PDA

View Full Version : Connolly's season may be over before it begins....

JD
11-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Connolly not expected to play this season

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Sabres forward Tim Connolly's season may be over before it even starts.

Connolly, who still has post-concussion symptoms and hasn't played a game this season, has shown no recent improvement or progress.

"You look at it now and you're staring at a year that is probably going to be a washout," coach Lindy Ruff said Tuesday.

Connolly was injured in a preseason game against Chicago on Oct. 2 after taking a hard hit from Blackhawks forward Scott Nichol. He went to a doctor in Montreal last week to get another opinion on his injury, and was giving a discouraging report.

Connolly has yet to be cleared for even light exercise.

He is coming off a disappointing season in which he recorded a career-low 25 points in 80 games. He was also a team-worst minus-28.

"We're disappointed, obviously, but secondly you want to see him get healthy," Ruff said. "We dealt with it last year with Max where it was an ongoing event."

Connolly was acquired from the New York Islanders in the summer of 2001. During his four-year career, he has scored 46 goals and 145 points in 234 games. He has never missed more than two games in a season.

Ruff further dampened any hope of Connolly playing this season.

"Even if he did come out of it a month from now, it would take a long time to get him back into shape," the coach said.

Well he sucked for most of last year, but at the end he began to shape up, its too bad he may not return to the lineup.:unhappy:

SkateZilla
11-25-2003, 09:01 PM
damn it you beat me to it,

SkateZilla
11-26-2003, 03:13 AM
put him on injury reserve and bring up ROY

Rude American
11-26-2003, 09:06 AM
that's what you get for signing an American kid.

:lolpoint: American player developmental system

Earthquake Enyart
11-26-2003, 09:17 AM
The doctor saw him play last year. He got his concussion in 1998.

The Spaz
11-26-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
that's what you get for signing an American kid.

:lolpoint: American player developmental system

Chris Drury, Pat Lafontaine, Paul Kariya,Bill Guerin, Keith Tkackuk. Do I need to mention the Olympics we beat you at?!:fabulous:

lordofgun
11-26-2003, 09:58 AM
This is exactly why we shouldn't trade for pansies. :mad:

Rude American
11-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Chris Drury, Pat Lafontaine, Paul Kariya,Bill Guerin, Keith Tkackuk. Do I need to mention the Olympics we beat you at?!:fabulous:

Paul Kariya's American? Interesting.

I have you beat already.

So yes. Please go through the Olympics where you beat us. And then we'll talk about the history of the game, where Canadians were during the "miracle on ice" etc., etc.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

The Spaz
11-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Rude American

Paul Kariya's American? Interesting.

I have you beat already.

So yes. Please go through the Olympics where you beat us. And then we'll talk about the history of the game, where Canadians were during the "miracle on ice" etc., etc.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

The point is Paul Kariya went to College Hockey in the US so what does that say about the "American developmental System". Sorry the rest of the world has caught up to canada in hockey just not the US so really there is nothing else to say except that it is a fact.

pyrrhonist
11-26-2003, 02:16 PM
As much as I like to punk Timmy out for his sloppy play, a concussion is no joke. I hope he recovers.