PDA

View Full Version : Would Keeping Coach Williams, actually help in...

STAMPY
11-26-2003, 01:42 PM
signing freeagent DE Jevon Kearse as he played for GW in Tennessee... Kearse is exactly what we need! But i think its not even worth keeping that jackass around, he can't coach

The Natrix
11-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Why would Kearse want to come here, with or without GW?

We were able to sign some top flight FAs because many thought the Bills were a team on the rise. Do you think Spikes would come here if this was his contract year in Cinnci?

STAMPY
11-26-2003, 02:15 PM
ummm ya... this dissed him. they didn't even try to resign him. they didn't even try to match his offer sheet. I'm sorry i don't care if cincy is above .500 we have superior talent and will be better in long run. and if i feel disrespected i'm moving to another team that wants me.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2003, 02:21 PM
we don't need kearse.the guy gets injured too often.

Dozerdog
11-26-2003, 02:25 PM
Kearse & Williams would be worse for Buffalo than No Kearse and No Williams. Keeping GW would negate any gains made by bringing in the Freak

STAMPY
11-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Kearse & Williams would be worse for Buffalo than No Kearse and No Williams. Keeping GW would negate any gains made by bringing in the Freak

agreed... maybe we can make gw ourdefensive coordinator like he was in tenn.

Jeff1220
11-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Kearse is the Fred Taylor of DEs.

The_Philster
11-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
agreed... maybe we can make gw ourdefensive coordinator like he was in tenn.

That would never happen. Even if he'd be willing to do it, he'd be too much of a distraction. Besides, Fisher was the one actually calling the shots on defense. Williams was mostly a figurehead who just carried out Fisher's game plans.

STAMPY
11-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Kearse is the Fred Taylor of DEs.

i can't stand people who still knock fred taylor as an injury prone...i'm sorry but the guys been healthy last two years... he's a stable back past those days

Novacane
11-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
. I'm sorry i don't care if cincy is above .500 we have superior talent

I'm not so sure we do. On defense maybe. Not by much though.

On offense.........I don't think so. They have a great WR combo. Chad Johnson will be one of the best WR for years to come. Warrick has really come on this year. I'd take Kitna over Bledsoe right now. Thier O-line is at least as good as ours. RB's are about equal. I don't think Cinci is a fluke. If Palmer turns out to be the real deal
they will be good for a long time.

Novacane
11-26-2003, 06:14 PM
...................as to the thread topic.............................no way do we keep GW just to help with signing Kearse.

Kearse is not going anywhere anyway. Tennesee will find a way to keep him.