X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cablesabres68
    • Nov 2003

Another option during the offseason

I have been doin alot of research for my new Bills site and i have come up with this.

1. FIRE GW AND KG

2. First day of FA you get TO in here and sign him right away.

Terrell Owens
    He is the best all around reciever in the league and has already said he would love to get out of San Francisco. He can bring leadership and an attitude to this offense that is despratly in need of some help.

3. Second Resign Antoine Winfield.

Antoine Winfield
    Greatest takler in the NFL today. He also plays great man coverage and he is a huge asset to this Buffalo Bills franchise.
    If the Bills get rid of him there will be a huge out cry for TD's job.
    4. Draft Day

Round 1.
    Selection TE Kelen Winslow Jr.

Kelen at 6-5 250 shows great speed and agility which combined with the hands he has he will be pretty much unstopable. He is a canadate for the John Mackey Tight End award. The only downside to Kelen is he has a big mouth. He has a great attitude that could really help a team that needs an offensive attitude

Round 2.
    Selection DE Marcus Spears

Marcus is a great pass rusher and can do alot of damage to a line on either side of the DL. He was named All SEC in 2001. At 6'4 297 he would fit right in here in Buffalo. Unusually fast for a guy his size. With his 10 career sacks in his first 3 seasons with the Tigers he will be the stud of your DL.

Round 3.
    Selection OL

The Bills right now are hurting for O-line help and this is the round you would want to pickup a stud G or C. With the line Achored by Mike Williams, Jonas Jennings, and Ruben Brown they need a G and a C. If they don't pick one up here they will have to look to FA.

Round 4.
    Selection WR or OL

The bills Should definitly go after another reciever that they can have Moulds and Owens mold into a great reciever. Again you could also go OL because of the lack of consistancy out of the line this year you want to definitly pick someone up in this position so again Brown and Williams can help and mold them into.

Round 5-7.
    Selection Get what You need.

The bills should now just pick up areas that are in short supply of i still think they will go OL or DL with the next 3 picks.

5. They should find someone to help the line out if they didn't pick anyone up in the draft.

6. Resign Sam Gash.

Sam Gash
    Every RB who has ran behind this man has gained at least 1000 yards in a season. In 1999 with the Bills he didn't touch the ball once that year and made it to the Pro Bowl for being the best FB in the game. I agree that he is getting a little older but at 34 he still has atleast 3 years left in him.

Now this is what i think the bills should do in the offseason this is a little insight of what type of things will be on my site the
    BILLS NETWORK.
    Last edited by cablesabres68; 11-25-2003, 02:54 PM.
  • cablesabres68
    • Nov 2003

what do u guys think

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I don't think they will show any interest in TO. I would not want them to. Moulds and him could not co-exist. They would be fighting for throws all the time. It would be a bad situation.

No thanks on Winslow Jr either. The guy is overated IMO. We have a lot more pressing needs than TE.

The rest looks ok but I would not break the bank to re-sign Winfield. If he is reasonable than sure but no 4-5 mill a year. No way!!!

Comment

• MelK
        Working Incognito
        • Dec 2002

I hate it. Not only do we sign a potential cancer in TO- but we blow our top pick on another offensive Cancer. Both of them will be whinning by october why they aren't the focus of our offense- when we already will be sharing the ball between Henry & McG

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by cablesabres68
          I have been doin alot of research for my new Bills site and i have come up with this.

1. FIRE GW AND KG

2. First day of FA you get TO in here and sign him right away.

Terrell Owens
          He is the best all around reciever in the league and has already said he would love to get out of San Francisco. He can bring leadership and an attitude to this offense that is despratly in need of some help.

3. Second Resign Antoine Winfield.

Antoine Winfield
          Greatest takler in the NFL today. He also plays great man coverage and he is a huge asset to this Buffalo Bills franchise.
          If the Bills get rid of him there will be a huge out cry for TD's job.
          4. Draft Day

Round 1.
          Selection TE Kelen Winslow Jr.

