PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep Greg Williams

juice
11-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Extreme Scenerio it may be, It would take the offense equaling the defense in level of play. The Jets went on a run to win the AFC-EAST last year, if GW could get us in on that type of run you'd almost have to re-sign him to a contract. Like it or not. ACC

The Spaz
11-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Hell ****** no Gregg has to go and KG!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

IHateTheDullphins
11-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by juice
Extreme Scenerio it may be, It would take the offense equaling the defense in level of play. The Jets went on a run to win the AFC-EAST last year, if GW could get us in on that type of run you'd almost have to re-sign him to a contract. Like it or not. ACC

:rofl: Juice, you are too much man! keep GW Bwuhahahahah! what a comedian!:lmao:

ArcticWildMan
11-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Since I know there is now way in hell this scenario will ever come to pass, I have no problem saying we should extend GW if it happens :D

juice
11-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Yee of little faith, Since this squad has no heart, and many of the players seem to have given up I'd say Snowball in hell at best, But bengals fans and Jets fans must just be dillusional, I dont see many of them jumping ship.

clumping platelets
11-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Only if Gilbride is gone could I even fathom it

juice
11-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

Turning this "O" around would give Gilbride offensive genius status, you couldn't get rid of him.

ArcticWildMan
11-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Yee of little faith, Since this squad has no heart, and many of the players seem to have given up I'd say Snowball in hell at best, But bengals fans and Jets fans must just be dillusional, I dont see many of them jumping ship.

Bengals have a winning record and are in first place in their division. The Jets are hot and unlike us, are playing well.

The_Philster
11-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

Seems to be that you were saying we should keep Williams just two games ago. ;)

Dozerdog
11-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Can I buy the team for $25 bucks in this dream scenario?

TigerJ
11-26-2003, 06:25 PM
This scenario is completely unreal. It will never happen. BUT if it did, I would have no problem keeping the present coaching staff because it would mean Gilbride has finally figured out how to adjust his scheme, and the offence has a chance to produce. The reason it won't happen is that Gilbride is married to his system. It's more important to him that he prove it's superior to any other scheme than winning is. The problem is that his scheme demands more mental quickness than any QB is likely to possess.

helmetguy
11-26-2003, 10:28 PM
If this coaching staff can put together anything resmbling "success," let alone a run into the playoffs, you'd have to consider it an accident. These guys think it's still preseason; judging by they're complete lack of adjustments.

The_Philster
11-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
These guys think it's still preseason; judging by they're complete lack of adjustments.

Honestly, I don't know if Williams is smart enough to know what halftime adjustments are.

SABURZFAN
11-27-2003, 05:27 AM
hey juice,what kind of "tobacco" are you smoking in ACC country?

Jan Reimers
11-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Williams and his staff have failed, and failed miserably. There is no way we should keep a failed regime.

Jan Reimers
11-27-2003, 06:47 AM
... We are 4-7 for God's sake, and stumbling through a hideously bad season. Why would anyone even consider keeping this idiot?

juice
11-30-2003, 08:20 PM
1 down and 4 games to go 'till 9-7 and ? playoffs. ACC

SoCalBillsFan
11-30-2003, 08:41 PM
How bout we run the table, make the playoffs, and still fire GW and KG? Best of both worlds!

Billsouth
11-30-2003, 09:36 PM
better yet, fire gw and kg now ad then make the playoff

Dozerdog
11-30-2003, 09:41 PM

Even if the Bills run the table, the Colts (with a win over us) have 9 wins, and the Dolphins (with a win over us) have 8 wins. Both clubs would need to lose every game here on out, and we will still need help to get in. Ain't gonna happen

juice
11-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Even if the Bills run the table, the Colts (with a win over us) have 9 wins, and the Dolphins (with a win over us) have 8 wins. Both clubs would need to lose every game here on out, and we will still need help to get in. Ain't gonna happen

Grim Reaper, at least the Colts lost and I think the Fins see NE soon and have to see our "D" again, Payback time Lets at least play the spoiler like last year. Ga. Tech earns respect

OpIv37
11-30-2003, 10:57 PM
As long as we're talking about ridiculous scenarios, Gregg can stay if he wins the SB THIS YEAR, which would take miracles of both football and luck.

