so good, but because everyone around him was so bad. Yesterday, when he rolled out the red carpet for Chad Bratzke to come in and almost decapitate Bledsoe, forcing him into throwing an interception thus sealing our defeat was inexcusable for a veteran lineman. I say show him and his big contract the door by next season. This clown is just way too comfortable with his present situation.:down:

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 03:44 PM
I agree:up:

lordofgun
11-24-2003, 03:49 PM
HE had an awesome block yesterday on TH's TD run. He drove the guy 10+ yards right into the end zone.

It was freaking sweet.

mchurchfie
11-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
HE had an awesome block yesterday on TH's TD run. He drove the guy 10+ yards right into the end zone.

It was freaking sweet.

That's what drives you crazy with him. He'll have a block like that and then turn around make a boneheaded play like he did when he let Bratzke waltz in on Drew or he'll have about 2 or 3 False Starts in a game...that is just lack of focus and is inexcusable after awhile. This guy has been let off the hook his whole career:shakeno:

IHateTheDullphins
11-24-2003, 03:55 PM
He's a catch-22

Michael82
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Move him to RG and find someone else to block Bledsoe's blindside.

BAM
11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Since everyone seems to believe he is the man, maybe we could get a nice trade for him or something :D

SABURZFAN
11-24-2003, 05:29 PM

It was freaking sweet.

:scratch:

i thought s.morris scored the TD.

Novacane
11-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Move him to RG and find someone else to block Bledsoe's blindside.

leave him at LG........dump Bledsoe for Brunell, and get a good RG to protect Brunells blindside.

Eiter that or cut him:hamrhed:

juice
11-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Ruebon is the only Wiley veteran on this soft line, we need to bring in a line coach who can instill some attitude into this group of Mr. Nice Guys. What other Bills lineman goes to the Pro Bowl, I dont think an offsides penalty is the lines problem. ACC

BuffaloRanger
11-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Dump Brown for who? We already need a new center and RG.

TD decided the O-line was a strength of this team. He made no attempt to improve them. Why is anyone surprised at the O-line play? They gave up 55 sacks last year when Drew had more targets (Centers, Price) to throw to.

Dozerdog
11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Unfortunatly, all you lose with cutting Brown is an all pro guard, not any cap space. The Bills will only save under $100,000 .

Since we have no one to put in there to replace him, it's a foolish move.

Turf
11-24-2003, 08:26 PM

It was freaking sweet.

I don't know if anyones mentioned this, but you aint looking very good lately LOG......

The_Philster
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I don't know if anyones mentioned this, but you aint looking very good lately LOG......
lately? :scratch:

Halbert
11-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

lately? :scratch:
:rofl:

lordofgun
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter

Well, whoever scored, it was a nice block.

Tatonka
11-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Dump Brown for who? We already need a new center and RG.

TD decided the O-line was a strength of this team. He made no attempt to improve them. Why is anyone surprised at the O-line play? They gave up 55 sacks last year when Drew had more targets (Centers, Price) to throw to.

exactly.. replace him with who? we got enough damn problems on the oline right now.. getting rid of an average to good LG seems foolish at this point.

XNOUGHT
11-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Trade him to the Pats so you can get some revenge for us unloading Bledsoe on you.

:couch: :biggrin:

juice
11-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Brown by far is the best lineman the Bills have. ACC