Kelen at 6-5 250 shows great speed and agility which combined with the hands he has he will be pretty much unstopable. He is a canadate for the John Mackey Tight End award. The only downside to Kelen is he has a big mouth. He has a great attitude that could really help a team that needs an offensive attitude

Round 2.
          Selection DE Marcus Spears

Marcus is a great pass rusher and can do alot of damage to a line on either side of the DL. He was named All SEC in 2001. At 6'4 297 he would fit right in here in Buffalo. Unusually fast for a guy his size. With his 10 career sacks in his first 3 seasons with the Tigers he will be the stud of your DL.

Round 3.
          Selection OL

The Bills right now are hurting for O-line help and this is the round you would want to pickup a stud G or C. With the line Achored by Mike Williams, Jonas Jennings, and Ruben Brown they need a G and a C. If they don't pick one up here they will have to look to FA.

Round 4.
          Selection WR or OL

The bills Should definitly go after another reciever that they can have Moulds and Owens mold into a great reciever. Again you could also go OL because of the lack of consistancy out of the line this year you want to definitly pick someone up in this position so again Brown and Williams can help and mold them into.

Round 5-7.
          Selection Get what You need.

The bills should now just pick up areas that are in short supply of i still think they will go OL or DL with the next 3 picks.

5. They should find someone to help the line out if they didn't pick anyone up in the draft.

6. Resign Sam Gash.

Sam Gash
          Every RB who has ran behind this man has gained at least 1000 yards in a season. In 1999 with the Bills he didn't touch the ball once that year and made it to the Pro Bowl for being the best FB in the game. I agree that he is getting a little older but at 34 he still has atleast 3 years left in him.

Now this is what i think the bills should do in the offseason this is a little insight of what type of things will be on my site the
          BILLS NETWORK.
          First, about the coaches. I agree. We need better coaching before, during, and after the games. These guys seemed ill prepared every week. It's time for some new blood. Bmax came up with an excellent option in Walt Harris from the University of Pittsburgh. Man, would I love to see him coach this team!

Secondly, about Owens. I would like to have him here, but I don't think that's gonna happen. We need to re-sign Winfield, as you mentioned, while also looking to acquire a DE and, hopefully, a quality C. IF you were able to sign Owens here (a big IF), there's no way you could also re-sign Winfield AND get help for you offensive and/or defensive line.

We agree on Winfield, so let's skip that.

Now, the draft. I like Winslow and I'd love to see him as an option for the Bills. BUT, we need some serious talent up front on both offense and defense. We cannot give that up to get a TE or a WR first. What good will they do you when Bledsoe is being mauled behind a subpar offensive line? What good is a stud TE or WR when they're on the bench because your defense, due to the lack of a pass rush, can't get the offense off the field?

Marcus Spears in the 2nd? I'd rather have Claude Harriott of Pittsburgh, and I think he could be had in the 3rd. He's a good pass rusher and has bulked up some-near 270-while losing none of his quickness.

O-line in the 3rd? You'd better believe it! I have a couple of good choices that should be there at guard: Chris Kemoeatu of Utah and Adrien Clarke of Ohio State. Both are huge and can manhandle DL once they get a hold of them. Kemoeatu is also known for his mean streak! Man, I hope the Bills get him.

In the 4th, I hope they would look for either depth at DE or WR. As far as DEs go, they could look to Kenechi Udeze of USC; he's big (6-3, 280) and is a great athlete. Depending on what happens from here on out, he could be long gone by this pick, but if he's there, let's hope we take him. Another player to watch could be Jared Allen of Idaho State. He's pretty big at 6-6, 275 and I hear he has good quickness to go with that size. I don't know a whole lot about him, but I will be watching to see how he does from now until draft day. A WR I'd love to see fall to us would be Michael Jenkins of Ohio State. Of course, I really don't expect him to be there this late.

In the last few rounds, as you mentioned, we should draft for depth. We could probably get a decent LB prospect, another OL, or possibly a QB (someone mentioned Bradlee Van Pelt could be an undrafted possibility for the Bills; that would be nice!).

I also would like to see Gash back here in the role he should have this year: lead blocker for a power running game! Let's hope for that also.

All in all, not bad.

Comment

Working...
          X