PDA

View Full Version : 2 first round picks and 40+ million dollars

BillsFever
11-25-2003, 02:43 PM
This is what we have spent on QB's over the last 5 years and we're still looking for a QB of the future. Bledsoe, Johnson, and Flutie have already sent this franchise back 5 years and even more to come.

Imagine what this team could've done with 2 first round picks and 40 million dollars over the last 5 years?

SABURZFAN
11-25-2003, 02:48 PM
don't forget the 4th round pick too.

Dozerdog
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
I hate to say it but 8 million for your QB's is the going rate these days.

So Mr hindsight- who was your QB of choice in 1998? Todd Collins again? AVP?

Flutie was a freebie- he cost us nothing in 1998 and turned the season around. He quite possibly saved the franchise from moving- those luxury box sales were going nowhere and the lease was close to being voided.

Unfortunately, he wasn't a long term solution.

Whatever money you think you would have saved would have gone toward retaining Willey, and a few aging vets like Smith and Washington. Those guys would be retiring soon anyway.

Dozerdog
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Funny thing is, we sent 2 QBs to the pro bowl in that period.

BillsFever
11-25-2003, 03:02 PM
8 million dollars is the going rate for QB's?

Starting QB's not making an average of 8 million dollars a year

Ramsey
Blake
Kitna
Brady
Green
Brooks
Bulger
Carter
Fiedler
Maddox
Brees
Pennington
Hasselback
B. Johnson
Plummer
Delohhme
McNair
Culpepper

I don't have actual numbers but them are just the ones off the top of my head.

Sure QB's can get up to 8+ million on the back end of a long term deal but only young, franchise, and productive QB's will average 8 million dollars a season.

Historian
11-26-2003, 06:06 AM
That number made me do a double take, I must admit.

saviorbledsoe
11-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

So Mr hindsight- who was your QB of choice in 1998? Todd Collins again? AVP?

Flutie was a freebie- he cost us nothing in 1998 and turned the season around. He quite possibly saved the franchise from moving- those luxury box sales were going nowhere and the lease was close to being voided.

Unfortunately, he wasn't a long term solution.

Whatever money you think you would have saved would have gone toward retaining Willey, and a few aging vets like Smith and Washington. Those guys would be retiring soon anyway.

Mr Hindsight :bravo: I know the future!!!! .....Just after it has already happened ........ROFLMAO

Earthquake Enyart
11-26-2003, 09:01 AM
The guy with glasses on a dog's ass calling someone else Mr. Hindsight. :snicker:

Rude American
11-26-2003, 09:03 AM
We could have had Khari Jones.

Ð
11-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Rusty Jones would stand a better chance of starting in the NFL

SABURZFAN
11-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
The guy with glasses on a dog's ass calling someone else Mr. Hindsight. :snicker:

:laughter:

Dozerdog
11-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
8 million dollars is the going rate for QB's?

Starting QB's not making an average of 8 million dollars a year

Ramsey
Blake
Kitna
Brady
Green
Brooks
Bulger
Carter
Fiedler
Maddox
Brees
Pennington
Hasselback
B. Johnson
Plummer
Delohhme
McNair
Culpepper

I don't have actual numbers but them are just the ones off the top of my head.

Sure QB's can get up to 8+ million on the back end of a long term deal but only young, franchise, and productive QB's will average 8 million dollars a season.

Obviously, those playing on their first contracts like Bulger, Pennington & Ramsey aren't on that list.

But toss in salary and signing bonuses, and the buget for your QB's will be in he 6-8 Million range.

Bulger is cheap- but you are paying a huge stone for Warner. So the Rams' QB buget is up there as well.

Culpepper & Brooks will be in that range if not already- by next season. Brady resigned to a huge deal as well.

Dozerdog
11-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I also said QBs- your team's QB buget- (starter and backups) there are a number of players on your list who are playing in front of much more expensive players.