PDA

View Full Version : If Williams and Gilbride do get fired

Rude American
11-25-2003, 09:03 AM
will they ever work in the NFL again, or are their careers doomed?

Jan Reimers
11-25-2003, 09:06 AM
They may work in the NFL again - as ticket takers, ushers, or locker room attendants.

doug45
11-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
will they ever work in the NFL again, or are their careers doomed?

PLEASE don't say "IF".

justasportsfan
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
GW will not have a problem finding a DC job. I wouldn't mind having him as a DC. I know some guys just want him gone , period. I on the other hand want what's best for this team and GW is a good DC. HC is just too much for him.

timfromjersey
11-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I don't think firing a head coach and then making him a DC is ever gonna happen. Won't work, the coach is damaged goods. Egos are involved, player's respect are an issue, an the fan's like myself, freakin hate him.

Query: Has this ever occured in the History of the NFL and was it succesful?

Personally, I'd like to see him and Gilbride run out of town on a rail.

helmetguy
11-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Both guys will eventually have NFL jobs again. Regardless of "work product" they do have "experience," so that will go in their favor. We won't have to worry about these guys collecting unemployment.

fabolouspaul
11-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Gray needs to figure out some schemes to force sacks and turnovers!!!!

Dozerdog
11-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Williams will go back to being a DC somewhere- maybe even the titans if their staff gets plundered if they go far in the playoffs. Gillbride is done as an OC- if he wants to stay in the NFL it will be as a QB coach or something. I can see him as a head coach in the NCAA at one of those smaller Div 1 programs out west that might still use the run & shoot-

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2003, 11:41 AM
I think both will end up HC in college football. GW at some sorry program like Kansas, and Gilbride at some Texas or California school.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-25-2003, 12:04 PM
I think we all need to get something straight about GW. His contract is up this year. The Bills don't need to fire him at the end of the season. KG does have a contract next season.

Throne Logic
11-25-2003, 12:24 PM
GW will have a DC job somewhere.

Gilbride will also find work, unfortunately, 'cuz he's one of those golden boys who can't seem to do wrong enough for some people. Why TD allowed him to come to Buffalo was beyond me when it happened and really beyond me now.

helmetguy
11-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I think we all need to get something straight about GW. His contract is up this year. The Bills don't need to fire him at the end of the season. KG does have a contract next season.

We know that. When we say "Fire GW," we mean, like yesterday. That won't happen before the end of the season. Letting GW finish the season allows him to save face a bit. By not extending his contract, or offering a new one, it is tantamount to "firing" him.

Rude American
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Tom Donahoe should be forced to leave too, for bringing those morons in. That was really poor decision making.

juice
11-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Gray needs to figure out some schemes to force sacks and turnovers!!!!

Those scemes are known as DEs. Lebeu was bought in for just that purpose and he "Invented" the zone blitz. If we had End rush the Blitz Schemes would work, and opposing QB's would be forced into interceptions and fumbles. ACC

juice
11-25-2003, 02:16 PM
Gray has built a top three defense, could be #1 if our line rush could get some pressure on so the DBs can get Int. I'd keep him no matter what happens.

caveboy
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Rude pray tell, I think their lives in professional sports would in fact be over, forcing them to return to academia, or perhaps their research work in the private sector in hopes of discovering a cure for cancer. Or perhaps they may return to coaching Pop Warner.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by doug45

PLEASE don't say "IF".

:laughter:

The_Philster
11-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Someone will be desperate enough to use them. Heck, look at how RJ has latched onto the Raiders after all his failures.

Originally posted by doug45
PLEASE don't say "IF".

I was thinking the same thing. :eek: