• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Does Bledsoe Suck?

Yeah Bledsoe Sucks. I mean he only owns a buttload of NFL passing records and took a team to a Superbowl. I mean QBs like him grow on trees. That stuff he did last year...you know the records he broke of that other bum Jim Kelly and how he took a team with absolutely no defense from 3-13 to 8-8 was such a fluke. You are right too...he should have seen that rush coming yesterday while he was looking for an open reciever ....you know considering he had 1 second to do it in.

What a lousy QB! Man I wish we had Rob Johnson back because Drew ALWAYS gets up when he is sacked instead missing 12 of 16 starts. And this guy has no class. He never takes any of the blame when things go bad and does absolutley nothing in the community, especially in the feild of better parenting.

God this guy sucks....we should probably draft someone as good as Carson Palmer or Rien Lief or Drew Breeze and let them sit for a year and then wait 3 more years for them to become a capable QB. OR we can get a washed up QB like Brunnel and have his injuries keep him out all season or maybe we should have taken Jeff Blake because he is so good.

I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just be sure to put your brand new shiny Superbowl Ring on your middle finger year after next Drew....so you can show it way up high to all the haters.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by saviorbledsoe; 11-24-2003, 07:58 PM.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Everything you say about Drew is true. He has a great deal of talent. Right now he also carries an abysmal QB rating.

I heard on the radio a term applied to Drew. A sports talk guy (Buldog of WGR radio called him "high maintenance." By that I surmise he meant that while Bledsoe is very talented, he also needs circumstances to be just right for him to tap that awesome talent.

He needs excellent protection from his offensive line. He needs a system that is taylored to his abilities. That is, he has done well when he's got an outlet receiver exactly where he expects him to be, has a good ground game, and receivers who can stretch the field.

The last two years he has been working in an offensive system that makes demands of him that he has trouble meeting. There are two many reads he has to make and his pass protection has been inconsistent. He has become tentative. He's making a lot of off target throws. He could yet become a successful QB for the Bills for a whole season, but he will never do it under Kevin Gilbride. Also, his current contract is not practical. He would need to renegotiate to make it a lot more cap friendly. After all if he needs all those things to succeed, the Bills are going to have to spend some money on those things. He present contract is going to eat a lot of cap dollars if the Bills have to pay that second tier bonus. His play this season frankly doesn't warrant it.

There are other QBs with less of an arm, less pure talent than Bledsoe who seem to cope better with less than ideal conditions. It makes for a difficult choice facing the Bills this offseason.

Without being sarcastic, I admire Bledsoe's pure talent, but I wonder if both he and Buffalo might be better off with a fresh start. BTW, I'm also assuming that no matter what happens to Bledsoe or GW, Kevin Gilbride is history.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Hey savior, I realize that Drew is talented, good looking, a good role model, takes the blame and has a rocket arm. But there's one other thing you forgot that Drew is too: a .500 quarterback.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      also cheese

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

Yes he does suck. He is by far the most overrated QB in the history of overrated football players. Everyone in the media continues to talk about the talent he has. They said the same about Johnson. They talk about his physical characteristics how he is tall with a strong arm. Again same thing about Johnson. One thing they do say about him is he holds on to the ball too long and can’t make reads fast enough.

HEY GUESS WHAT!??!! SAME WITH JOHNSON!!!!!!

We got a higher priced screw up than what we had before. We just get lucky and may be able to get rid of him next year and not take any cap hit
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Travis Hunter
          • Jul 2002

Drew has no concept of the short game. Watch Brad Johnson tonight. Brady.
          Yeah Drew has the arm of a football HOF'er. But he doesn't get the short game. In today's NFL, you need the short game BEFORE you need the arm.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jul 2003

Did you people even read my post????!!!!!!!?????????

The guy has NFL RECORDS!!!!!!!! and most of JIM KELLYS TOO!

He took his team to the Superbowl. How DARE YOU compare him to Rob Johnson! WTF did he ever do!???????????? Besides get hurt every time he got hit! Are you people forgeting last year????? You people make me laugh. Good thing TD isnt as dumb as ya'll.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I read your post even AFTER you called Jim Kelly a BUM!

