X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Jim Fassel

Newsday has said he is all but fired come the end of the season. If that happens, would he be worth a look as head coach here? He took the Giants to the superbowl, and seems to be decent. Thoughts?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

Go from one sucky coach to another? no thanks.
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

I think the has just had a bad year and he is fairly accomplished atleast more than GW hes worth a look at ther very least that isn't going to kill us.

Comment

• clumping platelets

After going for the safety last night, I like Jim Fassel. I won $. I had taken the Bucs -5.5 and they won by 6

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Talk about trying to be a Belichick wanna-be. But instead they botched it beyond recognition.

Comment

• caveboy
            • Oct 2003

GW's press conference's are more upbeat than Fossils. ;-]

Seriously, watching the Giants down here and getting all the NYC post-game interviews, he never appears happy with how the team does, even if they win. Maybe that's what we need from GW, more pessimism.

I'd have to say though, that it's tough to judge what Fossil can do since he's been burdened with Mary Collins as his QB, an average back-up at best IMO.
            "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Didn't see the game. Coaching fault occur?

I feel Fassel would be an improvement. IMHO the gint's pee-poor record has more to do with on-field errors than the staff.

I don't know what staff could solve the bills problem of near-zero bench stength, tho...
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

Fassel...................no thanks

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

The Giants look like the Bills this season- continually self destructing. Remember the Dallas/Giants MNF game? terrible special teams coaching and they blow the game with a kick out of bounds with 16 seconds left .

example from last night -

17-13 late- Giants deep in their own territory trying to mount a last drive. 3rd and 10, Collins gets sacked back againsthteir goal line. 4th and 19, clock winds down to the 2 minute warning.

Here is where it gets stupid- The Giants use the 3 minutes to discuss what they want to do, send out Collins on 4th and 19 from the 2. Then they call a time out!!!! Their last!! After burning up their precious last TO, they decide to take a safety (just like the pats did on MNF vs the Broncos- except the Pats had some T/O's and the 2 minute warning to get the ball back)

They send out the punter, they intentionally snap it over the head- take the safety - and try to attempt the onside kick on the ensuing free kick.

What a waste and absolutely worst clock management I ever saw. I would have sent in 5 WR's and try the 4th and 19 conversion. I would have instructed the QB to eat the ball and try the safety if no one was open- and at least would have had a TO left.

It was crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X