Otherwise get his a$$ out of there. I'm way too young to have high blood pressure, which is what's going to happen if I attempt to endure one more season of GW/KG

Moulds80
11-30-2003, 11:04 PM

get out.

BuffaloRanger
12-01-2003, 02:02 AM
One game does not a season make. The Giants may be one of the 3 worst football teams in the NFL right now.

Even if the Bills won the next 4 it's too little too late. For the team and it's coaches.

Billsbabee
12-01-2003, 07:11 AM
We have been labeled the biggest disappointment team of the season and you want to repeat this next year?? :shakeno:

Historian
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Billsbabee
We have been labeled the biggest disappointment team of the season and you want to repeat this next year?? :shakeno:

The way this team has played, Williams should be fired, and forced to give back his salary for this year!

justasportsfan
12-01-2003, 07:40 AM

Why we should let Williams go.......

Marvin Lewis- His first year as a Bengals coach and they are leading their division. GW is in his 3rd year.

Don't be surprised if the bills finish the season strong. Under GW this team has played well in the later part of the season but still no playoffs.

Juice, we played the giants. This was a game that showed which team sucked more, not which team was better.

GW must go. Even if we beat NE, Titans and Fins. GW is toast.

caveboy
12-01-2003, 07:43 AM
"I'm way too young to have high blood pressure"

That's what it means to be a Bills fan.

;-)

Unfortunately, I see a potential other scenario whereby both idiots return, KG and GW. The way former play-by-play guys, (be they coaches or former players) are talking, I don't hear a lot of them saying that firing Dumb and Dumber is a foregone conclusion.

How many times yesterday did Brent Jones during the game talk about how KG called 'a brilliant game.' Don't know about that. Looked like the Giants just forgot to tackle. Golic on ESPN said that GW is not in trouble. Yikes.

:sukrpnch:

Voltron
12-01-2003, 09:47 AM
I am still laughing about his :lol:

Can't .... breath ... sides splitting ....

Give me a break. We Beat the Giants not KC or the Pats! They have one of the most Beat up teams in the NFL as well as one of the worst secondaries. They blow worse than us! I don't know how anyone can eve think about Keeping Gregg and KG. They are both gone in a few games and we can discuss what 2004 may hold for this team of underachievers.

caveboy
12-01-2003, 10:24 AM
"I don't know how anyone can eve think about Keeping Gregg and KG."

I'm not, no way no how. I'd like to help them pack. I'm just saying that with the way Ralph, GW/KG/TD are in denial, they may just convince themselves that it's the player's fault for not executing, not their playcalling/coaching, and that with 'just one more year, we can turn this thing around.'

Getting beat by teams we had no right losing to is just one of the many 'gifts' Dumb and Dumber have given us this x-mas season.

:punchu:

juice
12-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Diehard, thats how you end a disappointing season, and if you do die then take someone with you, play spoiler, Dolphins beware. ACC

STAMPY
12-01-2003, 07:41 PM
even if we make it by some miracle, it won't save his job

juice
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
even if we make it by some miracle, it won't save his job

If somehow the Bills get to the AFC Championship game his job will be saved, because TD isn't going to make a change from that kind of sucess, it would be too much of a risk that the next guy would tank. Just hypothetic but he and KG would and should keep their job if this happened. ACC Beast of the EAST

The_Philster
12-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I think I and many others here would think about blowing our brains out if those two incompetent idiots were kept on.

juice
12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I think I and many others here would think about blowing our brains out if those two incompetent idiots were kept on.

At this point I would have to agree with you but if you asked me in the post season and the Bills were preparing for the AFC-CHamp. game against the Titans I might have to go the other way. Dont forget there are alot of things about this staff that has been productive example Jerry Gray. Get deep into the playoffs and I tend to stick with the present staff. Starting from scratch can be a headache. ACC

The_Philster
12-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Disregard the Jerry Gray factor. He had to have his hand held by Dick LeBeau to have any success thos season.

juice
12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
DL wasn't there the end of last season, and aside from this last game I dont know if his zone blitzing has covered for our lack of DE play (except Giants game). Gray may have just needed some talent on that "Swiss Cheese" defense. I think the talent level not the Lebeau factor has made the difference. Gray is a keeper Ga. Tech takes respect

juice
12-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Bills over Jets by 3, Brady for MVP over the Fins by 3, lets get something started.