A good QB will find a way to get rid of the ball even when the pocket is collapsing around him. I don't see Drew fitting into that catagory. Instead, I see him collapsing every time!

He sucks!
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

He took his team to the Superbowl. How DARE YOU compare him to Rob Johnson! WTF did he ever do!???????????? Besides get hurt every time he got hit! Are you people forgeting last year????? You people make me laugh. Good thing TD isnt as dumb as ya'll.

So....What do all these "NFL RECORDS" do for us now? Nothing, because come gametime, records mean squat. Blew Deadsoe is washed up, IMO until he proves me wrong, but he's got alot of work to do if that's ever gonna happen.
                Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jul 2003

Im glad the decision is not in any of your hands on who the QB is then! So you will have to live with Drew and I will get to see him hoist the Lombardy Trophy over his head next January. And by the way MYBILLS.....Jim Kelly is my all time favorite football player...calling him a bum was part of the sarcasm....thought you all would see that.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                    New and Improved!!
                    • Aug 2003

Im glad the decision is not in any of your hands on who the QB is then! So you will have to live with Drew and I will get to see him hoist the Lombardy Trophy over his head next January. And by the way MYBILLS.....Jim Kelly is my all time favorite football player...calling him a bum was part of the sarcasm....thought you all would see that.
                    I truly hope you are right, Savior.
                    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                      Drew has no concept of the short game. Watch Brad Johnson tonight. Brady.
                      Yeah Drew has the arm of a football HOF'er. But he doesn't get the short game. In today's NFL, you need the short game BEFORE you need the arm.
                      He had a good short game when he had Keith Byars and Ben Coates. Yes, he does hold on too long at times and combine that with poor pass blocking and it's a disaster. I don't think he's forgotten how to throw a short pass, I really believe that it is this system. HE'S OVERRATED. I won't argue with that at all. He also does not suck. I've seen in several places people knocking him because he performs best with a good line and good players around him. No kidding! Isn't that true for every single player on every single team on both sides of the ball? He does have a great arm and he has a great play action. He's also extremely im-mobile. There are also mobile QB's with no arm strength or no accuracy. There a very few who have it all. McNair and Vick but that's about it. Culpepper and McNabb can both run and have strong arms but both are very inaccurate passers. A good coach utilizes a players strengths. Gilbride does not do this. Instead he's in love with a system and refuses to make adjustments which has done nothing but expose weaknesses. Not just in Bledsoe but in several of the offensive players. There are times that he should just throw the ball away, no argument here. There are also times that he has no clue where the "safety" routes are going so he's taking sacks. We can see the guys open on TV but when you're on the field it's a totally different thing especially when there aren't set routes for the RB's and TE's.

Comment

• gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

I think Drew is a great guy and all, but he has sucked this year, no doubt about it. In all actuality, it started the second half of last season. I mean this season he is 12th in the AFC with a 73.1 passer rating, with 6 TDs and 9 INTS, not to mention the crapload of fumbles. Not spectacular numbers by no means. Hard to argue with the numbers when on national tv we see him stare down 1 guy and throw the pick.
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

What has he done for us lately?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Bledsoe sure has been the Bills "savior" hasn't he. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsFever
                              Mr. Predictament
                              • Feb 2003

Emmitt Smith is the leading rusher in the history of the NFL. I guess that still makes him a good RB?

Bruce Smith is about to break the sack record. I guess that still makes him a good DE?

Kurt Warner has 2 Super Bowl apperances and 1 victory over the last 5 years. I guess that still makes him a good QB?

Personal records mean *****t. The records I care about in Bledsoe is his career .500 winning percentage, his 50/50 split in Touchdowns and Turnovers in his career, his 2-18 road record against winning teams over the last 20 games, and his 17-33 record over his last 50 games.

Bledsoe is washed up. The longer you hold out on hope the longer this franchise is gonna suffer.

Comment

Working...
                              X